BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 hours ago, gazsimm said:

Rovers should walk this league if we can keep hold of the players we have got at the moment. It's a very poor league and the standard is poor. Get use to having sore necks next season because the ball is mostly going to be up in the air.

We said the same when we were relegated to the championship..what happened?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Worrying that the LET article talks publicly about us having a valuation. Now there's no issue with that, but no doubt that will be hit just as the window is about to slam shut in true Venkys style. We need to keep him at all costs though IMO if we're serious about getting out of the league (up, not down that is).

Clubs don't bid either unless they have had the green light from the player/agent.

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

What happens if Graham's hip goes again on Charlie crocks his hammy again?

Something like 'There were 5 (left) on the Bench and a youngster said move over, move over. So they all moved over and one got Subbed so there were 4 on the Bench and a youngster said ......" you all know how it goes.

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

hmmm did we? We had Steve kean in charge then I don't think I would off. Anyway League 1 is completely different to the championship. 

25 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sky Sports understand the bids were £400k and £500k for Lenihan. 

Jog on!!! That's insulting.

Great, keep the ridiculous offers coming! 

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

No we didn't. Not with Coco(ck) in charge 

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Something like 'There were 5 (left) on the Bench and a youngster said move over, move over. So they all moved over and one got Subbed so there were 4 on the Bench and a youngster said ......" you all know how it goes.

Not to mention even the good players have form blips or struggle with a large run of games particularly as you age. You used to want two players in every position. To be number one you've to train like your number two. Without competition people become lax, it's human nature.

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Nyambe wasn't decent, bar his pace I fail to see what he offers. Admittedly the gulf in quality at this level may give him a better platform to succeed but I thought he looked poor last year. Pre requisites for any fullback are to cross, position themselves correctly, cross and head a ball. He's got pace and needs to learn how to exploit that I.e over an overlap run but doesn't seem the most intelligent of players to realise hence he ponders and gets caught out at RB.

How many times did you see him play? Mot many by the sounds of it.

Just now, RV Blue said:

How many times did you see him play? Mot many by the sounds of it.

Considering at least two or three other posters have suggested the same maybe it's time you considered that he might not be the player you yourself watch so candidly 

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Not to mention even the good players have form blips or struggle with a large run of games particularly as you age. You used to want two players in every position. To be number one you've to train like your number two. Without competition people become lax, it's human nature.

I forget who but a few weeks ago I read a L1 experienced manager saying that in L1 you could 'make do' with a squad of 24 but no less. 

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Considering at least two or three other posters have suggested the same maybe it's time you considered that he might not be the player you yourself watch so candidly 

So I was right? Not many.

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

So I was right? Not many.

I caught five games live at the ground and possibly 7-8 games live tv enough to decide of what I saw to say he's pish. Sometimes you can watch a player every week and become blinded (Rovers tinted glasses) but thanks for the articulated and well thought assumption .

Nixon suggesting striker should have come last week might happen this week chaddy asking if it's Ryan Seager from Southampton.

Sheff Utd views on Lenihan https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/darragh-lenihan.56213/page-2

image.png

"Due to sign one last week. Still waiting."

The way he replies to people cryptically is tactical I reckon. If you have information Nicko spit it out. I bet he is basing that tweet soely off Mowbray saying we were going to sign more players. No substance at all, just implying dark arts or something dodgy with his replies. 

10 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I caught five games live at the ground and possibly 7-8 games live tv enough to decide of what I saw to say he's pish. Sometimes you can watch a player every week and become blinded (Rovers tinted glasses) but thanks for the articulated and well thought assumption .

Nixon suggesting striker should have come last week might happen this week chaddy asking if it's Ryan Seager from Southampton.

Sheff Utd views on Lenihan https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/darragh-lenihan.56213/page-2

image.png

Have you hacked the Venky live stream? We weren't on TV 7-8 times in the whole of last season nevermind when Nyambe was playing. He's young and inconsistent but improved massively over the course of the season.

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Have you hacked the Venky live stream? We weren't on TV 7-8 times in the whole of last season nevermind when Nyambe was playing. He's young and inconsistent but improved massively over the course of the season.

No but you do realise certain games not shown in the UK are able to be streamed through bet365 accounts and from Norwegian channels don't you?

must have missed his improvement 

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

No but you do realise certain games not shown in the UK are able to be streamed through bet365 accounts and from Norwegian channels don't you?

must have missed his improvement 

There was one away game (Bristol City I think) that I was able to watch illegally last season and Nyambe wasn't playing then, so Bet365 must only show home games? Yes you did miss it because you didn't watch him play ?.

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

There was one away game (Bristol City I think) that I was able to watch illegally last season and Nyambe wasn't playing then, so Bet365 must only show home games? Yes you did miss it because you didn't watch him play ?.

Wigan vs Rovers

Bristol vs Rovers

Blackburn vs Wolves

PNE vs Rovers

Rovers vs Newcastle

Rovers vs Man Utd

Rovers vs Wigan

Rovers vs Villa

Brentford vs Rovers

all available to watch last season.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

So far:

Rovers vs Fleetwood

Rovers vs Rotherham 

Are available to stream next season without iFollow.

I think my man has found an app to use via android to stream next year. Il DM you the details when he's sorted it for me. Burnley fan an all lol

Common sense chaddy or every team would flood there first team in this way wouldn't they.

You ease youngsters in gradually from both a confidence and match point of view. You don't blood a quantity of 5 in and then already have Nyambe and Wharton with less than 40 games between them as your main back up.

Youve heard of men against boys. 

where did I say flood the team with them all at the same time? cos I didn't. I said they could back up the first team up

Nyambe wasn't decent, bar his pace I fail to see what he offers. Admittedly the gulf in quality at this level may give him a better platform to succeed but I thought he looked poor last year. Pre requisites for any fullback are to cross, position themselves correctly, cross and head a ball. He's got pace and needs to learn how to exploit that I.e over an overlap run but doesn't seem the most intelligent of players to realise hence he ponders and gets caught out at RB.

Nyambe was decent and improved game by game. plus Under Mowbray his attacking play improved. Only going to improved by playing. much better than Henley and Lowe who played at right back last season. I watched most of his games last season whether it was live in the stadium or on the Rovers player

2 hours ago, david brent said:

Mahoney gone to Bournemouth. Compo yet to be agreed.

another massive mistake by him but its his choice and now it down to him to prove himself. good luck Connor

2 hours ago, Speedie Dived said:

Think you could be in for a shock. It's by no means easy.

Teams will defend deep against us at home, we will struggle to break them down and then people who expect us to walk the league will start moaning.

Yes Teams will defend deep but its down to us to break them down and signing players like Whittingham and Dack will only help into doing this

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

4 of those will get sold and 2 more incoming only.

As I have said all along.... 16 out and 6 in.

so far we have 12 out and 4 in

The kids you mention will all be involved this season.

so you keep saying but according to Mowbray he wants another 4 players in.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I thought Forest under Warbs and his ability to nurture was probably the best option. Wish the lad well though. 

I thought Barnsley would have been the right place. Heckingbottom is developing players there and doing a good job there

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sheff Utd have had a couple of bids turned down for Lenihan according to Pete O'Rourke from Sky Sports. 

A player must Mowbray must keep at the club. their bids are pathetic and he is worth much more

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

593a527766c5e_venkylight.png.01d3e06ef010241925ac5220280146dc.png

The Venky light (sponsored by WEC) has gone back to RED.

Cashflow drive to sell season tickets using fan euphoria at 4 signings is now over. Normal business is resumed.

Next will be the player sales, the staff redundancies and the other cuts as recommended by Deloitte & KPMG

To be honest, You said we wouldn't make the signings we had and none would be made in June. we signed 4. You also said that Elton John Concert wouldn't happened but it did.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

BOLTON SQUAD This year, look at the numbers, look at the ages. No youth back up and around 26. I've omitted Chris Taylor and Jamie proctor as they only played half a season and ended up loaned out at the end. Under an embargo too where they even have to release a player before signing one. Comparing us with them is utter nonsense 

No. Name Pos. Nationality Place of birth Age Apps Goals Signed from Date signed Fee End
Goalkeepers
13 Ben Alnwick GK England Prudhoe 30 26 0 Peterborough United 31 August 2016 Free 2018
33 Mark Howard GK England Southwark 30 29 0 Sheffield United 13 July 2016 Free 2018
Defenders
2 Lewis Buxton RB England Newport 33 11 0 Rotherham United 5 August 2016 Free 2017
3 Dean Moxey LB England Exeter 31 82 2 Crystal Palace 2 July 2014 Free 2017
4 Dorian Dervite CB France Lille 28 83 1 Charlton Athletic 27 May 2014 Free 2017
5 Mark Beevers CB England Barnsley 27 51 7 Millwall 3 July 2016 Free 2018
15 Derik Osede CB Spain Madrid 24 51 0 Real Madrid 6 July 2015 Free 2018
20 Andrew Taylor LB England Hartlepool 30 40 0 Wigan Athletic 10 August 2016 Loan 2017
23 Lawrie Wilson RB England Collier Row 29 39 2 Charlton Athletic 5 August 2015 Free 2017
25 Reece Wabara RB England Bromsgrove 25 1 0 Free Agent 15 February 2017 Free 2017
31 David Wheater CB England Redcar 30 167 15 Middlesbrough 20 January 2011 Undisclosed 2017
Midfielders
6 Josh Vela CM England Salford 23 132 12 Academy 20 March 2011 Trainee 2019
8 Jay Spearing DM England Wallasey 28 173 10 Liverpool 9 August 2013 Undisclosed 2017
10 Jem Karacan CM Turkey Catford 28 5 1 Free Agent 11 March 2017 Free 2017
11 Viv Solomon-Otabor LW England London 21 4 0 Birmingham City 31 January 2017 Loan 2017
16 Mark Davies CM England Willenhall 29 208 16 Wolverhampton Wanderers 26 January 2009 Undisclosed 2017
17 Liam Trotter CM England Ipswich 28 74 6 Millwall 1 July 2014 Free 2017
21 Darren Pratley CM England Barking 32 168 15 Swansea City 1 July 2011 Free 2018
22 Filipe Morais RW Portugal Benavente 31 19 2 Bradford City 2 February 2017 Free 2017
24 James Henry RW England Reading 27 35 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 31 August 2016 Loan 2017
32 Tom Thorpe CM England Manchester 24 25 1 Rotherham United 31 August 2016 Loan 2017
Forwards
12 Chris Long CF England Huyton 22 10 1 Burnley 31 January 2017 Loan 2017
14 Gary Madine CF England Gateshead 26 78 16 Sheffield Wednesday 8 June 2015 Free 2017
19 Max Clayton CF England Crewe 22 30 2 Crewe Alexandra 18 September 2014 £300,000 2017
35 Conor Wilkinson CF Republic of Ireland Croydon 22 16 0 Millwall 2 July 2013 Undisclosed 2018
45 Adam Le Fondre CF England Stockport 30 36 14 Cardiff City 31 January 2017 Loan 2017

6 of those players were signed on the last day of the transfer window or after the transfer window closes due to being out of contract. did they have other loan players at the club in the 1st part of the season?

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Osede at RB, or Vela

mark Davies, jay spearing, James Henry the right winger, karacan. Trotter and pratley possibly. Lad next to me says morais 15 assists this year in less than a full season.

le fondre up top

dont forget they loaned Ben Amos to Cardiff 

cant expect to play same 11 a week in a trophy, 2x cup comps, 46 league games, I'd say at least four of them we'd have.

Trotter, Pratley, Spearing better than Whittingham, Smallwood and Evans? no chance.

Henry is decent.

32 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

What happens if Graham's hip goes again on Charlie crocks his hammy again?

There is 5 weeks to the start of the season so can we calm down and just let Mowbray get on with the recruitment job. Some fans are panicking far too much.

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

image.png

Ryan Seager link came from a Rovers fan based in Southampton I think saying Southampton were looking to loan him to us.

On the striker who were meant to come in, it might not happened for many reasons But does Nixon really have the inside knowledge of Rovers targets this summer, out of 4 players we signed so far did he know about and break the story? Think it zero

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Wigan vs Rovers

Bristol vs Rovers

Blackburn vs Wolves

PNE vs Rovers

Rovers vs Newcastle

Rovers vs Man Utd

Rovers vs Wigan

Rovers vs Villa

Brentford vs Rovers

all available to watch last season.

Newcastle twice was on TV, 

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

So far:

Rovers vs Fleetwood

Rovers vs Rotherham 

Are available to stream next season without iFollow.

Rovers vs Fleetwood is live on Sky Sports

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I think my man has found an app to use via android to stream next year. Il DM you the details when he's sorted it for me. Burnley fan an all lol

I will be at those games so wont be needing these streams of games.

• Backroom

Re: the 'youth' players at the club, I'll try and justify my faith in them.

Raya: Improved massively since his initial run in the team under Bowyer. 1st choice keeper for me.

Lenihan: Thought he did well last season WHEN placed alongside Mulgrew. With others, he showed himself to be the midfielder out of position. Very physical player, however, and feel he deserves to be given the chance to keep his starting spot even w/o Mulgrew after the drop in standard.

Wharton: Impressed me when trialled in the team by Coyle. Imo, definitely a bench option, possibly introduce to 1st team via cup games or just as the season progresses.

Nyambe: FAST. But needs to learn how to properly position himself at rb (good at tackling tbf, just needs to get in the right position). Again, drop in standard may help him, although I'd feel more comfortable if he was on the right wing with Bennett behind him at rb. 1st team (for now), minimum bench option.

Doyle: Potential bench option behind Williams. Been impressed with his U23 appearances, but unsure if ready to fully step up yet.

Tomlinson: Bench, potential 1st team in L1. Dominated the last time I saw him play (think it was pre-season) and surprised he hasn't been reintroduced.

Rankin-Constello: Potential, but unsure if ready to step up yet.

Mansell: Potential, but unsure if ready to step up yet.

I've bolded the players I'd have no qualms seeing start, italic-ed the ones who I wouldn't mind as bench options. The others, I either don't know enough about or don't feel they can step up yet.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers vs Fleetwood is live on Sky Sports

I will be at those games so wont be needing these streams of games.

I know you've said plenty of times. Given I'm working away allot and don't see this changing il need something for mid week games whilst I don't mind the hassle of 2 hrs lads beer making a mess of my place on a Saturday watching it on the telly as opposed to losing half my day at ewoodEwood

Archived