BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham On Saturday 27Th August

A repeated look through our squad, the guy on the touchline and the rest of the shambles BRFC (I refuse to say We) have become and It's difficult to see where the next point will come from.

Fulham 3-1.

Generous - it's difficult to see where the next goal is coming from.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From seeing Wharton in two matches now I would play him at right back. It's a bit less involved than centre back and could be a good place to start his development. He's too good to leave out altogether.

From seeing Wharton in two matches now I would play him at right back. It's a bit less involved than centre back and could be a good place to start his development. He's too good to leave out altogether.

That's the sensible way of doing things although it would hinder Captain fantastics devel value increasing exercise.

• Backroom

3-1 Fulham

I normally predict losses (the anti Mercer) and been right a lot so far!

Play Guthrie, we may as well give him a go

I'm shocked he made it through the match midweek. I expect a tweaked hamstring or twisted ankle before the weekend though.

Rovers 4-0 (Duffy 4) (Lowe misses 2 pens)

Att : 23,237 (63 from Fulham)

Slight delay to second half due to snow being cleared off the pitch

Raos in attendance for the full game

Pre match entertainment : Madam jumping into Bburn End and signing autographs and the big, fat one singing You're The First, The Last, My Everything from the new tv gantry in the Riverside

Jack Straw and Rob Coar streak onto pitch on 83 mins just in their y-fronts

Blackburn End packed to the rafters and absolutely bouncing as the good times return

Wow, I'd almost end my boycott for that one......if only the weather report said snow?

And impossible to see where the next clean sheet is coming from.

It's like we've wound the clock back to the K**n era.

Can't stop conceding, can't win games, tactically clueless, no faith in the manager, individual mistakes from plenty of players.

Far too many similarities between the 2.

• Backroom

It's like we've wound the clock back to the K**n era.

Can't stop conceding, can't win games, tactically clueless, no faith in the manager, individual mistakes from plenty of players.

Far too many similarities between the 2.

Yep. Add in the protests starting up again and we're basically back to 2012.

Flying in for weekend so a defeat....but at least I witness the car crash.

Here again and at QPR away and Rotherham at home.

Total points achieved out of my 3 games = 1

Cost of 2 trips = 1000 pounds+ (incl 2 x car hire)or 4 times my Season-ticket.

A Fan is for life not just for the Premiership

VENKYSOUT.

Is anyone else getting to the stage we were under with Kean in feeling that an odd win here and there was worse than a run of consecutive defeats? Even on Tuesday during the game. At 3-3 in extra time the result could have gone either way and been met with a sigh and a shrug.

A cup run could well keep Coyle & Son in the job whilst he isn't capable of producing the required results in the league.

Worse still, an unlikely win against Fulham could see the current fragile fan unity torn apart again as some cling onto any sign of hope. Especially if the young lad Wharton starts to shine in games: one lone (loud) voice in the JW upper on Tuesday did try valiantly to get a "he's one of our own" chant going but it didn't catch on (at all).

We all desperately want something or someone to believe in. A seige mentality spearheaded by young lads on the field could turn a few heads away from the main goal of ridding ourselves if Venkys. Yes, there'll be tough times ahead but I'd much rather get behind a young team working for honest owners in whatever division than ones who deliberately stop spending money they allegedly have and pile us in crippling debt - that they created to keep the current miserable charade going ad infinitum.

An emphatic Fulham win with Cairney running the show and scoring - with him being 'accidentally' selected as Peter Jackson The Jewellers' Man Of The Match Award - would be most humiliating for Venkys.

A 0-0 (which we are due) or a 1-0 Rovers win would temporarily lift a few fans but be another step backward into disunity.

Only a few short years ago I wouldn't have cared how we won or if we deserved it; I wouldn't have cared about any off the field issues. I just wanted Rovers to win every game and it ruined my weekend if we lost. This week I could barely bring myself to clap, let alone stand, for each of the four goals against Crewe: although I did.

What kind of club have Venkys turned us into when a Rovers fan can feel like this? :(

After Tuesday Guthrie should start, hopefully with Corry Evans to form the centre midfield. I don't know if the two of them could get through 90minutes without an injury though.

After Tuesday Guthrie should start, hopefully with Corry Evans to form the centre midfield. I don't know if the two of them could get through 90minutes without an injury though.

Difficult to see a start for Guthrie on the back of a cameo against tired league two opposition. Another substitute appearance to see if he is up to it in (and fit enough for) the Championship.

That said, Akpan has been terrible.

• Moderation Lead

I'm travelling down from Glasgow and will be meeting my new lady friend for a pre match drink and a bite to eat.

Really looking forward to it. Wonder whether we'll actually bother going to the game or not :rover:

Bloody hell OJF, you operate more quickly than Craig David!

Difficult to see a start for Guthrie on the back of a cameo against tired league two opposition. Another substitute appearance to see if he is up to it in (and fit enough for) the Championship.

That said, Akpan has been terrible.

He's more up to it than any of our other midfielders, as show on Tuesday he's a class above and has to start when fit.

Archived