SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Then surely they wouldnt put it on twitter etc in the first place? We aren't all gullible.

Blimey are we still discussing this. Ive given my answers on this. If you want to know more than research it on twitter and asked the person who tweeted it. I aint going to do for you

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said before some people might not want their name publish on here. Have to respect that

How they know? Most of the time I dont asked them cos You judge their info they publish each time

Tbf Chaddy, they wouldn't have a public Twitter if they didn't want there name out in this board. 

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So this is an example of transfer discussion???

Mind numbing.

I agree it was mind numbing. ?

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Agree mate...it's just Chaddy lording it over people who don't use Twitter....superfan, super poster. 

It aint my problem if people dont use twitter is it? 

Superfan? Always used by you but not by me. I am Rovers fan. Nothing more

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Do you think he is that Saxoman character who creates trouble wherever he goes

Ha ha that's a blast from the past, not been on Roversmad for about 5 years. I think this one is even more pedantic than him though.

On the Lambert thing it just sounds like they are trying to get people interested in him.  Stokes to Hibs is maybe a loan.

35 minutes ago, tugay5 said:

The lambert signing worries me slightly. He must be on big money still ( guess  15-20k per week ) Can we really afford to spend that on a player who is 35 and cannot play upfront with graham ( surely they are too slow to play together )

personally I think we already have graham so don't need another experienced forward. I'd rather us go for someone young and hungry from the lower league on a lower salary with more to prove and more resale value. However I've been happy with mowbrays signings so far so will always back big Tony ! Surely the end of stokes tho if we get lambert 

Agree with the concerns but I think maybe they are looking for a target man for a no 10 to play off and who's head Whittingham can aim for so you never know it could be Graham out and Lambert in.

Still think it's just putting his name about on the back of Rovers though.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree with the concerns but I think maybe they are looking for a target man for a no 10 to play off and who's head Whittingham can aim for so you never know it could be Graham out and Lambert in.

I agree that we definitely don't need both Lambert and Graham, and out of the two I'd much rather have Graham. Lambert has only managed 7 league goals since leaving Southampton and although league one is obviously an easier level I would still much rather keep hold of Graham who if fully fit next season should score goals for fun in league one. He didn't look fully fit most games he played last season which was probably down to ping pong and donuts under Coyle and he still scored a few for us. I don't think Lambert will ask for too big of a wage considering the stage of his career he's at now but regardless of his wage demands I don't think he's the type of player we need next season, especially when we have someone similar and in my opinion based on their current ability, a better player in Graham.

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

I agree that we definitely don't need both Lambert and Graham, and out of the two I'd much rather have Graham. Lambert has only managed 7 league goals since leaving Southampton and although league one is obviously an easier level I would still much rather keep hold of Graham who if fully fit next season should score goals for fun in league one. He didn't look fully fit most games he played last season which was probably down to ping pong and donuts under Coyle and he still scored a few for us. I don't think Lambert will ask for too big of a wage considering the stage of his career he's at now but regardless of his wage demands I don't think he's the type of player we need next season, especially when we have someone similar and in my opinion based on their current ability, a better player in Graham.

Yes DG better all round player at this stage and I hope they keep him and he's up for it as someone like him having a good season can be difference between going up or not.  If they managed to off load Stokes maybe on loan then I suppose there's an outside possibility of getting Lambert in as well and maybe use him as a sub/back up for Graham.

That would show intent especially if they got a younger pacey striker on loan as well but to be honest I think i'd leave Lambert well alone given those stats. With Rovers under Venkys though another pattern remains whoever is boss and that seems to be follow up a couple of positive signings by a couple of strange ones, we always have to find a home for a waif and stray and a busted flush or two. Very odd.

Lambert this years Wes Brown ?

Guess it all depends on the deal Lambert is giving. 

Cardiff will probably have to pay his contract up before he come here..

3k a week plus bonuses on apprences and goals. Any only a 12 month deal aswell. Thats my suggestion..

We need a pacey striker in aswell

7 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

I just don't care who owns the club, I care about the football. That's it..

Hail the venkys? I think the idiotic violent snowball attack did the trick. You wonder why they pulled the plug in terms of backing?

You don't care who owns the club but your No 1 choice is they stay? :wacko:

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guess it all depends on the deal Lambert is giving. 

Cardiff will probably have to pay his contract up before he come here..

3k a week plus bonuses on apprences and goals. Any only a 12 month deal aswell. Thats my suggestion..

We need a pacey striker in aswell

Good idea but they don't usually do sensible stuff like that at Rovers but if he fits into the new pay scale and it's short term then fair enough.

Trouble is when signing any player there's no guarantee. Even when we've previously splashed big cash on up and coming young players it hasn't always worked out. It's  crystal ball time when trying to predict the future.

Just make sure that we're not locked into a long term crazy wages contract - and keep your fingers crossed!

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey are we still discussing this. Ive given my answers on this. If you want to know more than research it on twitter and asked the person who tweeted it. I aint going to do for you

I've been in Lytham St Annes all pissing day the last thing I want to see on the transfer thread is 'the theory of Twitter by Chaddy Rovers'!!!

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

I've been in Lytham St Annes all pissing day the last thing I want to see on the transfer thread is 'the theory of Twitter by Chaddy Rovers'!!!

Yeah I opted to imagine Stephen Hawking doing the London Marathon in real time instead.

Less painful, more accurate rumours. Worryingly, he finished before Rickie Lambert...

Lambert - proven goalscorer who can handle the physical Side. League 1 remember - expect a certain amount of "agricultural" football and last 30 minutes playing longball with Lambert and Graham could rescue a few points (in theory). A good "name" too that less knowledgable fans can recognize - depends on wages and attitude but could be a decent signing.

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

I agree with principle of having a big target man in this division. If you look at someone like Morrison who played upfront for millwall last year he was a real handful in league 1, I feel lambert could do a similar job for us but it's the wage issue that worries me. 10-15k a week would probably be worth 3-4 good players at league one. I suppose if it's a one year deal and he helps us get promotion then it's worth the gamble 

Lambert and Akinde in and Stokes out I think.

Those 2 with Graham gives us a strike force the rest of L1 will fear.

TM can rotate them in and during games to suit the game and conditions. They can form a strong base to get the total of 80 goals TM is looking for.

We were screwed on the deal when Stokes joined and will be again on his departure but sadly we have to pay to have the trash taken away.

I am concerned on Lambert recovery from a bad injury run last season but if he's available on favourable to Rovers terms should be ok. As long as no one claims he's also training to be a coach.

Now on to a fast wide player, full back cover and a PL loan of a young pacey striker. And earmark a CB just in case CM does a runner.

If we have sold 6000 season tickets, our wage bill to income ratio will be getting ever worse - some serious earners for what will be a miniscule amount of money coming in - Mulgrew, Whittingham, Graham, Evans, Conway, Stokes, Dack, Lambert (?)...

9 hours ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

I would like Lambert, as I've previously stated physicality rather than movement gets goals in lower league football. Wages would be a sticking point. Does he want to play on a reduced salary, or sit on the bench of a championship club?

Billy Sharpe says hi.

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If we have sold 6000 season tickets, our wage bill to income ratio will be getting ever worse - some serious earners for what will be a miniscule amount of money coming in - Mulgrew, Whittingham, Graham, Evans, Conway, Stokes, Dack, Lambert (?)...

SCMP works differently to FFP owners can pump into cash to get round etc

Archived