BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham On Saturday 27Th August

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday v Fulham will be a tough one. They have this bright young player called Cairney and they are playing some decent football.

Fulham will bring 100 - 120 fans so it should make for perhaps a 10k gate and a cracking atmosphere.

Away win

Fulham might sniff a win so they might bring a few more than usual. Strangely enough it's one of the teams we can often fashion a win against at home in times when we are crap for some reason. We haven't been this crap for decades though so...

Rovers 1 Fulham 1

10,178 (500 Fulham)

7,890 actually inside inc the visitors.

The Fulham of last season scored bucket loads but also conceded bucket loads and were the prime example of a team that couldn't sort out their defence and very nearly got relegated because of it, when with their personnel they should have been much higher.

This season they have lost the firepower of Dembele and McCormack, but look to have tightened up defensively with the new manager having a full pre-season.

Unbeaten so far with two wins (v Newcastle and Preston) and two draws (v Leeds and Cardiff). They are a stronger side than Burton who managed to put two past us.

We really need a win going into the international break. A draw will no doubt be portrayed by the club as a great result against a good side, but we're going to be marooned at the bottom very quickly unless we can grab a few wins from somewhere.

Rovers 1 Fulham 2 is my prediction.

Wish people would stop putting Lenihan and Akpan in the middle of the park together. Becoming so frustrating now.

Steele in net, sadly, so 0 organisation

Lowe (sadly) Greer Duffy Hendrie

Conway Byrne Lenihan Marshall (or even Mahoney)

Stokes Gallagher

And you put Byrne in there who has been completely useless since being here? Guthrie who is our only proper central midfielder and who did more in his hour or so than Byrne has done all season, has to start. Not sure how Wharton can be left out either. Don't even get me started on playing Lowe.

My team:

Raya

Marshall Greer Wharton Hendrie (or new LB)

Feeney Guthrie Akpan Conway

Graham Gallagher

What about playing Wharton in midfield, screening the back four? Can't be any worse than Akpan/Lenihan/Byrne, he has two good feet and is comfortable on the ball.

Reason I left Wharton out was due to playing on Saturday and Tuesday. He's only a young lad and wouldn't want to wear him out, but you are right I'd rather have Wharton in. True there.

Chose to play Lowe because we don't really have many other options. However, playing Marshall there may work but don't think he's defensively strong enough which will only be exacerbated by our very poor defensive organisation. It worked with good organisation.

Byrne hasn't been completely useless. He's getting a tough time on here for whatever reason. Have any of you just conveniently forgot Akpan's endless lists of terrible performances? Very strange mindset by some, has to be said. Byrne is currently our best midfielder - at least he can pass a ball, spread play and find space. The rest are square pegs in round holes.

Wouldn't mind seeing more of Guthrie but just assuming he's a half hour a month type of guy. That's all.

Reason I left Wharton out was due to playing on Saturday and Tuesday. He's only a young lad and wouldn't want to wear him out, but you are right I'd rather have Wharton in. True there.

Chose to play Lowe because we don't really have many other options. However, playing Marshall there may work but don't think he's defensively strong enough which will only be exacerbated by our very poor defensive organisation. It worked with good organisation.

Byrne hasn't been completely useless. He's getting a tough time on here for whatever reason. Have any of you just conveniently forgot Akpan's endless lists of terrible performances? Very strange mindset by some, has to be said. Byrne is currently our best midfielder - at least he can pass a ball, spread play and find space. The rest are square pegs in round holes.

Wouldn't mind seeing more of Guthrie but just assuming he's a half hour a month type of guy. That's all.

Lowe isn't good defensively though. Byrne is getting a tough time because he's a nothing of a player. I agree that Akpan is awful but I don't think he's any worse than the others (excluding Guthrie) and at least he'll pop up with a goal from time to time. Yep, if Guthrie could keep himself fit he wouldn't be here but when he is fit I think we've got to play him, can't believe he's been sat on the bench all season.

Lowe isn't good defensively though. Byrne is getting a tough time because he's a nothing of a player. I agree that Akpan is awful but I don't think he's any worse than the others (excluding Guthrie) and at least he'll pop up with a goal from time to time. Yep, if Guthrie could keep himself fit he wouldn't be here but when he is fit I think we've got to play him, can't believe he's been sat on the bench all season.

And when you have Lenihan AND Akpan in the middle who is the ball playing midfielder? :/ It's just redundant to play those type of players together. It's the reason we couldn't get out of our own half vs Norwich and the reason we couldn't get out of our own half in the 20 minutes they played together vs Burton. Surely that's there for all to see.

Byrne isn't a nothing player. He does a similar job to Akpan and has the benefits of being comfortable on the ball. Him and Lenihan are our better pair in the middle. Guthrie if he could stay fit of course.

And when you have Lenihan AND Akpan in the middle who is the ball playing midfielder? :/ It's just redundant to play those type of players together. It's the reason we couldn't get out of our own half vs Norwich and the reason we couldn't get out of our own half in the 20 minutes they played together vs Burton. Surely that's there for all to see.

Byrne isn't a nothing player. He does a similar job to Akpan and has the benefits of being comfortable on the ball. Him and Lenihan are our better pair in the middle. Guthrie if he could stay fit of course.

I don't think Lenihan is any better than Akpan to be honest, but yeah I agree that they can't/shouldn't be played together. That's why I suggested playing Scott in midfield, can't be any worse than what we've got surely?

Rovers 4-0 (Duffy 4) (Lowe misses 2 pens)

Att : 23,237 (63 from Fulham)

Slight delay to second half due to snow being cleared off the pitch

Raos in attendance for the full game

Pre match entertainment : Madam jumping into Bburn End and signing autographs and the big, fat one singing You're The First, The Last, My Everything from the new tv gantry in the Riverside

Jack Straw and Rob Coar streak onto pitch on 83 mins just in their y-fronts

Blackburn End packed to the rafters and absolutely bouncing as the good times return

Rovers 4-0 (Duffy 4) (Lowe misses 2 pens)

Att : 23,237 (63 from Fulham)

Slight delay to second half due to snow being cleared off the pitch

Raos in attendance for the full game

Pre match entertainment : Madam jumping into Bburn End and signing autographs and the big, fat one singing You're The First, The Last, My Everything from the new tv gantry in the Riverside

Jack Straw and Rob Coar streak onto pitch on 83 mins just in their y-fronts

Blackburn End packed to the rafters and absolutely bouncing as the good times return

Sh!t a brick. Where's my ticket!

Archived