BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

It's probably not. Our own u-23 team play in Premier League Division 2. They finished 1 spot and 1 point away from the playoffs by the way. I don't know where Bournemouth's u-23s are, but they're not in Division 1, and aren't in Division 2 either unless they just got promoted. So it seems the standard there is a lower standard than...our own u-23s. Equal at best. And if that is a standard higher than League One, then we really will 'walk the league'.

I don't think they have a official u23 team just an u21 team they did play a team in the u23 league cup last year and lost to burnleys u23 so not at a high standard

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DE. said:

I could be irrational and post out of bitterness as well, but what would it achieve? He was only given his chance to play here once there was practically nobody else left, and even then he was on the bench most of the time. 16 league appearances in the last two years, and then he should be grateful because we guarantee him game time once we've been relegated to League 1 and clubs in higher divisions want him to sign?

Mahoney might be a Rovers fan, but football is his career. He has to think about his next move logically. Being at a club like ours, or Forest, could hinder his career whether you want to acknowledge that or not. Playing in a poor team can drag the reputation of every squad player down. Perhaps we do well this year, but even if we do it's still League 1. Quite frankly the standard in the U23 league is probably better. Maybe in this time six months Mowbray is gone and he's playing under some has-been or never has-been, a tag that can accurately describe almost every manager we've had in the last seven years. 

As a Rovers fan I obviously would have wanted him to stay. That goes without saying - but I can understand his reasoning and it's impossible for me to feel any ill will towards him considering the state the club is in. The lad is looking out for his future and as long as this club is under the control of Venky's we don't have one. 

Irrational and bitter. Nice opening salvo :)

Whereas playing for B'mouth U23's enhances it I suppose? Nonsense.  Every good player of every shyte/basket case team gets a move in the end. They normally move to someone's 1st team. No self-respecting footballer wants to disappear into the stiffs, which is what he's doing. That's a sure-fire way to end your career. He should be playing 1st team football at his age.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

This summer has be different so far. Mowbray been to India to meet the owners, 4 players signed including 2 cash buys. 

Lenihan should have beem POTY. 

Hanley and Duffy wanted out of Ewood as soon as Coyle in..

Hanley and Duffy were no different to Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes, Olsson, King and Marshall. Lets not pretend their departures were purely a result of appointing the idiot Coyle as manager. He wouldn't have helped of course but those two knew the direction the club was going and knew they were for sale to the highest bidder and therefore looked to move on. Lo and behold they both got automatic promotion and find themselves as Premier League players whilst we find ourselves in the 3rd tier. Its time to stop throwing responsibility onto the players shoulders and look to the top. No player is going to want to remain at a club dropping rapidly with clueless management, no investment and annual player sales to pay the bills. All that is Venkys fault. Top players know they are up for sale and are being moved on.

Mowbray has been to India. We still haven't been told which, if any, of the owners he met. Mowbray said he 'met the people that matter' or words to that effect, whilst he, the club and the Telegraph have always referred to the collective 'owners' rather than specifying which individuals he met. Did he meet Mrs Desai, Balaji, Venkatesh, all of them, none of them, or just the office staff? It might not matter to some but to me it is a matter of extreme importance because we've seen in the past that the owners sing from different hymn sheets or say one thing and do another. If Mowbray hasn't had clear promises from all the decision makers then things can and probably will unravel very quickly. I am concerned that there seems to be a consistent effort from all sides to disguise or avoid being precise over who is involved in these talks with the 'owners'. Previously Kean and Bowyer were all too happy to admit to bowing to Madame and doing business with her, yet no such mention of that with Mowbray which leads me to thing he's met Balaji at the most, which isn't good. 

You mention 4 players signed as though that is some sort of amazing achievement. I haven't done so but expect if you go through the Leagues a lot of other clubs will have signed 4 or more players for cash without having first released an entire team. This time last year we had signed Feeney, Graham and Stokes so not really that different except this time we've spent some money on 1 or 2 of them. 

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Irrational and bitter. Nice opening salvo :)

Whereas playing for B'mouth U23's enhances it I suppose? Nonsense.  Every good player of every shyte/basket case team gets a move in the end. They normally move to someone's 1st team. No self-respecting footballer wants to disappear into the stiffs, which is what he's doing. That's a sure-fire way to end your career. He should be playing 1st team football at his age.

Time will tell. If he's got the talent he'll end up in Bournemouth's first team or elsewhere. If he doesn't then his trajectory won't be a whole lot different, but he'll have made a lot more money than if he was here. 

One has to assume there are plenty of scouts at u23 matches looking for young talent to loan out or buy. It's not like he's going to play for Bournemouth's Sunday league team. 

54 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

So poor old Connor kicked up a fuss cos he wasn't playing, got the chance at Rovers (and Forest) and says 'no thanks' and trots off to play for Bournemouth U23's in front of 84 people each week instead.  He's not in it for the money is he? Surely not.

For £1800 quid a week to be a possible sub in league one, wouldn't you for a several serious notes more try to be a possible sub in a Premiership game sounds a whole lot better wouldnt you say.

I'd imagine the likes of Dak and Smallwood only came to Rovers because nobody else was prepared to pay them this much as they will get at Ewood.

Good old SEM !

Just now, JAL said:

For £1800 quid a week to be a possible sub in league one, wouldn't you for a several serious notes more try to be a possible sub in a Premiership game sounds a whole lot better wouldnt you say.

I'd imagine the likes of Dak and Smallwood only came to Rovers because nobody else was prepared to pay them this much at Ewood.

Possibly, bet then I wouldn't have kicked up a fuss first about not playing if all I cared about was the money.

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

Time will tell. If he's got the talent he'll end up in Bournemouth's first team or elsewhere. If he doesn't then his trajectory won't be a whole lot different, but he'll have made a lot more money than if he was here. 

One has to assume there are plenty of scouts at u23 matches looking for young talent to loan out or buy. It's not like he's going to play for Bournemouth's Sunday league team. 

But he won't it's already been stated that the standard of football he's gone to is lower than league 1 so expecting somebody to improve when they are playing with & against inferior players is daft to be honest. You only improve playing with & against better nothing to learn otherwise apart from stagnation. His best path would have been sitting tight for a season learn something then get his chance young lads think money first I was the same at his age. This 1 will bite on the bum league 1 gets alot more exposure than some youth network at Bournemouth. You are right with the time thing though. That's the measure of most things it's irrelevant what we think the truth will emerge with time.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Possibly, bet then I wouldn't have kicked up a fuss first about not playing if all I cared about was the money.

No fuss was kicked up so what you on about ?

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hanley and Duffy were no different to Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes, Olsson, King and Marshall. Lets not pretend their departures were purely a result of appointing the idiot Coyle as manager. 

Mowbray has been to India. We still haven't been told which, if any, of the owners he met. Mowbray said he 'met the people that matter' or words to that effect, whilst he, the club and the Telegraph have always referred to the collective 'owners' rather than specifying which individuals he met. Did he meet Mrs Desai, Balaji, Venkatesh, all of them, none of them, or just the office staff? It might not matter to some but to me it is a matter of extreme importance because we've seen in the past that the owners sing from different hymn sheets or say one thing and do another. If Mowbray hasn't had clear promises from all the decision makers then things can and probably will unravel very quickly. I am concerned that there seems to be a consistent effort from all sides to disguise or avoid being precise over who is involved in these talks with the 'owners'. Previously Kean and Bowyer were all too happy to admit to bowing to Madame and doing business with her, yet no such mention of that with Mowbray which leads me to thing he's met Balaji at the most, which isn't good. 

Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Gestede, King, Rhodes all wanted out of Rovers. 

Mowbray met the owners that what he has said. 

3 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Bournemouth's first team will probably be off abroad for training/friendlies, and Mahoney won't even be with them. Its a very strange, unambitious move IMO.

Unambitious? They have the best young English manager in the country, they have come up through the leagues in no time and are now an established Top flight club. Guessing playing second fiddle to Feeney is ambition? Good luck to the lad, full of talent and proof we do have the ability to bring quality through the ranks

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, JAL said:

I'd imagine the likes of Dak and Smallwood only came to Rovers because nobody else was prepared to pay them this much as they will get at Ewood.

Good old SEM !

You must've hated John Williams

Why the hand ringing. He's a youth player who just happens to be from Blackburn. It made no difference to him which team he plays for and as a result it should make no difference to us. We need men who want to play for us wherever there from. He didn't and has far as I'm concerned from that point on he might as well be from Botswana. He's not interested and we shouldn't be . Good bye and good luck Connor Mahoney 

For a thread about transfers, this one features an ironic level of noise, given the whisperingly quiet state of transfers in and out of Rovers at the moment.

Shhh.. can anyone hear anything happening?

No... thought not - the Venkylight (cheers Suhail Slayer) does appear to be on Red...

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. And yes, I know - this is just more noise...

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Worst squad?? you really need to think before you post! We have a squad capable of promotion atm and with a few more additions Champions. 

We have 16 pros. With 3/4 injured/suspended, pretty standard figure, we have 12 players available. 

You cannot get worse than having no one available.

Archived