BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

35 minutes ago, AJW said:

That was me , no inside info , no link , no itk .. I just thought he should be the type of player we should be targeting instead of the likes of Lambert , good move by Fleetwood , I genuinely think he could  have score a bucket load in this division for us with the likes of Whittingham , Dack , Conway etc supplying him .... never mind 

I saw him at Leigh sports village score 4 in a six nil defeat for rovers absolutely wonderful goals too. The only player I saw at that level close to him has been rashford

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I said similar not so long ago that I believe TM must have had words taken out of context but in no way do I believe he travelled to India.

He confirmed he did at the Q and A last week. Went for four days and met with the owners 3/4 times.

Said he found Madame and her husband to be soft spoken but intelligent.

He must have had the wrong address. :-)

34 minutes ago, den said:

Hardly the way forward is it! Dead money in my opinion.

Its 1 of them its a risk like most things in life can we calculate that risk & attract better for less money? I think so. It all depends on what he's asking for if too much look elsewhere someone younger with pace less of a risk saying that lambert may not want too much who knows.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Depends whether old Father Time has caught up with him to be honest.

People said the exact same as you are saying above about Fanny Murphy (typo but I've left it in there :)) and look how that turned out.

Its a risk that could go either way. If we are bringing in plenty of other options then fair enough but if we can only bring in one more striker after Lambert then it is not a risk I would take.

Fanny was a disaster. Had lost his hunger and just did not gel with the fans. 

41 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I saw him at Leigh sports village score 4 in a six nil defeat for rovers absolutely wonderful goals too. The only player I saw at that level close to him has been rashford

Wonder  why he ended up at Fleetwood 

Were Fleetwood Mac from Fleetwood? 

1 hour ago, den said:

Hardly the way forward is it! Dead money in my opinion.

We have to bring in a few busted flushes every season to balance out a couple of good signings. Venkys have to keep the partners happy somehow.

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We have to bring in a few busted flushes every season to balance out a couple of good signings. Venkys have to keep the partners happy somehow.

Seperating the wheat from the chaff you mean in laymans terms. Takes a dedicated & diligent eye.

1 minute ago, Bluebandit said:

Seperating the wheat from the chaff you mean in laymans terms. Takes a dedicated & diligent eye.

Unless your duty bound to please someone else then you have to just grit your teeth.

2 hours ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Well, we can't compete with the likes of Plymouth...

It really does make a us a laughing stock. How on earth Venkys can maintain any dignity, let alone save face over anything Rovers related, l'll never know.

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It really does make a us a laughing stock. How on earth Venkys can maintain any dignity, let alone save face over anything Rovers related, l'll never know.

Why?  Does anyone know if Mowbray actually wanted Lambert?  The only person who knows is Mowbray and from what I hear he said at today's meeting Lambert wasn't a target.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Why?  Does anyone know if Mowbray actually wanted Lambert?  The only person who knows is Mowbray and from what I hear he said at today's meeting Lambert wasn't a target.

Don't think he did to be honest it was just a agent touting for offers. Cardiff didn't want him the obvious direction was league 1 somewhere in between our name cropped up as a potential suitor. Indeed there's no concrete evidence we even entered into talks or even enquired about his availability.

1 minute ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Why has all the earlier pre-season optimism completely vanished, just because we pulled out of a deal for a 30yo Bradford, league 1 standard right back and haven't rushed into signing a striker yet. In TM I trust

TM is not the problem.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

TM is not the problem.

No but he is the one handling the transfers. He Will revive this club. A friend of mine was on loan at Coventry when he was there and said he was the best Manager he has played under. Since returning to his parent club he is now a key first team player and established England u21 international.

36 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Mate of mine is a Hibs fan and just the name Anthony Stokes gives him a boner. He is loved up there! I told him this morning that I would happily put On my blue suede shoes and drive the c##t up to Edinburgh myself! 

Apparently all the talk on Hibs forums is of Danny Graham. 

Danny Graham was on 26k last year. Nicko says Hibs ceiling is 3k a week I think it's more 5k as chair lady Leanne Dempster will more than likely use some of the 1milluon from the sale of Jason Cummings. I don't think they've even a 2% chance of Landing Graham

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Wtf are you talking about?

Archived