BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me throw 2 new names out there , both young(ish) both have scored goals at this level and both , for different reasons could be available .. Devante Cole and Jordy Hiwula 

4 minutes ago, AJW said:

Let me throw 2 new names out there , both young(ish) both have scored goals at this level and both , for different reasons could be available .. Devante Cole and Jordy Hiwula 

I'd defiantly have Hiwula, Cole has potential but they are exactly the type along with Dominic Samuel, Omar Bogle in which we should be looking at.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mahoney pictured at Bournemouth today. Had he officially left us then? Can't see us just allowing him to train there if the deal hasn't been signed yet.

30:06:17 contract expired, free to do as he pleases since rejecting rovers shoddy offer. Tribunal fee probs 150k ish will get agreed at a later date possibly by Cheston unless it goes to a panel.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd defiantly have Hiwula, Cole has potential but they are exactly the type along with Dominic Samuel, Omar Bogle in which we should be looking at.

Just watched some videos on YouTube , I know you shouldn't compare them but Devante looks to have inherited his fathers movement and his ability to sniff out a goal , but a 1 in 5 goals return isn't great is it having said that there was a certain Southampton striker who averaged 1 in 4 before he moved to Blackburn 

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Just watched some videos on YouTube , I know you shouldn't compare them but Devante looks to have inherited his fathers movement and his ability to sniff out a goal , but a 1 in 5 goals return isn't great is it having said that there was a certified Southampton striker who averaged 1 in 4 before he moved to Blackburn 

Hiwula has done well at Walsall and is very very pacey . Can't see Huddersfield wanting to keep hold. Cracking shout btw.

Cole was quite rated at Bradford tbf before fleetwood. Not seen much of him tbh.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

What's the official position of BRFCS this summer re Nixon's transfer tattle?

He has been caught lying and telling fibs as much if not more than giving reliable information.

He reminds me of a battered Mars bar.  Both are Scotish, high in saturated fat, greasy and you feel dirty after taking a bite. In his case it's biting his blatant attempts to wind rovers fans up.

Needless to say I'm blocked from his twitter. Not sore in the slightest :D

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why not? Isnt that how players go on trial at other clubs? 

True. I think he should have stopped though for the timebeing seen the next season out. I can understand why he felt he had to leave if his career stalls he only has himself to blame could have got the development here by getting the game time young lads so desperately need.

Looks like the games have started now we have 'done our business early' and milked the early birds.

Let's hope we haven't seen the last of the Mowbray effect. But rumours that Venkys are blocking players based on wage "demands" are as easy to make up as they are to believe.

Just waiting for Nyambe to reject his new contract offer.

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Looks like the games have started now we have 'done our business early' and milked the early birds.

Let's hope we haven't seen the last of the Mowbray effect. But rumours that Venkys are blocking players based on wage "demands" are as easy to make up as they are to believe.

Just waiting for Nyambe to reject his new contract offer.

So what are we thinking? All the positive news about signings before the early bird season ticket deadline? 

What then? Out go Mugrew, Lenihan and Graham, when it is clear that season ticket sales have reached their new peak?

Can leopards change their spots?

Just preparing myself.....

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has been caught lying and telling fibs as much if not more than giving reliable information.

He reminds me of a battered Mars bar.  Both are Scotish, high in saturated fat, greasy and you feel dirty after taking a bite. In his case it's biting his blatant attempts to wind rovers fans up.

Needless to say I'm blocked from his twitter. Not sore in the slightest :D

:) You don't sound it in the slightest.

13 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

So what are we thinking? All the positive news about signings before the early bird season ticket deadline? 

What then? Out go Mugrew, Lenihan and Graham, when it is clear that season ticket sales have reached their new peak?

Can leopards change their spots?

Just preparing myself.....

I've made my thoughts very clear earlier in the thread. It's over to the Raos to prove me wrong.

Just as the carrot and stick game has finished we are now hearing the same old stuff that seemed to have been suppressed and replaced with cautious optimism over the last few weeks.

Just an observation Len.

36 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I've made my thoughts very clear earlier in the thread. It's over to the Raos to prove me wrong.

Just as the carrot and stick game has finished we are now hearing the same old stuff that seemed to have been suppressed and replaced with cautious optimism over the last few weeks.

Just an observation Len.

Funny how Rovers Twitter and website have been very quiet over the last 48 hours.  They must have burnt themselves out pushing the positivity and STs

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Funny how Rovers Twitter and website have been very quiet over the last 48 hours.  They must have burnt themselves out pushing the positivity and STs

Indeed. Although to be fair, 98.5% of their output has been re-tweets of folk bragging about renewing and RTID so that will certainly stop for a bit now. At least until people are reconditioned to the new pricing.

RTID and that.

Archived