BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Getridfor2Quid: Venk77 Plus Amount To 70070 Or Online.

Madon

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What's the # for this?

You can either donate online at www.justgiving.com/venkysout

or text VENK77 to 70070 followed by the amount you wish to donate.

Perhaps change it to Blackburn Rovers instead of Rovers.

We as fans would refer to us as Rovers, the rest of the nation may not realise whether that is Doncaster Rovers, Featherstone a Rovers, Bristol Rovers etc.

I also would put the word 'allegedly' in there too just to cover your own backside.

yes but it could also be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Rovers_F.C._(South_Africa)

Not posted much in recent times but kept up to date with all goings on in relation to the venkys/SEM etc and thought this was a particularity good idea, which could get the most traction. Like everyone else, as a lifelong fan I have gone from being angry and upset to completely disillusioned with club in the past few years.

Recently things have just become ridiculous and I thought I would do my part to help with the recent coming together of fans to protest as one.

My sister runs the Unilad football page, which has over 500k followers and part of Unilad itself that has 17mil followers, and I have been putting together an article with her to post on their site regarding Rovers decline and the Venkys. I have sent her over the leaked documents and a brief on the Get Rid for 2 quid. Obviously, it can't be to aggressive but gets more exposure nonetheless.

Just thought I would make sure it is okay to use the quotes given for the Telegraph from yourself Madon and mention your name in it?

Once the article is up I'll post on here to share around and hopefully get even more people involved!

Not posted much in recent times but kept up to date with all goings on in relation to the venkys/SEM etc and thought this was a particularity good idea, which could get the most traction. Like everyone else, as a lifelong fan I have gone from being angry and upset to completely disillusioned with club in the past few years.

Recently things have just become ridiculous and I thought I would do my part to help with the recent coming together of fans to protest as one.

My sister runs the Unilad football page, which has over 500k followers and part of Unilad itself that has 17mil followers, and I have been putting together an article with her to post on their site regarding Rovers decline and the Venkys. I have sent her over the leaked documents and a brief on the get rid of 2 quid. Obviously, it can't be to aggressive but gets more exposure nonetheless.

Just thought I would make sure it is okay to use the quotes given for the Telegraph from yourself Madon and mention your name in it?

Once the article is up I'll post on here to share around and hopefully get even more people involved!

If you haven't already it could be worth mentioning what SAF said about Rovers after Sam was sacked.

• Backroom

My sister runs the Unilad football page, which has over 500k followers and part of Unilad itself that has 17mil followers, and I have been putting together an article with her to post on their site regarding Rovers decline and the Venkys. I have sent her over the leaked documents and a brief on the get rid of 2 quid. Obviously, it can't be to aggressive but gets more exposure nonetheless.

Hi mate, that would be absolutely fantastic. Please, feel free.

Many thanks.

Has anybody got a catchy headline for the article that is going in the Telegraph? I have another journalist that is running with the story but I need a headline?

Many thanks.

Has anybody got a catchy headline for the article that is going in the Telegraph? I have another journalist that is running with the story but I need a headline?

Two Good Causes One Rotten Owner

Many thanks.

Cause for concern

Cause we can

Cause we care

Charity Begins at Home

Charity to restore parity

Dare to care, Venkys beware

Fans United, owners shorts sighted

Thousands raised, Owners erased

Finally donated - if nothing comes of this at least a hospice has been given some money for the benefit of the local community.

• Backroom

A few grammar mistakes and Rochina definitely wasn't a defender but good stuff on the whole.

I promise I didn't tell him he was a defender but we will roll with it! Haha.

Credit to him for writing the story.

It is easy to criticise Paul Wheelock.

His hands will be tied by the lawyers, I know how the system works.

We need to be able to supply him with more stories like this at the present stage. It shows Rovers fans care and we are doing something about it rather than being merely keyboard warriors. These sadly are probably the only stories he can cover until one of the 'Nationals' break the bigger story.

I am not on here to defend him but I thought his report on the Wigan game was spot on and did not pull any punches about the team and about fan disquiet.

In short give the guy a bit of slack and let's be tactical with what we can give him that he is able to report.

Paul is okay. As you say his hands are tied directly.

So we as fans need to help him go outside the box as to always thinking about the legal injuctions on stuff what is inside.

Afterall you can certainly lead a horse to water.

I refuse to take credit for this, it was Glens idea in a different thread, everyone is aware of how busy he is at the moment so I've helped him out and set it up which didn't take too long at all.

Everybody should be proud of how we have come together in the past week, we just need to keep the ball rolling and not give up.

#VenkysOut

Bang on.

"Were on our way back" ok maybe not as a club going to the PL but as fans we are.

Chuffed to bits seeing people like this.

I won't be entering the ground but I will be at every protest/demo. Can't wait to have a beer with some of you lot after too!

Liverpool fan just donated. Let's hope it's the start of it getting out there.

I'm going to be signing up to RAWK,SMB,Bluemoon,Redcafe and speeading the word, posting links to the docs & new articles later for four of the biggest PL club fan bases to see!

£450

22%

= good stuff :-)

Not left the office yet but will donate via text before I leave.

Can we get the text code in the subject of the thread please mods?

Well done everyone who has donated thus far.

Surely we can get to a £1000 by tomorrow evening. Share it on twitter?

• Backroom

Need everyone to share it tonight whilst rovers are playing and everyone is online for maximum publicity. If people want to RT me I am @mattmadon

Archived