BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham On Saturday 27Th August

I'm with you on this Chaddy. Never mind the opinions of the ones who watched the highlights and formed an opinion of the whole game. I too was there and although we were not good we were better and showed some improvement. I will take the opinions of the ones who were there but not the ones who watched three minutes and formed their opinions on that. Some of them don't want to admit that there was an improvement anyway because their agenda is to keep losing in the hope that the Venkys will give in and go.

We all want them to go but some of us want to see our team win too.

You cannot formed an opinion on 3 minute highlights.

I said on Saturday that they were an improvement and we were better structured and orgainsed.

Couldn't agree more Al. I can't understand anyone not wanting to see their team win.

Neither do I tbh.

Nobody has mentioned about being a better fan.

very correct.

I want to see my team win but I also want the owners gone

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot formed an opinion on 3 minute highlights.

I said on Saturday that they were an improvement and we were better structured and organised.

There was an improvement in structure and organisation. However I can't take any comfort from the fact we were just poor instead of really poor.

Let's not forget fulham are unbeaten this season,2nd in the league spent money,like most teams we play.I have had the misfortune of seeing one game via streaming this season,wigan and that was terrible.I take a little comfort from attendees when they say Saturday was better,in truth things can only get better after wigan.

Let's not forget fulham are unbeaten this season,2nd in the league spent money,like most teams we play.I have had the misfortune of seeing one game via streaming this season,wigan and that was terrible.I take a little comfort from attendees when they say Saturday was better,in truth things can only get better after wigan.

Ive been to two home games and watched the wigan game - I can safely say that we are worse than we have been since early days of Kean. We look THAT unorganised.

On saturday we camped in our own half - so some may see that as an improvement, I saw it as a way to stop us from conceeding lots of goals. It had that effect, but Fuham tried to pass it in and a team with more cutting edge wouldve destroyed us. The sitting in our own half also negated any impact of our players in their half, i.e. we didnt create hardlt any chances and spent 90 minutes chasing the ball.

Woefully set up. I believe Damien Johnson and Dunny would get more out of this lot, and I shudder at the thought of that!

• Backroom

Ive been to two home games and watched the wigan game - I can safely say that we are worse than we have been since early days of Kean. We look THAT unorganised.

On saturday we camped in our own half - so some may see that as an improvement, I saw it as a way to stop us from conceeding lots of goals. It had that effect, but Fuham tried to pass it in and a team with more cutting edge wouldve destroyed us. The sitting in our own half also negated any impact of our players in their half, i.e. we didnt create hardlt any chances and spent 90 minutes chasing the ball.

Woefully set up. I believe Damien Johnson and Dunny would get more out of this lot, and I shudder at the thought of that!

It's funny how people see the game differently. I agree we're worse than we've been for years (the worst I've seen us, certainly).

Yet I felt the Fulham game was an improvement because we DIDN'T camp in our own half as much as previously and took some of the fight to them.

Irrelevant, however, as we lost :P

Most new managers get a "dead cat bounce"of a few positive results when they take over..........1-4 to Norwich,then 0-3 to Wigan ?? :unsure::huh:

Conceding l these last minute goals is a hallmark going back to the Gary Bowyer era......basic lack of fitness in the players IMHO.

Assuming Venkys dont sack this clown,the only money he should be allowed to spend is going on a course learning how to set up a team to defend basics. And then send Coyle back on the course as telling him once isnt enough.

Leave all this "spending money"stuff to a proper manager.

Most new managers get a "dead cat bounce"of a few positive results when they take over..........1-4 to Norwich,then 0-3 to Wigan ?? :unsure::huh:

Conceding l these last minute goals is a hallmark going back to the Gary Bowyer era......basic lack of fitness in the players IMHO.

Assuming Venkys dont sack this clown,the only money he should be allowed to spend is going on a course learning how to set up a team to defend basics. And then send Coyle back on the course as telling him once isnt enough.

Leave all this "spending money"stuff to a proper manager.

Does he not get a bit of slack due to the farcical player sales and acquisitions policy adopted by the club.

He's lost 2 central defenders in a matter or weeks, and replaced them with Greer who's not trained since the end of last season.

I'm not Coyle fan, but maybe we're expecting miracles.

Does he not get a bit of slack due to the farcical player sales and acquisitions policy adopted by the club.

He's lost 2 central defenders in a matter or weeks, and replaced them with Greer who's not trained since the end of last season.

nope

It's funny how people see the game differently. I agree we're worse than we've been for years (the worst I've seen us, certainly).

Yet I felt the Fulham game was an improvement because we DIDN'T camp in our own half as much as previously and took some of the fight to them.

Irrelevant, however, as we lost :P

Strange game haha. I wouldn't watch it again but to me we hardly moved up the pitch, played so many long balls diagonally that it became an excuse to give them the ball back!

I thought we tried to pass it more in the Wigan, Norwich and Burton games and got done by pushing up. Watching on Saturday, it felt like Coyle had put more worth in the clean sheet than points.

I

No slack cut for him from me. He knew exactly what he was getting into but so great is his ego that he would have felt he could put together a team of frees and loans. And don't forget he prostituted himself for the job and offered to work for less than the other candidates.

The man has one success on his CV and dines out on that. When he leaves us let's see how many clubs are after him and where he ends up. Only a basket case club like ours could have fallen for his guff.

Youve called it dead right there,arbitro.

Coyle shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a cheque book to sign players......the way we (arent)set up under him is enough for anyone.......should have been sacked after the first match against Norwich.

Not fit to manage Bedlington Terriers who play at Doctor Pitt Welfare Park.

I would say no too, because, Greer has been ok, rather for me it's the way the team is set up, directionless, clueless as to what they were supposed to be doing, players played out of position then being hung out to dry etc I could go on but in spite of the difficult job he has, he seems to be doing everything wrong.

I saw Norwich and Wigan live and the other games on Rovers Player, this one was IMO the best, and we were still poor. Fulham weren't much better and didn't carry a constant threat. We played defensively and held back for most of the game. A draw would have been a fair result but Fulham were probably slightly better as they had Cairney who did play well. It seems like he has kicked on now taking the armband and all.

Fulham are second in the table because they beat us. Otherwise they would be mid-table.

A good manager can make an ordinary team better than the sum of their individual parts. That"s why we should've gone for Warnock.

Maybe we did go for Warnock, but Coyley just magically appeared out of nowhere.

No slack cut for him from me. He knew exactly what he was getting into but so great is his ego that he would have felt he could put together a team of frees and loans. And don't forget he prostituted himself for the job and offered to work for less than the other candidates.

The man has one success on his CV and dines out on that. When he leaves us let's see how many clubs are after him and where he ends up. Only a basket case club like ours could have fallen for his guff.

Maybe Stve kean will need an assistant manager in Brunei??

Archived