Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

They weren't 35 though.

Correct, however it just shows some clubs fans don't take to certain players or players don't take to those clubs. He will be a decent signing for us, it's league 1 a standard he should still do well at, additionally he's played in league 1 before and is the big chap up front that we need in a league like league 1.

Also gives us another quality set piece taker along with Whittingham, we haven't even had one regularly for about 5 seasons.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lambert is a great signing. Anyone saying he isn't doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. We need experience to get out of this division. Lambert has the experience and pedigree.

For those saying his age is an issue. Look at Zlatan.  

Having said all of  the above. I am surprised a fee is mentioned 

Depends whether old Father Time has caught up with him to be honest.

People said the exact same as you are saying above about Fanny Murphy (typo but I've left it in there :)) and look how that turned out.

Its a risk that could go either way. If we are bringing in plenty of other options then fair enough but if we can only bring in one more striker after Lambert then it is not a risk I would take.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

Correct, however it just shows some clubs fans don't take to certain players or players don't take to those clubs. He will be a decent signing for us, it's league 1 a standard he should still do well at, additionally he's played in league 1 before and is the big chap up front that we need in a league like league 1.

Also gives us another quality set piece taker along with Whittingham, we haven't even had one regularly for about 5 seasons.

He'd be OK if we're selling Graham, but if not I don't see why we'd bother - especially as he's going to be on about 20k a week or so at the moment, and will probably still want a big chunk of change even in L1.  He'd likely be one of (if not the) biggest earners at the club, and I can't see him as a regular starter at his age and with the squad we've got now - so (if it happens) I'm not sure it's a great signing to be honest.

What happened with that Akinde fella we were linked with?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lambert wont be regular for me but someone who gives us plan B option. But we need 2 pacey players up front. Maybe 1 pacey striker and 1 pace who can play wide and up front

He'll be on big money for a Plan B option. I doubt he'd come to be a sub either.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Hiwula off to Fleetwood on loan; I know some here mentioned him 

That was me , no inside info , no link , no itk .. I just thought he should be the type of player we should be targeting instead of the likes of Lambert , good move by Fleetwood , I genuinely think he could  have score a bucket load in this division for us with the likes of Whittingham , Dack , Conway etc supplying him .... never mind 

3 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I cant find anyone saying lambert has signed 

Because he hasnt. It's 1 of them for me not too overly bothered yes he could have been good but another part thinks how many games would he feature & how much would he contribute. Could be a bullet dodged won't be losing much sleep over this 1. I got excited when his name first got mentioned but the more you think about it.

19 minutes ago, AJW said:

That was me , no inside info , no link , no itk .. I just thought he should be the type of player we should be targeting instead of the likes of Lambert , good move by Fleetwood , I genuinely think he could  have score a bucket load in this division for us with the likes of Whittingham , Dack , Conway etc supplying him .... never mind 

I thought it was personally a cracking shout. Young pacey with a solid l1 record with ability to improve as a player and asset value wise.

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

On relection I agree that the camera photo comment was not needed. My mistake as it obviously draws attention away.

A 'snap' of TM with the owners would not have been too difficult a thing to expect or arrange, surely, for the Club website.

The timeline query stands as does use and meaning of 'prefer'.

I said similar not so long ago that I believe TM must have had words taken out of context but in no way do I believe he travelled to India.

10 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

Because he hasnt. It's 1 of them for me not too overly bothered yes he could have been good but another part thinks how many games would he feature & how much would he contribute. Could be a bullet dodged won't be losing much sleep over this 1. I got excited when his name first got mentioned but the more you think about it.

Hardly the way forward is it! Dead money in my opinion.

Archived