BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very true. No outstanding teams apart from us and Wigan but thats counts for little in the league. Only got to look at Fleetwood achievements last season was pretty much the same squad as season before under Pressley

Well unless they get a chance to play how are they ever going to prove they are good enough at this level?

Common sense chaddy or every team would flood there first team in this way wouldn't they.

You ease youngsters in gradually from both a confidence and match point of view. You don't blood a quantity of 5 in and then already have Nyambe and Wharton with less than 40 games between them as your main back up.

Youve heard of men against boys. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

It's not overconfidence, it's trusting these young lads to play a part in a league 1 squad. Our best starting 11 eclipses any other in this league. add a couple more and why not look forward to a successful season!! 

Based. On. What.??? 

It's blind trust. Look at the evidence. 

I could say I trust that Huddersfield will win the league next year and that Manure will get relegated. But realistically there's not much evidence to back it up. Likewise I'm asking for, and suggesting there is little, evidence that suggests the U23s will step up.  

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very true. No outstanding teams apart from us and Wigan but thats counts for little in the league. Only got to look at Fleetwood achievements last season was pretty much the same squad as season before under Pressley

Well unless they get a chance to play how are they ever going to prove they are good enough at this level?

I will mention that to TM when asking for a contract and a place in the first team squad. You wouldn't use the logic of they need the chance to prove whether they can or can't  in any other aspect of life. E.g. I don't know if that random person can look after kids, let's give him the chance and see... 

Great first point by the way, shame about the second. 

• Backroom

Another new poster with a relentlessly positive spin. Hm. Legit, I'm sure.

Anyway, if it's true that the Venky light is back to red then we may struggle to recruit any more until more money is freed up through wages/transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Common sense chaddy or every team would flood there first team in this way wouldn't they.

You ease youngsters in gradually from both a confidence and match point of view. You don't blood a quantity of 5 in and then already have Nyambe and Wharton with less than 40 games between them as your main back up.

Youve heard of men against boys. 

Pretty toxic atmosphere for youth at the club currently I would say. Look at Nyambe case and point. Did decent last season yet some of the pundits in the ditch on here absolutely slating him. Ya, lets gradually introduce them and build their confidence :rolleyes:

If players are good enough , they are old enough. Hopefully Mowbray finds some , puts them in and fans give them their full support and encouragement. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pretty toxic atmosphere for youth at the club currently I would say. Look at Nyambe case and point. Did decent last season yet some of the pundits in the ditch on here absolutely slating him. Ya, lets gradually introduce them and build their confidence :rolleyes:

If players are good enough , they are old enough. Hopefully Mowbray finds some , puts them in and fans give them their full support and encouragement. 

Nyambe wasn't decent, bar his pace I fail to see what he offers. Admittedly the gulf in quality at this level may give him a better platform to succeed but I thought he looked poor last year. Pre requisites for any fullback are to cross, position themselves correctly, cross and head a ball. He's got pace and needs to learn how to exploit that I.e over an overlap run but doesn't seem the most intelligent of players to realise hence he ponders and gets caught out at RB.

20 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

It's not overconfidence, it's trusting these young lads to play a part in a league 1 squad. Our best starting 11 eclipses any other in this league. add a couple more and why not look forward to a successful season!! 

Don't mind the "seasoned posters" here Chris. Positivety or attempts at it lead to accusations of one being, in no particular order; a dingle, a mole, Paul Senior, Paul Seniors wife, Owen Coyles son, a WUM, A Venkys stooge etc. 

It is good to have some balanced views here outside of the stock and trade negativity. Stay strong brother! 

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The latter is a given, but it would be irresponsible of Mowbray to introduce players to the first team if they aren't ready.

Fans only slate players who aren't good enough and if that's the case, they shouldn't be in the team.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nyambe wasn't decent, bar his pace I fail to see what he offers. Admittedly the gulf in quality at this level may give him a better platform to succeed but I thought he looked poor last year. Pre requisites for any fullback are to cross, position themselves correctly, cross and head a ball. He's got pace and needs to learn how to exploit that I.e over an overlap run but doesn't seem the most intelligent of players to realise hence he ponders and gets caught out at RB.

Case and point. The guy is 19 and you are expecting him to be Dani Alves :) 

• Moderation Lead

Don't mind the "seasoned posters" here Chris. Positivety or attempts at it lead to accusations of one being, in no particular order; a dingle, a mole, Paul Senior, Paul Seniors wife, Owen Coyles son, a WUM, A Venkys stooge etc. 

It is good to have some balanced views here outside of the stock and trade negativity. Stay strong brother! 

Positivity is fine, borderline delusion will always be met with suspicion.

Realism is often attributed as negativity for whatever reason. As someone who is perhaps viewed as a more negative poster (presumably), I'd love nothing more than us to win the league at a canter, scoring loads of goals and smashing teams to bits, but there's a long way to go before the squad is the finished article and counting untested youngsters as first teamers is a risk, it simply can't be denied.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Case and point. The guy is 19 and you are expecting him to be Dani Alves :) 

Not at all they are basic concepts what you learn in junior league.

if anything it only proves why relying on youth is not a sustainable option or without its risks.

No objection to different views that are justified. Just trust the lads and we'll fly up the league is hardly well reasoned thought out opinions is it. 

I may as well say the cup treble is on, if evidence and circumstances have no relevance. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

The latter is a given, but it would be irresponsible of Mowbray to introduce players to the first team if they aren't ready.

Fans only slate players who aren't good enough and if that's the case, they shouldn't be in the team.

You cant expect all youth players to be good enough straight away! Do you think slating youth players because "they aren't good enough" is going to help?

I bet Nyambe will be considerably improved this year after his experience gained last season. 

You cant expect all youth players to be good enough straight away! Do you think slating youth players because "they aren't good enough" is going to help?

I bet Nyambe will be considerably improved this year after his experience gained last season. 

I'm not sure playing youth players who aren't good enough helps much either! 

• Moderation Lead

I don't expect that, but I'd expect them to be good enough when they are introduced to the first team! I've slated nobody by the way....

It's this slap dash recruitment process that has been a big part of our undoing. We need experience, particularly at this level. It's a man's game down here!!

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Not at all they are basic concepts what you learn in junior league.

if anything it only proves why relying on youth is not a sustainable option or without its risks.

You shouldn't rely on them, but you should also give them time to adapt to playing with men basically. 

Have you played sports? I played football and gaelic football. The step up from under 18 to playing with men at senior is a huge challenge for all but a handful of "unicorns" like ,for example, Wayne Rooney or in recent memory Mbappe. Most take time to get up to pace. 

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don't expect that, but I'd expect them to be good enough when they are introduced to the first team! I've slated nobody by the way....

It's this slap dash recruitment process that has been a big part of our undoing. We need experience, particularly at this level. It's a man's game down here!!

I would agree that we need more men, thats why I think Lambert would be a great addition.

If we want to build next season though, we need to have some youth who are growing with the team year on year. Look at Lenihan. 

The derision aimed at Nyambe on these boards is totally uncalled for. He's better than Henley was and certainly better than Lowe in that position. He was thrust into a squad that was incredibly weak defensively and didn't have two solid centre halves that he played next too week in week out. Ironically, he was placed under the exact circumstances you are arguing is wrong to put someone under and then chastising him for it.

This drop in level may benefit him. Add in the defensive nous of TM and, hopefully, a reformed defensive line and we may see a youngster playing with more confidence.

We've sent a lot of our youth on loan to this league before and can expect a few of them to pick up games; certainly the checkatrade trophy and Carabao cup (how silly do they sound these days) should be places were these kids get a chance.

Rovers should walk this league if we can keep hold of the players we have got at the moment. It's a very poor league and the standard is poor. Get use to having sore necks next season because the ball is mostly going to be up in the air.

Nyambe was (is) young and was out of his depth last season.  In my view he will be better placed this year.  Two or Three reasons for that.

1. League 1 standard will give him a better platform to continue learning his trade

2. He now has that much more experience.

3. Most importantly, we now have a midfield that was totally lacking last season thanks to Coyle and Venky's and Mowbray had what he had with no transfer window to work.

I really hope the boy comes through, he will get better and as others have said his pace is outstanding.

13 minutes ago, gazsimm said:

Rovers should walk this league if we can keep hold of the players we have got at the moment. It's a very poor league and the standard is poor. Get use to having sore necks next season because the ball is mostly going to be up in the air.

Which is not how our younger players have been developed in Cat 1 academy & development squads.

They should have been loaned to get this experience at someones elses points expense.

Now we will likely have to use them to fill in the first team team squad when injuries take their toll.

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Got to strike a balance though if we want a promotion push. Can't be relying on too many in the squad at once just to make up numbers, yes last seasons experience will have done Nyambe good & Raya & Lenihen & Mahoney BUT the team went down so overall it didn't do the club any good at all.

Do we want promotion or just a team treading water and blooding young players to sell ?

Team prosperity before individuals for me please !

Just now, david brent said:

Mahoney gone to Bournemouth. Compo yet to be agreed.

Won't be much we paid 30k for him from Accy three years ago and since then has been a peripheral figure in the team. England U-19 but not U-21 if I'm not mistaken? So we've not allot of "Training" costs due.

Archived