BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Getridfor2Quid: Venk77 Plus Amount To 70070 Or Online.

Madon

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Passed the £300 mark. Massive thanks to everyone who has donated.

As everyone knows the LET are already preparing a story to be published tomorrow, how else can I publicise this? Any ideas and I'll get to work!

can i donate later on, or is there a closing date?

No closing date as of yet.

As everyone knows the LET are already preparing a story to be published tomorrow, how else can I publicise this? Any ideas and I'll get to work!

okay great, will donate as soon as i can.

Try speaking with an editor at Metro. They post literally anything! It is more of a news story than 99% of th guff on there and even if it only makes it online, it'll still get read, shared and attract more people to the cause nationally.

• Backroom

Any idea of the monies so far?

£323 so far.

I have just contacted the Metro and will get on with contacting the suggestions above this afternoon.

National papers may cover it if only for their website - could just write a generic email and send it over to news-desks hoping for a slow news day.

Could forward it on to football publications like WSC or supporter federation sites.

North west news channels? Granada?

Would putting it on something like Reddit draw eyes to it?

Just spitballing ideas guys, hope some may possibly be of use.

Or...

Chorley FM (Coming in your ears HA)

• Backroom

Does anyone fancy writing a mock up email that I can distribute?

Good Afternoon,

A group of Rovers fans have come up with a unique idea of raising money for a good cause whilst also protesting against owners Venky's.

The "Get Rid for 2 Quid" campaign is asking nearly 4000 fans who signed the Venky's Out petition and Rovers fans in general to donate £2 to pledge their support to the Venky's Out campaign with all the money raised going to East Lancashire Hospice.

In a little over 12 hours £300 had already been raised with that figure climbing rapidly as word spread via social media.

Anyone wanting to donate can do so via the following page: www.justgiving.com/venkysout or by texting VENK77 to 70070.

It would be brilliant if you could report on this story and help us raise money for a great cause in East Lancashire Hospice whilst also raising awareness for Blackburn Rovers’ ‘Venkys Out’ campaign.

You may or may not have seen recent documents that have come to light recently. If you haven’t please see attached, this is truly shocking stuff that shows just how corrupt our club has become.

Kind Regards,

Matt.

That is what I sent to The Metro, does anyone care to edit or expand?

Cheers.

Perhaps change it to Blackburn Rovers instead of Rovers.

We as fans would refer to us as Rovers, the rest of the nation may not realise whether that is Doncaster Rovers, Featherstone a Rovers, Bristol Rovers etc.

I also would put the word 'allegedly' in there too just to cover your own backside.

Archived