BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham On Saturday 27Th August

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers just posted a ticket push page for Saturday. I see whoever is responsible for the website have decided to use less controversial language this time, fans reaction must have been discussed.

Given up predicting line-ups and scores.

Things that I won't be surprised to find out at 4.55pm tomorrow:

We concede within 20 minutes

A player reacts badly to being subbed

Lowe starts at right back

Steele flaps at at least one of the goals and several crosses

Central midfield is overrun

Cairney has game of his life

Marshall gets on the Fulham coach after the game to go and sign with them (after turning down a 25% pay rise here)

Graham looks fat and uninterested

And I avoid all things football for the rest of the weekend.

Still, there's always the White Lightening cup to look forward to, or whatever it's called nowadays (seriously is everything up for sponsorship these days?)

I hate football.

I know I'll be glued to this forum no matter how much I pretend to myself I won't.

Thanks Venkys, you've ruined the beautiful game for me.

Fulham have been terrible away for donkeys. A real soft touch at times. Maybe they are more resilient this time round.

Regardless, we are defensively atrocious and if you conceed at least two each week you will lose more often than not.

Rovers 0 Fulham 2.

As others have said the total failure to use pre-season effectively is completely unprofessional.

I had chicken tonight.

WankysOut

my team to face Fulham is

Raya; Lowe, Greer, Wharton, Williams; Conway, Guthrie, Akpan, Samuelson, Gallagher, Graham

Suns, Steele, Hoban, Feeney, Lenihan, Byrne, Stokes, Mahoney

I feel that we will get our first league win and by 2-1

chaddy you crack me up you always seem to pick a totally different side for each game. ^_^

I can't say I know much about the new players, be interesting to see how many of them are given a start, looks like most people are expecting Williams to be our first choice left-back now so he's probably the most likely to start. Although Hoban ahead of Wharton could be another change, even though it may seem a little harsh to drop the youngster we've no time for sentiment and should be playing our strongest line-up. Whether Coyle actually knows what our strongest line-up is at the moment is questionable, although it seems he obviously prefers a pretty rigid 4-4-2 line-up with Byrne with Akpan seeming to be his preferred central midfield pairing. Personally I'd like a switch back to the 4-4-2 diamond we played successfully last season. In theory at least this should see us a little more defensively solid with three central midfielders playing instead of just the two. Plus I think our options in the attacking midfield/winger position don't look fantastic at the moment and Conway is the only obvious starter for me and he could do the same role Bennett played last season. I'd have been tempted to say give Raya a start in goal but his midweek clanger may suggest that Steele, although unconvincing at times, may still be the safest pair of hands at the club.

------------------ Steele -------------------

Marshall -- Greer -- Hoban -- Williams

------------------- Lowe © -----------------

--------- Lenihan -------- Akpan ---------

------------------- Conway -----------------

---------- Gallagher -- Graham ----------

We need a win today, or at least a draw!

I'm expecting a tough but entertaining match.

Not sure what team he will put out.....but we will concede!

We must move Marshall to RB and after last week, Akpan and maybe Byrne should drop out.

Hope there's a few more on today to keep the protests going and possibly get some press coverage.

Come on you blue boys!!

Difficult to predict this one as it depends on which 'Fulham' turn up. Impossible to predict the team that Coyle will pick but being optimistic I'll go for a 2-1 win. This is a game we really do need to win with two difficult away games on the horizon after the international break.

Archived