BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A player must Mowbray must keep at the club. their bids are pathetic and he is worth much more

On the striker who were meant to come in, it might not happened for many reasons But does Nixon really have the inside knowledge of Rovers targets this summer, out of 4 players we signed so far did he know about and break the story? Think it zero

What rumours have you heard about the value of the Lenihan bids? Got a figure?

I'm just curious, why are you asking Nicko to confirm the Southampton lad if you don't trust Nicko's info?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm just curious, why are you asking Nicko to confirm the Southampton lad if you don't trust Nicko's info?

Chaddy has already said what he says on Twitter does not accurately represent what he posts on here. Its a strange one that we have all put down to some sort of alter ego somewhere in-between Ali G/Sasha Baron Cohen and Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

400k and 500k was posted by someone one here.

Simple question for nicko to answer. his response was he's young

Rovers after Exeter City winger David Wheeler

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-bradford-blackburn-among-host-of-clubs-tracking-exeter-star

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

was at both games and somehow we kept a clean sheet in both games under Coyle. amazing that

Scoring wasn't so much an issue under coyle dare I say it much easier than it has been for TM. Clean sheets allow you to build from the back, depends how you go about it 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, OJRovers said:

I don't remember many (if any) 'walk the league' comments from 2012. I think most people accepted that under Kean and with outside influences on team selection we were never going to be successful.

I'm sure I remember plenty of "we'll walk the league even with Kean in charge". I didn't agree at the time but the sentiment did exist then, much as it does now. 

I do think the notion picked up more speed after we'd won a few games though. I can remember arguing with people about it. Pre season is just a blur.

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

"Due to sign one last week. Still waiting."

The way he replies to people cryptically is tactical I reckon. If you have information Nicko spit it out. I bet he is basing that tweet soely off Mowbray saying we were going to sign more players. No substance at all, just implying dark arts or something dodgy with his replies. 

All he does is cryptic rubbish, so when a deal comes off he can apply the cryptic clues and make them fit so he can take credit or when it doesn't happen he just blames Venky's (easy and 100% believable) and no one can say anything because they don't who he was alluding to in the first place.

The guy has been out of the loop for a long time, possibly got back in briefly when his mate Coyle rocked up.

Agent/agenda driven bullplop is all he's here for now.

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm sure I remember plenty of "we'll walk the league even with Kean in charge". I didn't agree at the time but the sentiment did exist then, much as it does now. 

I do think the notion picked up more speed after we'd won a few games though. I can remember arguing with people about it. Pre season is just a blur.

Nobody in their right mind thought we could forget what Kean did/was involved in and get fully behind him and as a result the team. We were never going up while he was there and I think a high percentage of people knew that. 

A missed opportunity because under a Warnock or McCarthy we would have went up, not walked it, but we would have been promoted. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Primed by who? 

Clubs mouthpiece the LT reporter, just after earlybird deadline. Nice of the Blades not to bid until then, how polite :lol:

We know how this will end if they get a bid near what they've recently spent on Dack.......... Tick tock.

Why are we being linked with David bloody Wheeler? He's a 26 year old winger and his biggest team has been Exeter. Prior to that he played for Staines.........

Seager had a horrific injury last year at Crewe if I remember rightly. Seems about right we pick up an injured Saints player, get him back on his feet to secure a contract back there. If he does some of what Sam Gallacher did here for us then I'll pick him up myself. What a shame it is that we have become THAT club.

Speaking of Southampton what I'd do for ownership like theirs. Come get us, please.

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Clubs mouthpiece the LT reporter, just after earlybird deadline. Nice of the Blades not to bid until then, how polite :lol:

We know how this will end if they get a bid near what they've recently spent on Dack.......... Tick tock.

Did you read the article?

Final line-Head coach Tony Mowbray has made it clear that no player will be allowed to leave the club without his approval despite relegation to League One.

Sounds like the opposite of priming to me. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did you read the article?

Final line-Head coach Tony Mowbray has made it clear that no player will be allowed to leave the club without his approval despite relegation to League One.

Sounds like the opposite of priming to me. 

Doesn't it always begin that way.

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nobody in their right mind thought we could forget what Kean did/was involved in and get fully behind him and as a result the team. We were never going up while he was there and I think a high percentage of people knew that. 

A missed opportunity because under a Warnock or McCarthy we would have went up, not walked it, but we would have been promoted. 

I wouldn't be so sure about the first part, but it wasn't so much people getting behind Kean. It was more a "get behind the lads ffs" sentiment, because some people thought we had a good enough squad to get up even with the bald rat in the dugout. That feeling was emboldened somewhat after we won a fair few of our first seven matches and appeared to be on our way to at least the playoffs based on form - even though the matches themselves suggested we had been hugely lucky and it was a matter of time until the bottom fell out. Kean basically jumped just before that happened and from that point onwards we went into freefall with Berg and Appleton before Bowyer came in and steadied us enough to stay up that season. Think we finished 17th, and we were something like 2nd or 3rd when Kean quit. 

2 minutes ago, sjsbrfc said:

It's really going to @#/? off certain members on this forum if we actually have a successful season and achieve promotion

I don't think many will be jumping for joy either. More of a sigh of relief

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I don't think many will be jumping for joy either. More of a sigh of relief

No but if that did happen it would demonstrate a upwards trajectory which flies in the face of what some doom mongers are peddling on here. 

Is it doom-mongery to extrapolate the trajectory of the last 7 years and expect it to continue, rather than suddenly go into a complete reversal?

Personally, I'd be delighted if we went straight back up, but that won't make everything cushdy again until we're back in the PL and Venkys have departed.

Archived