SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I was reading yesterday, that Stokes hasn't paid the Elvis impersonator a penny of the e230k compensation he was awarded in February.

The fellow is not happy.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on the board.

Rovers should just offer to pay his fine and then tear up his contract then the prick can go to mighty Hibs and his 3 grand per week.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, but he needs to keep up his side of the contract. Can it be said he has done that? 

The club at any time could have taken disciplinary action or reviewed breaches of contract. It appears they haven't or if they have reviewed his contract find him clear

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Rovers should just offer to pay his fine and then tear up his contract then the prick can go to mighty Hibs and his 3 grand per week.

Good idea that, would look good in papers too, could have Mike Cheston handing over the cheque.

Another nice gesture would be to give him a gig at the Blues Bar.:D

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

The club at any time could have taken disciplinary action or reviewed breaches of contract. It appears they haven't or if they have reviewed his contract find him clear

As the incident was pre-contract, is this allowed?

Though I suppose we could get him on non-payment of compo, as detailed above?

17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As the incident was pre-contract, is this allowed?

the fact that we signed him considering this, not to mention his (and his despicable father's) love for all things real-IRA, and his clearly documented bad attitude is what annoys me about the whole predictable farce, never should have been allowed through the door, and never would have pre-Venkys.

4 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

the fact that we signed him considering this, not to mention his (and his despicable father's) love for all things real-IRA, and his clearly documented bad attitude is what annoys me about the whole predictable farce, never should have been allowed through the door, and never would have pre-Venkys.

Keeps happening too. And I can't help wondering about Kean, Coyle, Goodwillie and now Stokes and respite for somebody's clients from murky dealings in Glasgow.

At least, Michael Corleone went to Sicily to lie low. Thanks to Kean and Coyle, these low life specimen have to come to Blackburn.

I love Elvis even more now.

12 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

It's a stitch up job Kean would have been proud of imo. Celtic want rid and maybe real possibility of them sacking him if found guilty so agents get in a panic, we need a place for him to go whilst this all blows over and hopefully earn a few quid as well. Hibs want him but can't afford him nor his wages but are prepared to bide their time, who do Celtic and his agents call ?

Never had a proper chance here but never showed any real dedication to doing it then sidelined quickly and starts playing up immediately. May or may not have been the case but if people think this kind of thing doesn't go on in football they need to have a serious rethink.

No doubt those idiots at Ewood knew nothing of this pending case or just didn't bother asking, question is why ?    Maybe Coyle was done over as well but you have to question a 3 year contract on allegedly 18 grand a week for an unproven down here duck egg with a bad rep.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Hope he has a good career but when Feeney was being picked ahead of him last season it was on merit for the most part. He has a lot to learn and has to play to do that, Bowyer really should have sent him to league 2 for an education a few years back.

Against Preston when he came on and the Bristol game he looked pretty much the worst on the pitch whilst other times you felt magic was a moment away.

When you look back to what Duff was doing at that age you realise maybe we were more than a bit spoilt!

I know. My only surprise is that Howe didn't come in for Feeney. The guy must be a complete idiot.

Probably in the minority here but I wouldn't mind Stokes staying. Believe he could do some damage  'of the good kind' in league 1. Personally I couldn't care what the blokes about so long as he does a job for us on the pitch. 

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I know. My only surprise is that Howe didn't come in for Feeney. The guy must be a complete idiot.

I was screaming for Mahoney to be played ahead of the hapless Feeney but towards the back end of the season I thought Feeney deserved a place with Conor being used more as an impact sub.

Of the two you would of course pick the one with potential to have in your squad but the fact remains that Mahoney couldn't uproot a player that is by most people's standards - pretty poor.

Massive potential to fulfil; hope Bournemouth see sense and Loan him out, he's tear our league up but could see a few teams in the championship fancying him in their squad.

Talking of potential what became of Samuelsen? Looked like he had the world at his feet - then came on loan here and was another behind Feeney in the queue 

8 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Based on what? His ability to watch Celtic? Court case appearances? Injury record? Tabloid stories? 

Be fair Bob, he's pretty incredible at all of those things. Maybe even a worldie.

Lambert is a great signing. Anyone saying he isn't doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. We need experience to get out of this division. Lambert has the experience and pedigree.

For those saying his age is an issue. Look at Zlatan.  

Having said all of  the above. I am surprised a fee is mentioned 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lambert is a great signing. Anyone saying he isn't doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. We need experience to get out of this division. Lambert has d experience and pedigree.

Have we really agreed a fee or is this just from some sad fecker making stuff up on Twitter and then it spreading?Not against the signing of Lambert but I'd rather we splashed out on someone younger with a bit of pace.I also hope he isn't coming in as a Graham replacement

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lambert is a great signing. Anyone saying he isn't doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. We need experience to get out of this division. Lambert has the experience and pedigree.

I think he's finished tbh allot of Cardiff do too.

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Seriously comparing Zlatan to Lambert ? Yes you can compare them as far as age goes but ability? They are poles apart! We have an "experienced" striker in Graham both Lambert and Graham struggle with injuries! Can't afford to be carrying anyone this season 

Stokes out, Lambert in? I'd be happy with that. Leaves space for a couple of pacy strikers to go with the target men we would have in Lambert and Graham. We've also got Dack who can play in the number 10 role so lots of options up front if the above happens. 

Lambert would score a lot of goals at this level. If one of our rivals snapped him up, I think we'd be saying they'd gotten themselves a good signing. 

Lambert and Graham up front - blimey, statues have more movement than those two. 

It'd work if we have 2 wingers banging in crosses that they bundle into the net with their expanding midriffs - but don't expect them to chase back and "run the channels" ! 

7 minutes ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Seriously comparing Zlatan to Lambert ? Yes you can compare them as far as age goes but ability? They are poles apart! We have an "experienced" striker in Graham both Lambert and Graham struggle with injuries! Can't afford to be carrying anyone this season 

The premiership and league 1 are poles apart also. I was actually comparing their ages to highlight being 35 doesn't mean a player is finished 

Archived