BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

You don't think he would do a job in league 1? I understand it wouldn't be long term and we may need to look at someone else in the Championship but for 12 months? 

Hahahaha class

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Butty said:

Hahahaha class

There's only you finding this funny... Bigdoggsteel is thinking on my wave length, experience. Imagine Joe Hart and John Terry in this league. Playoffs gaurenteed. 

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ronaldo would have no UK tax problem on a Rovers minimum wage contract. Could be the deal maker.

We'd end up with Brazilian Ronaldo after Suhail and Balaji dusted of championship manager 05

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

There's only you finding this funny... Bigdoggsteel is thinking on my wave length, experience. Imagine Joe Hart and John Terry in this league. Playoffs gaurenteed. 

Knowing The Raos as we do, we would end up with Tony Hart in goal and Terry Nutkins at centre half.

3 hours ago, sjsbrfc said:

Nixon currently on Radio Lancs telling Preston to sign Mulgrew and Lenihan

Proving what chunt he really is I've said before any talk of him or his made up nonsense should be banned off here. He's banned half of Blackburn off twitter for no other reason than they've not been happy with his wee gems helping wreck our club.

The man is and always has been a tantric stooge.

Time his name was blackballed on here for good !

So poor old Connor kicked up a fuss cos he wasn't playing, got the chance at Rovers (and Forest) and says 'no thanks' and trots off to play for Bournemouth U23's in front of 84 people each week instead.  He's not in it for the money is he? Surely not.

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

So poor old Connor kicked up a fuss cos he wasn't playing, got the chance at Rovers (and Forest) and says 'no thanks' and trots off to play for Bournemouth U23's in front of 84 people each week instead.  He's not in it for the money is he? Surely not.

If I had the choice between two basket case clubs or a stable PL club on a much higher wage after playing 20 first team games in the Championship I know what I'd go for. Football's a fairly short career. If he has confidence is his abilities he'll think he can force his way into the Bournemouth first team. You could argue he's showing ambition by trying to take the largest step up, irrespective of wage.

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

84 people? Lol they almost sell out every single week. Basically at capacity. We are at probably 20% this season coming

51 minutes ago, DE. said:

If I had the choice between two basket case clubs or a stable PL club on a much higher wage after playing 20 first team games in the Championship I know what I'd go for. Football's a fairly short career. If he has confidence is his abilities he'll think he can force his way into the Bournemouth first team. You could argue he's showing ambition by trying to take the largest step up, irrespective of wage.

The point is he threw his toys out of the pram at Ewood because he wasn't playing. He gets the chance to play and goes to Bournemouth U23's instead. If he wasn't arsed about first team football it doesn't matter if he's at 'basket club' or not, and he certainly isn't better than Rovers or Forest. As a fellow Rovers fan your post disappoints me, regardless of who our owners are.

I'm looking forward to his dad re-appearing and slagging off the club for not giving Connor 1st team football.

In the case of Mahoney there wasn't much point signing for Bournemouth then going out on loan to Champ or lge 1 he might as well have stayed at Rovers or gone to Forest. He's obviously happy to take a chance and bide a bit of time in their U23's hoping to get a chance.

5 to 10 grand a week will help lubricate that no doubt !

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In the case of Mahoney there wasn't much point signing for Bournemouth then going out on loan to Champ or lge 1 he might as well have stayed at Rovers or gone to Forest. He's obviously happy to take a chance and bide a bit of time in their U23's hoping to get a chance.

5 to 10 grand a week will help lubricate that no doubt !

Guaranteed money, potentially loaned out but under the watchful eye of one of England's most talented young managers who may break him into Premier League football. Winner.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The point is he threw his toys out of the pram at Ewood because he wasn't playing. He gets the chance to play and goes to Bournemouth U23's instead. If he wasn't arsed about first team football it doesn't matter if he's at 'basket club' or not, and he certainly isn't better than Rovers or Forest. As a fellow Rovers fan your post disappoints me, regardless of who are owners are.

I'm looking forward to his dad re-appearing and slagging off the club for not giving Connor 1st team football.

I could be irrational and post out of bitterness as well, but what would it achieve? He was only given his chance to play here once there was practically nobody else left, and even then he was on the bench most of the time. 16 league appearances in the last two years, and then he should be grateful because we guarantee him game time once we've been relegated to League 1 and clubs in higher divisions want him to sign?

Mahoney might be a Rovers fan, but football is his career. He has to think about his next move logically. Being at a club like ours, or Forest, could hinder his career whether you want to acknowledge that or not. Playing in a poor team can drag the reputation of every squad player down. Perhaps we do well this year, but even if we do it's still League 1. Quite frankly the standard in the U23 league is probably better. Maybe in this time six months Mowbray is gone and he's playing under some has-been or never has-been, a tag that can accurately describe almost every manager we've had in the last seven years. 

As a Rovers fan I obviously would have wanted him to stay. That goes without saying - but I can understand his reasoning and it's impossible for me to feel any ill will towards him considering the state the club is in. The lad is looking out for his future and as long as this club is under the control of Venky's we don't have one. 

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

84 people? Lol they almost sell out every single week. Basically at capacity. We are at probably 20% this season coming

If Bournemouth under 23s are almost selling out every week, then that's either phenomenally impressive, or they are playing at the local leisure centre.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

He's a cracking player Hanley. He'd be a great Shawcross understudy for Stoke. Probably if he full fills the potential the best centre half behind Ryan Nelsen I've seen supporting Rovers.

Hanley better than Samba, Givet, Hendry, Berg, Short? Really?

He went to Newcastle and sat on their bench for most of the season. What a waste. 

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Heard Nixon on Venkys near the end. 

What did Nixon say?

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Not sure what authority he even has. Usually the shadow direct suhail Pasha carries a message from India to Cheston. 

Mowbray been to India. 1st one since Bowyer 2nd season in charge. 

Mowbray says he is in charge. 

Is Pasha even here? Or have him and Senior been blamed for relegation?

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

We all know what's coming, deep down. Some will try to convince themselves that things are going to be different this summer, but even those people know by now how it goes.

Lenihan is the saleable asset. 23 years old, played every game last season, should have been POTY, still has 2 years left on his deal. All that rolled together means one thing. And as expected the rumours begin.

What Mowbray wants is irrelevant. Coyle wanted Hanley and Duffy to stay. 

This summer has be different so far. Mowbray been to India to meet the owners, 4 players signed including 2 cash buys. 

Lenihan should have beem POTY. 

Hanley and Duffy wanted out of Ewood as soon as Coyle in..

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:31, Dunnfc said:

He didn't do well he might have stood out in a rovers team but technically he's very very basic and hasn't kicked on. I asked you to name me some championship sides he'd start in, I'm waiting.

Sheff Utd.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15389060.Blackburn_Rovers_reject_two_bids_from_Sheffield_United_for_defender_Darragh_Lenihan/?ref=mac

The 23-year-old has been attracting Championship interest throughout the summer, with newcomers Sheffield United the first to show their hand.

...with more to come.

Hope this helps. You can stop waiting now, Princess:)

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Guaranteed money, potentially loaned out but under the watchful eye of one of England's most talented young managers who may break him into Premier League football. Winner.

Yep at his age and stage of career he can hang around their U23s for a bit and hope to get a chance and if not a loan next season or something.

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Perhaps we do well this year, but even if we do it's still League 1. Quite frankly the standard in the U23 league is probably better. 

It's probably not. Our own u-23 team play in Premier League Division 2. They finished 1 spot and 1 point away from the playoffs by the way. I don't know where Bournemouth's u-23s are, but they're not in Division 1, and aren't in Division 2 either unless they just got promoted. So it seems the standard there is a lower standard than...our own u-23s. Equal at best. And if that is a standard higher than League One, then we really will 'walk the league'.

2 hours ago, Speedie Dived said:

Forgetting quality, we don't have the bodies yet.

We probably have the best first 11 and the worst squad as it stands.

Worst squad?? you really need to think before you post! We have a squad capable of promotion atm and with a few more additions Champions. 

Archived