BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Getridfor2Quid: Venk77 Plus Amount To 70070 Or Online.

Madon

Ok. Paul Wheelock wants to put a few words from myself on the LET website, again, I'm not great putting stories into words. Please could somebody help out, this is our chance for the LET to finally report on this.

I am at work at the moment so I will submit whatever we get on my lunch.

I have sent you a PM!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not good at this stuff but here is my go if this is what you are looking for?

As founder members of the football league and of the premier league our club, the supporter club Blackburn rovers has had the heart and soul removed by mismanagement on a level rarely seen before. From a club punching above its weight in the premier league we have been reduced to a relegation fighting championship club. All this under the watch of the hopeless owners Venkys. We the supporters of the club ask for nothing less than to be released from the terrible chains of perpetual misery of venkys ownership.

Not sure if this is what you want but it may give other people ideas.

Great idea

Good - but please can we stop underselling 'ourselves'

I hate it when people say this ( this was a favourite phrase of Theno) - what we achieved was tremendous and we deserved to achieve what we did and to be were we where

As is stated and historical fact - we are Founder Members of the Football League ( and Premier) :rover:

Great idea

Good - but please can we stop underselling 'ourselves'

I hate it when people say this ( this was a favourite phrase of Theno) - what we achieved was tremendous and we deserved to achieve what we did and to be were we where

As is stated and historical fact - we are Founder Members of the Football League ( and Premier) :rover:

Typed it up last night after a few cans on holiday! You could swap that for 'From a steady and stable highly respected'

Ok. Paul Wheelock wants to put a few words from myself on the LET website, again, I'm not great putting stories into words. Please could somebody help out, this is our chance for the LET to finally report on this.

Great work Matt

I hope the comments section is disabled when they put the article out or dingle trolls will have a field day.

• Backroom

Any chance of posting it on here, just to keep the LET legal bods honest

Hi mate, I can't see it being an issue as it's going in the LET but it was Kamys material so I've just PM'd him to double check it's ok to post. I'll put it up on here as soon as I have his say so.

Paul has said it should be on the LET website tomorrow.

• Backroom

Well done Madon for actaully crackin' on and doing it and then getting the LT interested. Great charity too.

Just to be clear, because i'm a bit thick, all i do is text text 'VENK77 £2' to the number you gave?

VENK77 to 70070 followed by £2

Thanks.

• Backroom

Massive thanks to Kamy, the following is due to be published in The Telegraph tomorrow:

A group of Rovers fans have come up with a unique idea of raising money for a good cause whilst also protesting against owners Venky's.

The "Get Rid for 2 Quid" campaign is asking nearly 4000 fans who signed the Venky's Out petition and Rovers fans in general to donate £2 to pledge their support to the Venky's Out campaign with all the money raised going to East Lancashire Hospice.

In a little over 12 hours £200 had already been raised with that figure climbing rapidly as word spread via social media. Matthew McDonough who set up the donation page said "the response has been fantastic from fans, everyone is so frustrated at what is happening at Rovers and we wanted to do protest but also do something positive, it is fantastic that we are able to raise money for such a good cause".

Anyone wanting to donate can do so via the following page: www.justgiving.com/venkysout or by texting VENK77 to 70070.

• Backroom

Great idea, and a donation made. My father spent his last days there in May, and the staff were magnificent. Can't praise them enough. Two wonderful causes - the hospice and getting rid of the sc+mdogs!

Both my grandparents spent their last days at the hospice and I can't praise them enough, pretty sure an old board member Wozaup was at the hospice too?

Massive thanks to Kamy, the following is due to be published in The Telegraph tomorrow:

A group of Rovers fans have come up with a unique idea of raising money for a good cause whilst also protesting against owners Venky's.

The "Get Rid for 2 Quid" campaign is asking nearly 4000 fans who signed the Venky's Out petition and Rovers fans in general to donate £2 to pledge their support to the Venky's Out campaign with all the money raised going to East Lancashire Hospice.

In a little over 12 hours £200 had already been raised with that figure climbing rapidly as word spread via social media. Matthew McDonough who set up the donation page said "the response has been fantastic from fans, everyone is so frustrated at what is happening at Rovers and we wanted to do protest but also do something positive, it is fantastic that we are able to raise money for such a good cause".

Anyone wanting to donate can do so via the following page: www.justgiving.com/venkysout or by texting VENK77 to 70070.

Without wanting to sound patronising you should be properly proud of yourself for getting this up and running and in the press in less than 12 hours.

Well played Sir!

Donated via text, spending £2 has never felt better!

Great effort Madon, thanks too to Kamy. All of this is so encouraging. I just hope we can manage to enlist enough significant help from high profile journos etc. to really bring all this to light and have the effect we all desire.

#VenkysOut

• Backroom

I refuse to take credit for this, it was Glens idea in a different thread, everyone is aware of how busy he is at the moment so I've helped him out and set it up which didn't take too long at all.

Everybody should be proud of how we have come together in the past week, we just need to keep the ball rolling and not give up.

#VenkysOut

Archived