BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Think we need to stay calm and realise there is still 8 weeks left of the transfer window before it closes.

there is 4 and half weeks left before the season starts.

Yes we have made a good start to the window by making 4 permanent signings and all of them experience.

think we need another 4 players which I think we will make 2 permanent signings and 2 loans players.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think we need to stay calm and realise there is still 8 weeks left of the transfer window before it closes.

there is 4 and half weeks left before the season starts.

Yes we have made a good start to the window by making 4 permanent signings and all of them experience.

think we need another 4 players which I think we will make 2 permanent signings and 2 loans players.

What did you say last summer and the summer before that...... something similar.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sadly I don't know.

I focus on the now and future under Mowbray

You dont know what you said last summer and the summer before?? Somethng along the lines of Steele's a worldbeater and Coyle is taking us to the holy land of premier league with his many signings........

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You dont know what you said last summer and the summer before?? Somethng along the lines of Steele's a worldbeater and Coyle is taking us to the holy land of premier league with his many signings........

No I dont..sadly got better things to do than keep looking back. Cant change owt. Can learn from it but cant turn the clock back. 

Coyle? Awful manager. Said so at the time of the appointment. 

Never would I use the word worldbeater. 

But just keeping making stuff up as usual. 

I would love if one of the clubs we had bids in with was Sheffield Wednesday, for Lucas Joao. 

He wont get a game there and looked amazing in patches for us last year. Would be perfect with Dack in the number 10 role behind him.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I dont..sadly got better things to do than keep looking back. Cant change owt. Can learn from it but cant turn the clock back. 

Coyle? Awful manager. Said so at the time of the appointment. 

Never would I use the word worldbeater. 

But just keeping making stuff up as usual. 

Mystic Chaddy from way back in 2014. Should have put money on the next two rovers managers (although you didn't want either of them)

"a question to the people/fans who want Bowyer out. if Venkys appoint Coyle or Mowbray as his replacement, would you be happy then with that choice of manager? just a question.

I defo wouldnt. Coyle failed in his last two jobs. same with Mowbray."

39 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Mystic Chaddy from way back in 2014. Should have put money on the next two rovers managers (although you didn't want either of them)

"a question to the people/fans who want Bowyer out. if Venkys appoint Coyle or Mowbray as his replacement, would you be happy then with that choice of manager? just a question.

Classic chadster again... Bring back the chadometer 

In fairness if you would have asked me 3 years ago I would have rebuffed Mowbray as well , 3 more years of decline since then and Mowbray is about the best we could hope for

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I could have be rich. 

22 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Classic chadster again... Bring back the chadometer 

Back again.

Shame you got nothing better to do than personal digs but that classic you all over. 

4 minutes ago, AJW said:

In fairness if you would have asked me 3 years ago I would have rebuffed Mowbray as well , 3 more years of decline since then and Mowbray is about the best we could hope for

Mowbray is best we could have got..

Within all fairness he has been a breath of fresh air with his passion, desire and his openess..

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I could have be rich. 

Back again.

Shame you got nothing better to do than personal digs but that classic you all over. 

Mowbray is best we could have got..

Within all fairness he has been a breath of fresh air with his passion, desire and his openess..

So basically you just say what you want, when it suits you, depending on which way the wind is blowing?

No wonder people are constantly having a laugh at your expense.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15387518._Hopefully_this_is_the_lowest_the_club_gets____Tony_Mowbray_looks_to_reverse_Rovers__decline_as_he_targets_promotion_back_to_the_Championship/?ref=mac

'suggestions that Rovers are about to sign Cardiff City striker Rickie Lambert are understood to be wide of the mark'

Also quotes McMahon   "They (Bradford) wanted me here, they showed that from the start…and they wanted me more than others and that’s why I re-signed.”  

20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15387518._Hopefully_this_is_the_lowest_the_club_gets____Tony_Mowbray_looks_to_reverse_Rovers__decline_as_he_targets_promotion_back_to_the_Championship/?ref=mac

'suggestions that Rovers are about to sign Cardiff City striker Rickie Lambert are understood to be wide of the mark'

Also quotes McMahon   "They (Bradford) wanted me here, they showed that from the start…and they wanted me more than others and that’s why I re-signed.”  

Tbf I think on lambert he quoted as saying he wouldn't sign the player at a cost of another 3 players and for someone who may get 20 games mostly from the bench.

on McMahon well of course he'd say that he's hardly going to be negative when he's playing in front of 25k Bradford fans this season.

Whilst in itself the non-signing of McMahon isn't a great loss, and obviously there is always the possibility Mowbray either pulled the plug as he saw better value elsewhere, and/or the player genuinely decided to stay where he was.  It will be interesting to watch what happens over the next few days.  If the move genuinely was blocked, and as others have rightly pointed out Nicko has spouted @#/? many times before, it would go against everything we'd been led to expect and defies logic.  I know I know bear with me this is Venkys obviously.

However as I've said previously I have no belief in Venkys, I do have in Mowbray, I believe he must have been given enough assurance he'd have a specific budget, and control of that budget.  The moves so far seem to tie in with that.  The logic element is why spend £750k on one player and then refuse a 2 year deal for a player which would be for far less?

The only options I see are thus.  Option 1 - It's @#/? by Nicko and either the player changed his mind or Mowbray decided it wasn't worth the budget.  Option 2 - Mowbray still has the backing but they refused a package for a player of his age, 32 yeah?  Option 3 - They've backtracked already and Mowbray for me will almost certainly be off in my view.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Tbf I think on lambert he quoted as saying he wouldn't sign the player at a cost of another 3 players and for someone who may get 20 games mostly from the bench.

Who was quoted on Lambert?

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

on McMahon well of course he'd say that he's hardly going to be negative when he's playing in front of 25k Bradford fans this season.

Not really the point, the point is how accurate Nixon's tittle-tattle was on this one. McMahon saying Bradford wanted him could be code for Bradford offering more money. This doesn't necessarily mean we backed out of a deal for financial reasons. It could just mean that we didn't really want him. Caddis is 2 years younger and possibly better ( I wouldn't know)

Regarding McMahon hopefully it's just the transfer game playing.. But with the venksters unfortunately we all know the score especially as the season ticket early bird as now expired 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who was quoted on Lambert?

Not really the point, the point is how accurate Nixon's tittle-tattle was on this one. McMahon saying Bradford wanted him could be code for Bradford offering more money. This doesn't necessarily mean we backed out of a deal for financial reasons. It could just mean that we didn't really want him. Caddis is 2 years younger and possibly better ( I wouldn't know)

McMahon could have also been told that he wouldn't be first choice.If they are offering Nyambe a new contract then Mowbray must rate him

1 hour ago, Batman. said:

So basically you just say what you want, when it suits you, depending on which way the wind is blowing?

No wonder people are constantly having a laugh at your expense.

Tbh Batman(and your gang of keyboard warriors) think what you want and laugh away as long as it make you all have a better day cos I couldnt give a monkey in all honest. 

Opinions changes over time when people are given a chance to impress you. 

I wasnt impress by Mowbray's appointment but won me over by the end of the season due to a number of reasons. Passion, straight talking, organising the team and having a plan A and B, keeping clean sheets. His summer recruitment has been good and signing players to fit within a style of play and tactics that he wants to play

Archived