SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It was in an sms I got from a Son in Manchester. Just rumour.

I thought if Grant went to the Dingles then he'd be playing us next season:brfc:

Sheff Wed may go up!

A son in Manchester? You got them scattered all over the country or something? Dirty dog ;)

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'm a firm believer in having 3 keepers going into a season. 2 just isn't enough. It takes 1 serious to injury and you are in trouble. 

I'd look at Joe Hart. Not much interest for a transfer, City don't need the money, perhaps a loan would suit all?

Hahahahaha brilliant. Hart will be sold and be on 100k a week no matter where he ends up. Even if he was offered too us on loan which he never would be in a trillion years I wouldn't even want him. Biggest fraud of a keeper I've ever seen, had one good season about 4 years ago. One of the worst England keepers of all time. Can't stand him :lol: 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'm a firm believer in having 3 keepers going into a season. 2 just isn't enough. It takes 1 serious to injury and you are in trouble. 

I'd look at Joe Hart. Not much interest for a transfer, City don't need the money, perhaps a loan would suit all?

I'm not sure Hart would fancy sitting on a bench in League One but it's worth a call I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Currently, I believe we have the best squad and we were a half-decent manager away from staying up last season.  Will we be scrabbling around in the last few days of the transfer window replacing Lenihan and Mulgrew. History suggests we will - but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Forgetting quality, we don't have the bodies yet.

We probably have the best first 11 and the worst squad as it stands.

1 minute ago, Butty said:

A son in Manchester? You got them scattered all over the country or something? Dirty dog ;)

4 Sons 2 Daughters ranging age 43 to 12 :D

Mind you I came from family of 8 kids.....but I've holstered my pistol;)

The youngest lad age 12 lives here and was a Rover but now Arsenal as he can see them on telly :(

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How did we manage to sign Mccarthy, Emerton  and Oojer for around 3 million quid a piece?? 

We had a plan at the time to offer bigger wages. Look for value in the price and then try and pinch them with offers of more money.

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

Hahahahaha brilliant. Hart will be sold and be on 100k a week no matter where he ends up. Even if he was offered too us on loan which he never would be in a trillion years I wouldn't even want him. Biggest fraud of a keeper I've ever seen, had one good season about 4 years ago. One of the worst England keepers of all time. Can't stand him :lol: 

You don't think he would do a job in league 1? I understand it wouldn't be long term and we may need to look at someone else in the Championship but for 12 months? 

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm not sure Hart would fancy sitting on a bench in League One but it's worth a call I suppose.

That's the sort of attitude we need alright. May as well only bother enquiring about Gillingham and Rotherham players. 

4 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

Forgetting quality, we don't have the bodies yet.

We probably have the best first 11 and the worst squad as it stands.

That's a fair point to be honest. I should have said best team because I think we have potentially the best starting eleven but agree we lack depth in the squad. (Although I think it's very harsh to say the worst squad). We definitely need more bodies but I also want to see a couple of the u23 given a chance in the right situation. 

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The youngest lad age 12 lives here and was a Rover but now Arsenal as he can see them on telly :(

Lock him in the garden shed until he changes his mind. Worked with mine. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Please stop this abour Hart.

I'm laughing so hard it bloody hurt.

He'd never get a game. Steele is better.

ROFL PMSL

I think he would get in the team. At least while we are in league 1. It would also be the opportunity to earn some extra income. He's the face of Nivea remember. 

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

No I think he would do a job and be good for Raya to learn from. 

lol seriously? You dont think Hart might have any other offers from the two divisions above us or across Europe? I heard Ronaldo wants out of Madrid as well!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Samba training at villa. Him and Terry centre halves next season? 

Terry has already signed for Villa. I can't see them letting him come to us already. Don't see Samba as a replacement. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

lol seriously? You dont think Hart might have any other offers from the two divisions above us or across Europe? I heard Ronaldo wants out of Madrid as well!

Well he hasn't so far! Ronaldo is definately unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What?I mean for villa :D

I'm confused - but i like your thinking. Joe Hart in nets and JT organising the defence. Proper team. 

Archived