BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

8 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

While I fully agree Venky's spending £750k on Dack, a free+add-ons for Gladwin, and signing a couple frees on decent League 1 wages isn't all that much to really cheer about (the losses are still likely there, just at a much smaller scale - losing £3-5M in League 1 stands out by League 1 standards but it's pretty much the absolute minimum for Championship clubs), but you can't ignore our turnover has also taken a dramatic hit of late due to the end of parachute payments and the revenue drop from relegation again.

Two years ago Championship clubs without parachute payments get roughly £5m in broadcast revenue. I think it's slightly higher now. For a League 1 club, it looks like that'll total just over £1m. Commercial and gate revenue are bound to drop as well.

Net cuts were bound to happen after another relegation (hence why relegation clauses exist...), no matter who the owners are. (And I also wouldn't be surprised if we see an outgoing before the end of the window, but again, pretty typical for a relegated club to lose one of its better players...)

I don't quite get how they are 'better off' considering our turnover is hitting a new low. I'd be quite surprised if we turn anything close to a profit...

The man who sold Venkys the youth vision as it'll cost less, the man who admitted he doesn't  need to go through suhail but can always speak to the owners but prefers going through suhail instead helped relegate us knowing the importance and exact same of the above Canada. 

Not a peep this summer from Cheston, this guy wants outing.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

It's mainly just the small influx of newbies we get every summer telling us this is it times have changed Vs are investing everything is great please buy some season tickets. Pound to a penny they'll disappear if the team is struggling, pop back when we win a few then gone completely by Christmas if we aren't in top 6 never to be seen again until next summer under even dafter user names.

Like everything in this present era we've seen and heard it all before. Actions are the only thing that matters so lets see if the window slams shut with a few more incomings and maybe only one or two 'off the wage bill' outgoings.

Striker, Big centre half and pacey winger in before then please if we are serious. Even if they are on loan hell even Coyle managed 2 of those.

Hate to disillusion you but the newbies (me can't speak for any other) certainly haven't come back on the back of any success it's insane to suggest otherwise. if anything some have missed the golden times. I followed the club sporadically in the prem pre & post kean & during spells with bowyer & Appleton & now Mowbray in league 1. All I'm saying is if anything I've watched them more upto recently (apart from spell when I was working) going from the prem into league 1. Not based on being a plastic I've seen the bad times & I'm still going to go back. I wasnt 1 of the thousands who deserted the club after it's heyday & now jump on the badtime bandwagon.

9 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

Hate to disillusion you but the newbies (me can't speak for any other) certainly haven't come back on the back of any success it's insane to suggest otherwise. if anything some have missed the golden times. I followed the club sporadically in the prem pre & post kean & during spells with bowyer & Appleton & now Mowbray in league 1. All I'm saying is if anything I've watched them more upto recently (apart from spell when I was working) going from the prem into league 1. Not based on being a plastic I've seen the bad times & I'm still going to go back. I wasnt 1 of the thousands who deserted the club after it's heyday & now jump on the badtime bandwagon.

That last sentence is disgraceful and just shows you for the dingle that you are.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

That last sentence is disgraceful and just shows you for the dingle that you are.

Touché have I hit a raw nerve. I can quote the attendance figures post prem. people (not everyone) simply stopped going as lots wanted to watch premiership football or didn't like the regime. I'm not having a go. People have/had they own reasons for not wanting to go that's upto them. Don't like anybody implying I'm a fair weather fan because I've experienced more of the bad than the good upto recently 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He pointed out basic human nature, calm down.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

He pointed out basic human nature, calm down.

Not quite, Mike.

The implication of Bluebandit's comment was that all those, who refused to collude with the dismantling and abuse of the club were merely fair weather fans and deserters.

Putting it politely, I don't buy that for one nanosecond.

1 hour ago, Bluebandit said:

Badtime bandwagon lol that's a new one, a belter if you don't mind me saying so. Never heard owt as daft in my life !

Your dig at the so called deserters is an interesting one as if you have a scout about you'll see Bolton lost 5/6k home fans overnight on relegation from the Prem. Hull City were playing to 24/27k in the Prem yet after relegation often gates of 16k and i'm sure there is plenty other examples of the fact medium sized clubs loose around 5 thousand Prem plastics every time they drop, even small clubs like Burnley do.

At Rovers it was magnified massively by the Venky, Kean, Anderson effect and i'll include myself an my mate in that as we were set to boycott because we were furious they hadn't got rid of that verminous parasite. No other reason yet the pull of going ( or maybe jumping on the badtime bandwagon ;) ) proved to strong an hour before the Hull match and we relented, ended up attending most home and a load of away games. I'm sure a lot were in the same boat, some gritted their teeth and pitched up and a lot stood their ground. Once that pig had gone the gates picked up a bit again especially when there was a false dawn under GB.

I'm talking about bodies actually in seats by the way not the fabled announced gates that for a time were quite plainly being dressed up.

If you are for real you just sound like a part timer who gets the bug every now and again, quickly gets bored and jacks again. Rovers always had lots of those, nothing wrong with it each to their own but don't turn up preaching and expect an easy ride. My prediction is you'll disappear the first sign of a struggle in the league, off here I mean.

Firstly I wasn't having a go as I'd already stated. I can't disappear at the first sign of struggle as I've already bought my ST ticket if i buy a can of coke I drink it. You are right I have been a part-timer because work comes first it's a priority it enables me to buy a season ticket & more importantly pay my mortgage keep a roof over my head. I just think it was hypocritical critising me thru lack of commitment when I've always done my best. I would have watched them more had work & time allowed. Where are the missing thousands??? & in no way I'm I implying you are 1. I won't criticise the 1s that don't go by that same token please don't criticise me & the 1s that do.

They are hardly going to come back after relegation to league 1 for the first time in nearly 40 years though that's just the way football is and I take offence at you trying to portray it's almost unique at Rovers. It isn't and never has been but the ownership situation is and that alone is keeping a few thousand diehards away as a lot won't just plonk their principles aside at the first sign of an ounce of positive spin.

Also if you read what I said I meant disappear off here soon as any sh*t* hits the fan with results.

I know my fault I later read it & initially misunderstood about disappearance. Don't worry about that score I take the rough with the smooth. I've predicted we will do well this season & if we don't I won't retract what I've said & pretend I didn't.

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

There is no hope with these scumbags. I couldnt care less now if they take us back to the premiership. They can rot in hell. They will NEVER get my support. The day they leave i can breathe fresh air again. Indian ****s

Completed the post for you.

40 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

Firstly I wasn't having a go as I'd already stated. I can't disappear at the first sign of struggle as I've already bought my ST ticket if i buy a can of coke I drink it. You are right I have been a part-timer because work comes first it's a priority it enables me to buy a season ticket & more importantly pay my mortgage keep a roof over my head. I just think it was hypocritical critising me thru lack of commitment when I've always done my best. I would have watched them more had work & time allowed. Where are the missing thousands??? & in no way I'm I implying you are 1. I won't criticise the 1s that don't go by that same token please don't criticise me & the 1s that do.

Don't personally see a problem with what you put mate. However what I will say is that, the 'stay aways' shouldn't all classed the same, in terms of not attending because we aren't in the top flight. Last time we came down proves that, we averaged near on 20,000 home gates, there was a drop but not massively.

Why was that? It was because. Despite relegation the club was still well run, still treated the fans with respect and still put 100% into achieving what could be achieved. I do believe that a lot of the 'stay aways' are staying away because of the state of the club.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Because you want to hale the Vs - go on admit it B)

I just don't care who owns the club, I care about the football. That's it..

Hail the venkys? I think the idiotic violent snowball attack did the trick. You wonder why they pulled the plug in terms of backing?

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Hail the venkys? I think the idiotic violent snowball did the trick. You wonder why they pulled the plug in terms of backing?

Because of a snowball? That's pathetic 

Hail the venkys? I think the idiotic violent snowball attack did the trick. You wonder why they pulled the plug in terms of backing?

Don't talk nonsense you Venky loving clown they deserved piles of turds throwing at them not one not even yellow snowball. Turning up in a cavalcade of Bentleys like a Royal family when they'd already put the club on life support.

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't talk nonsense you Venky loving clown they deserved piles of turds throwing at them not one not even yellow snowball. Turning up in a cavalcade of Bentleys like a Royal family when they'd already put the club on life support.

That's pathetic, and typical.

Why don't you join Abbeys forum? You sound just like him anyway. Sure you'd get along famously.

I've an idea who you are and your agenda, fair play quite clever that ;)

Archived