BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham On Saturday 27Th August

The comment was about an ordinary team ever winning anything Den. Greece, Portugal and Leicester are all massive underdogs who have won things.

How did Warnock keep Rotherham up last year? Same players but went on a run which kept them up.

A string manager can make a difference. Maybe getting an extra 10% out of all of the players can make the difference.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is why we must ask ourselves...

Assuming for a minute that Coyle was indeed the stand out candidate for "the job" as was said. Then what is the job and person description for the role.

Warnock etc didn't fit it so draw your own conclusions.

Maybe Coyle is doing a fantastic job? Depends what his brief is !

As long as he does what he was asked to do by his employer can enjoy his salary.

Obviously it's far more about player quality than it is about tactics or man management.

Chelsea had one of the top 3 squads in the league last season but were floundering near the bottom of the table when Jose was sacked. They then instantly improved. Same goes for Rotherham when Warnock took over. It happens countless times every season when new managers take over.

If a new manager gets a lot more points with the same players than the old manager then it's obviously about much more than the players.

Coyle and venkys could burn his house down and he would still back them.

Still making things up about people you have no idea about.

But yet again that what you do best tho.

What evidence do you to support those claims you have clearly made? Show me where I have done this?

Alright then Chaddy, was the Coyle quote serious or sarcastic?

Serious.

Yesterday team were well organised and structure.

A number of people who I sit with in Blackburn End all said the same and yet again I was AT the game.

and yet again you ignore the question put to you ...just like on the protest thread.

What question on the protest thread?

A good manager can make an ordinary team better than the sum of their individual parts. That"s why we should've gone for Warnock.

Some managers have a knack of making the team stronger than the sum of its parts. Allardyce was the master at this, even if his methods left a lot to be desired, you can't argue with the results. Coyle doesn't have that nous, he's all about slapping a team together with positive affirmations and a box of donuts.

Serious.

A number of people who I sit with in Blackburn End all said the same and yet again I was AT the game.

We where not well organised chad, we plonked in our own half and hardly pressed the ball. We lacked any real bite, we had a hard time getting the ball forward hence no real chances, we wasted all set pieces, and the worst part of all is our defensive shape.

If Fulham had been a good team, we would've been murdered!

Totally with Stuart on this one. Look at the dingles with Dyche. Two promotions with a team of mainly dross and the odd good player thrown in. A good manager can get a gallon out of a pint pot.

Good organisation,difficult to beat,defensive shape and reasonable fitness levels.......everything |Lambert was trying to do and this keanster Coyle isnt.

We lost Chaddy! His tactics cannot have been right for us to lose a game. Looking at the stats would indicate that Fulham pretty much controlled the game.

The game was going to be draw until Greer didnt clear the ball properly in the 92/93 minute

Fulham had lots of the ball and no cutting edge. Lots of huff and puff.

We where not well organised chad, we plonked in our own half and hardly pressed the ball. We lacked any real bite, we had a hard time getting the ball forward hence no real chances, we wasted all set pieces, and the worst part of all is our defensive shape.

Couldn't agree more. I thought we looked better at the back because of the individual performances of Greer, Hoban and Williams. However, as a team our defending from the front is appalling. For me the wingers are far too wide when we haven't got the ball instead of tucking in to deny space. Parker and Cairney didn't need to break sweat in the centre of midfield to control the game and in Odoi, Kabano and Aluko, Fulham had three players who were not only a joy to watch but who really exposed our lack of pace. The team still looks very disjointed with the link play between midfield and attack being virtually non-existent - hence the lack of goalscoring opportunities. Having said that, once the players cross the line they are responsible for the decisions they make and some of our decision making, in terms of looking to pass the ball, was woeful. Fulham built their game around the basic pass and move formula. Largely they played short, intricate passes, and wove their way in and around our midfield without us getting near them. In contrast, too many of our players were looking to hit long, sweeping passes which more often than not landed at the feet of an opponent.

Serious.

You was at the game ...stop belittling boycotters Saint Christopher .

As for the question , you know which one

The game was going to be draw until Greer didnt clear the ball properly in the 92/93 minute

So this tactical genius was 0-0 when they scored ?

If we was 4-0 up I may be inclined to agree but it's a results league

But we didn't put them under any pressure at all. You can't blame Greer for that either - it's down to the manager. He cannot set this team up, and I can't see him getting any better at it.

I wanted coyle to succeed but ultimately it was never going to happen.

Unless we start holding a decent shape, all giving 100%, knowing the role/tactics - we will continue to be poor.

For instance Chad - Graham is a hold up centre forward. Why are we not trying to find him early? Why are we putting centre backs in box for free kicks then taking them short to give away?

Too much basic stuff that GB and PL did, coyle isn't a dinosaur he's a complete con artist.

Coyle is a cr@p manager, no doubt about that, but when you have your captain and his defensive partner sold from under your nose and have to rely on a team full of free transfers, loans and academy players, you're going to struggle to organise them, set them up as a team, its almost impossible really.

If he manages to get a settled first 11, you're looking at Christmas before they 'bed in' and that quite simply is a recipe for disaster, once again created by those 3 idiots in Pune.

Its going to be a long season.

'venkysout

Coyle is a cr@p manager, no doubt about that, but when you have your captain and his defensive partner sold from under your nose and have to rely on a team full of free transfers, loans and academy players, you're going to struggle to organise them, set them up as a team, its almost impossible really.

If he manages to get a settled first 11, you're looking at Christmas before they 'bed in' and that quite simply is a recipe for disaster, once again created by those 3 idiots in Pune.

Its going to be a long season.

'venkysout

I completely agree that the owners are working against him and he has little or no chance of being successful - and this season success is finishing fourth of the bottom. Yesterday was a game we need to take something from. If it couldn't be a win we needed a draw and the team should have been set up in such a way that we were hard to beat. The classic 'two banks of four' with the front players dropping back when we don't have the ball and then the midfield and front men moving forward together when we do have the ball. Sadly, we still aren't doing that. Graham and Gallagher are stranded up front with little or no support. The wide players hug the touchline when we haven't got the ball and we need them coming inside to deny space to the opposition. Fulham moved around the pitch as a unit whilst we moved around as individuals - that was the difference for me and ultimately it cost us.

Lots of huff and puff and still we couldn't take advantage of it, some tactics that is.

I'm not grateful that the players actually defended ok for once.

Cairney ran the game.

The comment was about an ordinary team ever winning anything Den. Greece, Portugal and Leicester are all massive underdogs who have won things.

How did Warnock keep Rotherham up last year? Same players but went on a run which kept them up.

A string manager can make a difference. Maybe getting an extra 10% out of all of the players can make the difference.

No one has said a manager makes NO difference Ricky.

We lost from a Cairney goal in the 94th minute. You are blaming a lack of clearance two minutes earlier? That's a long time in football.

Greer was head and shoulders above every other Rovers player on the pitch - possibly Conway just behind in terms of endeavour (and who was outranked for some reason for Marshall's lazy wasted excuse-of-a-free-kick near the end).

Ironic that just as Cairney put the ball in the net the big screen showed Hoban as the 'official' MoM to try to claim a bit of reflective glory for the manager.

What a sorry state.

Archived