BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Scouts can only do their jobs in there is proper structure and a plan from the manager in place.

Lambert would have asked the scouting department to scouted players for certain positions he wanted for and for the style of play he wanted to play. He might have been looking to sign a couple of players from Germany or Europe but he left.

Plus we took ages to sort out the manager situation.

Plans for each transfer window take time to put into place. Probably 3 months before the window open.

I think the only real scouting done at Rovers in Venky's time was under Bowyer. Appleton put stuff in place but got sacked. I really think they just scroll through whatever a certain set of agents come up with and don't look any further than that. That's why they prefer the Coyle type of manager........

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never have I been less excited on a transfer deadline day. There is ordinarily something to get remotely excited about. This is just inane. We don't even feel like a real club these days. Simply on the outside, looking in, like an out of body experience.

I think the only real scouting done at Rovers in Venky's time was under Bowyer. Appleton put stuff in place but got sacked. I really think they just scroll through whatever a certain set of agents come up with and don't look any further than that. That's why they prefer the Coyle type of manager........

Jerome Allegedly Likes This. Commission Commission Commission!gold-pound-symbol-1280x1024.jpg

Bit of a rubbish transfer day overall. Major news is David Luis back, Spurs signing an £8m player for £30m and Wilshere being put out to pasture on the south coast, and the usual millions spent on players most people have never heard of.

Yes the Rao's do like a liar.

What evidence is there that Bowyer actually watched his signings? I suggest he did what virtually every other manager does in the circumstances - got on the phone to as many managers as possible and ask if they have players they might consider loaning/releasing. Chances are most aren't up to much, but the odds are that a small fraction do well enough to sell on at a profit.

Don't think Bowyer did any more than that.

There was a certain scout here when GB was here he was a agent not the one we cant mention but someone from the same mould/school ( they all @#/? in the same pot if you get my drift ) anyone thinking good old Gaz went out and found some gems out of thin air needs to give their heads a shake ..he aint finding them gems on Blackpool beach at the moment is he ???

A certain poster on here as been vilified for keep banging on about a scouse mafia....work it out

BTW Jal was bang on the money even though a bit cryptic anyone doing their homework would know just cross the dots easy even without being ITK

Bit of a rubbish transfer day overall. Major news is David Luis back, Spurs signing an £8m player for £30m and Wilshere being put out to pasture on the south coast, and the usual millions spent on players most people have never heard of.

And the dingles have signed a Derby player to help get them back into the PL next season, which they probably will if they manage to

keep hold of Dyche.

Money for old rope this yo-yo club business.

There was a certain scout here when GB was here he was a agent not the one we cant mention but someone from the same mould/school ( they all @#/? in the same pot if you get my drift ) anyone thinking good old Gaz went out and found some gems out of thin air needs to give their heads a shake ..he aint finding them gems on Blackpool beach at the moment is he ???

A certain poster on here as been vilified for keep banging on about a scouse mafia....work it out

BTW Jal was bang on the money even though a bit cryptic anyone doing their homework would know just cross the dots easy even without being ITK

Yes but at least the agent identified players good enough for Blackburn in the likes of Gestede, Conway, Marshy, Cairney, Steele. I know he dropped one with Anton Forrester but at least he managed to make some dough on them.

Take your minds back to Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic, Dann, Modeste, Orr, Gomes, Murphy, Etuhu and ask yourself how much we made then?

If anything the first agent deserves a little bit of credit.

Diege Poyet have been released by West Ham, worth a try ?

Deffo. Not recaptured his Charlton form but the class is there.

Last signing we're going to make according to make according to Rovers official twitter account.

Nah Nicko said we were going for 3-4?

Only until Jan 2017, whats that all about ?

Feel free to speculate, I am going too

All about the commissions.

Archived