BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Bit of a rubbish transfer day overall. Major news is David Luis back, Spurs signing an £8m player for £30m and Wilshere being put out to pasture on the south coast, and the usual millions spent on players most people have never heard of.

There wasn't much happening earlier in the day and Sky were desperately trying to turn nothing into something and make it sound exciting.

Quote of the day came from a reporter outside Chelsea's training ground talking about the potential David Luiz transfer.

"A helicopter just landed at Chelsea's Cobham training ground. Probably not him but it makes you wonder who it is'

Nice work if you can get it, getting paid for spouting that sort of drivel!.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I'm thinking and that's why this club has such a turnover of players and lack of directors to stand up and say hey what's going on. Factor in there is always someone here who seems to be representing someone else's interests, Shaw was the last one now Coyle. Bowyer had the remit down to a tee but did it the right way and also used different agents so noses out of joint meant he bit the dust, nothing to do with results.

Also consider that Venkys have this huge debt so can't just walk away from that either so now they've just left it to the partners again.

Always questioned the high turnover. We are a revolving door and it seems people come in with empty pockets and leave with them full.

When blokes with spreadsheets go into any business it means one thing. We are run by a bloody accountant. There is only one use for us and that's to make sure money flows and it certainly isn't flowing in our direction. Someone, some people, somewhere are making a small fortune at our expense.

I'd love Fat Baz to come to Ewood. LOVE IT. Can bring his bodyguards too. But he won't because he's a coward. All 3 of them are cowards. None of them have ever had the tenacity to face us and speak the truth - it always has to be on their terms because they are cowards. I'm seriously reaching the end of my tether.

I would be more than prepared to walk. This isn't my club anymore. It isn't the club I fell in love with all those years ago. We are being attacked on all angles: from the @#/?s stealing from us, from the media ignoring us, from the twitterati and their blasé attitude and from our bloggers and their vomit-inducing trivialisation of our downfall.

Pleased with Emnes signing as we needed another option in attack. Of twelve new signings we have six on loan which rather tells us where the club is heading these days. The Premier League is quickly becoming a dim and distant memory and we have reverted to the club we once were forty-odd years ago. Just hope that Coyle can get enough from his new signings to keep us in the Championship. Now the window has closed the next few months are all about getting results on the pitch. It's crucial that we don't get cut adrift at the bottom.

Patently not true. We were poor financially all those years ago but we were never badly run as we are at present - and we had people in charge (and supporters) who cared passionately about the club.

Rovers were a top First Division side when I started watching in the 1960s so the third division days of the 1970s were an aberration for me. What is happening to the club now is not inevitable and is not reverting to the norm.

To coin a phrase "Move on"

13,000 already have

Said it before we used to have two season tickets for BRFC up until 2014 what we held since 2009, one for me and the other passed between my dad or other brother when either one couldn't attend etc.

This season we decided to get a ST at my dads team, Wigan. Now I just go along once a month to a game with him and enjoy watching football and spending a bit of time with the old man. It's nice to see a team which wasn't to dissimilar from ourselves in terms of ethics and a proper owner like Whelan without even thinking about this indian carry on what is running our club like one of there petty Pune corner shops.

We are definitely NOT reverting to the club we used to be forty odd years ago.

Then we were still run by people who cared, there was still a Rovers spirit about the place and we believed that those who ran it, while certainly making mistakes, had the best interests of the club at heart. We knew the club had no money and that it wasn't their fault.

Yes, we look doomed to play in the lower divisions for some time to come, in front of small crowds.

Superficially therefore, we are back to the eighties, in truth we are light years away from being the loved, proud,community football club we were back then. I would exchange now for then in a heartbeat.

I would, with respect, disagree with out on two points 47er. Firstly I don't think we are back to the eighties because I believe both Bob Saxton and Don Mackay were far better managers than Coyle and both had squads of players far superior to what we have now. I think it's nearer the situation that Furphy inherited and turned around in 1971. Sadly, Coyle is no Ken Furphy. Secondly, I still believe you can love the club without having anything but contempt for the owners. I don't see the club and the owners as one of the same. This is still Blackburn Rovers, the same club that was founded in 1875. At the moment we have been hijacked by folk who don't appear to have our best interests at heart. At some point, when it suits them, they will leave and the club will continue, albeit a mere shadow of the club that they bought.

I would, with respect, disagree with out on two points 47er. Firstly I don't think we are back to the eighties because I believe both Bob Saxton and Don Mackay were far better managers than Coyle and both had squads of players far superior to what we have now. I think it's nearer the situation that Furphy inherited and turned around in 1971. Sadly, Coyle is no Ken Furphy. Secondly, I still believe you can love the club without having anything but contempt for the owners. I don't see the club and the owners as one of the same. This is still Blackburn Rovers, the same club that was founded in 1875. At the moment we have been hijacked by folk who don't appear to have our best interests at heart. At some point, when it suits them, they will leave and the club will continue, albeit a mere shadow of the club that they bought.

Totally see/respect what your saying but it isn't for me.

The fact you see it as Blackburn Rovers and the owners sepretly is something i can't get passed. I'd liken it to the love of your life who you later split with only to rekindle later on in life.

There wasn't much happening earlier in the day and Sky were desperately trying to turn nothing into something and make it sound exciting.

Quote of the day came from a reporter outside Chelsea's training ground talking about the potential David Luiz transfer.

"A helicopter just landed at Chelsea's Cobham training ground. Probably not him but it makes you wonder who it is'

Nice work if you can get it, getting paid for spouting that sort of drivel!.

It is cringey to watch. They've been talking Wishere's loan move up like Maradona in his prime rocking up at Gt Harwood.

To coin a phrase "Move on"

13,000 already have

I saw a comment today that really had my jaw hit the floor. I wasn't going to post it because I didn't want this to turn into some weird back and fourth between me and the 'blue eyed boy'. However, I feel if any phrase deserves to be coined it's this below picture.

"It's like an 'I'm the most pious preserving Jack's dream' competition. Deal with it." Wow.

Save the whole 'Hades-like' reference he made to this forum. Even forgetting the trivialisation of a mans reason to boycott. These are the words of a mug. In one breath he denounces the 'hurtful accusations' that he doesn't care much for the club and in another he reckons we should just deal with. We've had our time. Deal with it. And all those that attempt to make a change are simply pious - desperate to prove they are the ones most keen to preserve Jack's dream. It's posts like this that make you wonder on how many sides are we fighting this battle. Sandwiched between those that are out to destroy Blackburn and those that won't move - won't change their ideals because they stubbornly believe themselves to be superior; a class higher than those making all the noise. Then those in the middle go the only way in which they can: away from the fight. In the end you will be left with the evil winning and the silly, stubborn few asking themselves: "where did it all go wrong?".

picture3.pngimage sharing sites

And just for reference when you do read that Blue Eyed Boy save the whole "I know the law I will come for libel" threats. It's akin to running to the teacher because some boy called you a swear word.

#VenkysOut #ChestonOut

Patently not true. We were poor financially all those years ago but we were never badly run as we are at present - and we had people in charge (and supporters) who cared passionately about the club.

Rovers were a top First Division side when I started watching in the 1960s so the third division days of the 1970s were an aberration for me. What is happening to the club now is not inevitable and is not reverting to the norm.

There are still supporters who care passionately about the club. There are still people working at Ewood and Brockhall who care passionately about the club. I too enjoyed watching a successful First Division side in the 1960s - who could forget that wonderful team 'Jolly Jack' put together? Nonethless, the club fell on hard times and slipped into the Third Division, in part due to the fact that financial pressures forced the sale of players and we were unable to find the funds to buy decent replacments. The present owners aren't prepared to spend money on players and hence the chances are that we will return to the Third Division because of a lack of funds to strengthen the team. The reasons may differ but the end result may well be the same.

When the @#/? will our supporters realise that Rao's owned Rovers is ' not fit for purpose '? Its a sham, a front, a fraud.

Its not a Football Club.

I will personally break the nose of any Venky appeaser at the Wolves match.

Completely agree with you Parson, of course it's the same Club it's always been since 1875 it's just that currently we have owners with an appallingly bad record. Whether you think that's down to sheer ineptitude and gross negligence /incompetence or something more sinister is up to the individual.

Of course things aren't exactly the same as way back when,times change. We don't all drive around in model T Ford's anymore either. We don't have a locally based board of businessmen who bleed blue and white but on the flip side we have the benefit of the marvellous facilities left by Jack that we didn't have before.

Overall though we do seem to be headed back to where we were when I first started watching us in 1971, near the bottom of the old 3rd division in front of pitifully low crowds.

My view is I won't let the buggers beat us and I still hope to be around until either after they've gone or until better times roll around or both.

So its apparent no one with any sense wanted to come here or wanted to play for Coyle... Even Swansea wouldn't let crappy Marvin Emnes come for too long.

Seems Marsh is willing to run his contract down, bet he already knows who he's going to. Sort of glad because it means no cash for those divs.

Marshall will go in january

Who do you think you are? Move on? And you wonder why people have a go.....

He missed these: " "

That was a Nixon tweet.

I see my troll is back yet again

You don't help yourself. If you're quoting someone make it clear for numerous reasons.

When the @#/? will our supporters realise that Rao's owned Rovers is ' not fit for purpose '? Its a sham, a front, a fraud.

Its not a Football Club.

That's the spirit. That'll unite the fan base.

Has anyone worked out how much our full squad has cost in transfer fees to put together?

I did something a week ago. Reckon it was about £3.5m plus whatever we have (allegedly) spent this window. (Based on transfermarkt.com).

That was for Marshall, Conway, Evans and Steele IIRC.

There are still supporters who care passionately about the club. There are still people working at Ewood and Brockhall who care passionately about the club. I too enjoyed watching a successful First Division side in the 1960s - who could forget that wonderful team 'Jolly Jack' put together? Nonethless, the club fell on hard times and slipped into the Third Division, in part due to the fact that financial pressures forced the sale of players and we were unable to find the funds to buy decent replacments. The present owners aren't prepared to spend money on players and hence the chances are that we will return to the Third Division because of a lack of funds to strengthen the team. The reasons may differ but the end result may well be the same.

Younger generations who read your posts will think that Rovers are by our very nature a Lower League team.

Historically we certainly are NOT NOT NOT NOT

Its not a Football Club.

This really is pathetic, but just about sums up the total lack of respect that some supporters have for others - united fanbase what a joke!

Younger generations who read your posts will think that Rovers are by our very nature a Lower League team.

Historically we certainly are NOT NOT NOT NOT

Of course we are not - I don't think I have ever said we were. Historically the club has been one that has fluctuated between the top two Divisions rather than the lower Divisions and that's why, for me, retaining Championship status is so important.

Archived