BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

All that hard work Bowyer put it bringing decent Championship players in on the cheap is being undone far too quickly.

You can't be to surprised, look how quickly they've undone 20 years of previous hard work establishing us as a premier league club.

"Gaz's" roll at the club has been realised with profitable sales on cheap buys, exactly what was intended, if not by Bowyer himself.

#venkysout

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and a team of Baptiste, Hanley, Duffy, Olsson, Marshall, Evans, Cairney, Conway, Rhodes and Gestede seems a million miles away from where we are now. We had Spurr, Spearing and King on the bench!

And somehow even with that team Gaz could only get us to 9th.

Nicko

Brighton expected to go to 4m for Shane Duffy at Blackburn today. No further comment.

Can you ask him how far he's off from going to press with his exposure on corruption in football, particularly at Blackburn Rovers?

Nicko

Brighton expected to go to 4m for Shane Duffy at Blackburn today. No further comment.

I hope so but feel it may be just a pipedream.

TBH I would get shut of Duffy if it meant on a free and pay his taxi to the airport.

What he did last night I have never seen before in 50++ years of playing and following football.

The removal of the black armband just confirmed that he is a classless indivdual of very limited intelect.

Nicko

I just cannot believe anyone would pay 4 mil for that guy even before last nights nonsense. More like they'll let him go on the quiet for 1.5 plus add on's then dress it up in the media like the Scott Dann deal to us.

Doesn't matter to us as fans anyway as the money will just disappear and personally I'd let him rot now till summer. No way are they getting 4 mill for him with not much contract left.

I just cannot believe anyone would pay 4 mil for that guy even before last nights nonsense. More like they'll let him go on the quiet for 1.5 plus add on's then dress it up in the media like the Scott Dann deal to us.

Doesn't matter to us as fans anyway as the money will just disappear and personally I'd let him rot now till summer. No way are they getting 4 mill for him with not much contract left.

I'd also let him rot. The money won't be reinvested.

Nicko

I suspect that Brighton have been in his ear since day 1 of the transfer window. Offers have been rejected and since we sold Hanley i reckon Coyle has told him he's going no where, new contract was then finally shoved under his nose.

Brighton probably said they were coming back in with the Rupees needed and Duffy took it upon himself to Engineer his own exit.

Burnt his bridges big time with the fans and basically made himself unavailable for the foreseeable through the red card and awful performances.

£4m? Thats a joke for a start. Nixon is trying to help his buddy out by inflating the price so the fans won't mind him going for such a crazy amount.

£1.5m at absolute maximum.

No chance whatsoever that a club like Brighton would cough up £4 million for Duffy with only 10 months remaining on his contract. They are too sensible with their money to pay that much for someone of his ability who will be a free agent next summer.

Nixon will start the ball rolling at £4 million as part of the clubs continuing efforts to pull the wool over our eyes.

£4 million for him and most supporters would drive him down to Brighton. £1 million for him and its a different question altogether given the state of our defence. £4 million after last nights calamity makes it look like the club is getting a good deal out of it.

Its all about misleading the supporters. Make them think we're getting a good deal for him.

Doesn't matter how much money we get for Duffy, as we all know it isn't going on the team. A small part of me hopes he doesn't get his big move and is forced to stay at Ewood for the season so he can be as miserable as us.

Last night was a disgrace from him. I just hope he plays for us one more time to get a well deserved 'send off' from the fans he mugged off.

Duffy deserve to go. Performances have been pathetic so far..

Didnt Brighton bid 3 mil early in the summer?

Also isnt their centre back Dunk going to WBA for 12 mil?

Duffy Replacement? I would like to see us going for Matt Mills from Forest and make him captain. Werent we linked with earlier in the summer?

Duffy Replacement? I would like to see us going for Matt Mills from Forest and make him captain. Werent we linked with earlier in the summer?

He would cost money and command a decent Championship wage. Neither of those things we appear willing to pay.

If Duffy goes we will do one of three things.

Offer more to sign the French 2nd division lad.

Make do with who we already have and promote Scott Wharton.

Try and find a loan player from a Premier League club.

Proven, respected, capable, experienced Championship players? Forget it.

I don't think anyone's too fussed. We're going to go for the cheapest possible option - I'd be astonished if we signed someone who could step in and be club captain.

As others have said, transfers are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

• Backroom

Deserves a move to a better team?

He deserves to rot in the reserves

He deserves to rot

Mills will cost when will you ever learn

BTW ask your pal is he going to do a exclusive on the revealed documents

If Brighton want to bid 4 mill for Duffy then more fool them, but as Tom says above he should really be rotting in the reserves until his contract runs out as punishment. Play the young lad Wharton on saturday and I bet we'll get a better tune out of him and Greer together.

I remember watching Duffy on loan at Yeovil against Rovers a couple of years ago when we drew 0-0 around easter time and missed out on a big chance to move into the top 6....he had Gestede in his back pocket the entire game and I remember thinking he'd be a cracking player for Rovers. Was chuffed when we signed him....how wrong was I! The new Bradley Orr...

Hopefully the owners ain`t going to give any money for players yet. Can`t see Coyle lasting so would be a waste, mind you if they were only going to spend a couple of million at most, it will all have to go to paying off his contract.

Archived