BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced everyone thinks Venkys need to go. Not without an alternative...

I was in the Royal Oak (Pleckgate version) yesterday and got into a row 5 minutes after walking in.

'Venky's have put more money in than Jack ever did'

'Not their fault the fans don't want to watch when it's not Premier League'

'You protested against Wolves? Then you deserve relegation'

You hear this a lot, particularly in Blackburn itself, it ain't just Facebook groups.

We'll never unite.

The only chance left is should the club become available to buy Currie and Battersby are still interested.

I think Battersby and Currie would look at buying Rovers if the club was available but it would all come back to how bad the finances are the time, would Venkys sell to them.

Probably the best way for them to become owners would be buying the club from adminstration but I dont see the current owners ever letting that happen cos they wont get any money from club which they would if they sold it.

I was in the Royal Oak (Pleckgate version) yesterday and got into a row 5 minutes after walking in.

You hear this a lot, particularly in Blackburn itself, it ain't just Facebook groups.

We'll never unite.

Dear me. Let me guess....older fans?

Current advice is that the are not. :(

Where has that come from Stuart?

Battersby was on Radio Lancs about 3 weeks ago saying they still would consider it but with what Venkys have done (ignoring their proposals, lies etc etc) they couldn't do anything unless Venkys ,make contact with them rather than the Ian;'s continually having to make the running.

I don't get the impression its dead unless I have missed something somewhere. I live in hope.....as Paul says, probably our only hope!

We'll never unite.

Mind blowing.

Where has that come from Stuart?

Battersby was on Radio Lancs about 3 weeks ago saying they still would consider it but with what Venkys have done (ignoring their proposals, lies etc etc) they couldn't do anything unless Venkys ,make contact with them rather than the Ian;'s continually having to make the running.

I don't get the impression its dead unless I have missed something somewhere. I live in hope.....as Paul says, probably our only hope!

Darrenrover on here yesterday. From memory "Darren" (not his real name) has close links. Happy if you have heard it from the horses mouth though. :tu:

I'm still hopeful that they would deal with an administrator to purchase a League One Rovers.

I think Battersby and Currie would look at buying Rovers if the club was available but it would all come back to how bad the finances are the time, would Venkys sell to them.

Probably the best way for them to become owners would be buying the club from adminstration but I dont see the current owners ever letting that happen cos they wont get any money from club which they would if they sold it.

Which makes it even more ridiculous that they wouldn't even speak to these 2. The Club is worth nothing Chaddy so any hope they have of them getting out with anything is gone unless they get to the PL which is not happening if they don't spend on the squad. It has become a case of whether V's still want to keep covering the running costs now that they have run out of assets from which to cover that. Admin would put us straight in League One with the points deduction so why the hell wont they speak to the Ian's????

Same comment just different week/month/year!!!

Morons

Mind blowing.

Darrenrover on here yesterday. From memory "Darren" (not his real name) has close links. Happy if you have heard it from the horses mouth though. :tu:

I'm still hopeful that they would deal with an administrator to purchase a League One Rovers.

Not exactly horses mouth Stu, but he was on with Andy Baize and he asked battersby directly. I took hope ........for about 3 seconds!

When you hear those 2 speak though they definitely get it and what we are all about as a club , town, fanbase etc. Not exactly petro dollars but personally I ma not bothered about all that sh1te. We have lived through a sham for long enough and I would just love a bit of realism and local understanding to be perfectly honest. Nothing wrong with running it on a shoestring if that's what it is-as long as its run right and we all know what we are dealing and signing up to as fans.

We'll never unite.

To even mention Jack in the same breath as that lot is insulting. I have an impression that people like this want us to return to what they consider our 'natural order' so they can wear their misguided opinions as a badge of honour.

Really and truly the deserve owners like that Indian shower.

To even mention Jack in the same breath as that lot is insulting. I have an impression that people like this want us to return to what they consider our 'natural order' so they can wear their misguided opinions as a badge of honour.

Really and truly the deserve owners like that Indian shower.

There was a recent post equating Rovers fans as " Lions led by donkeys ". The fans in that post are " Donkeys led by donkeys ".

So, taking away protests and boycotts and 'getting behind the lads', what common ground does the current fanbase have?

Well, we all care about Blackburn Rovers FC and all those arguing the toss about it all post on this messageboard.

Right let's start there. How do we unite all a majority of the fans? (Assuming that this wasn't the whole point of WAR).

How do we get Parsonblue and Abbey on the same page? Answers on a postcard - or just a post.

What will uniting the fanbase achieve though? I’ve always been a sceptic of the protest attempts because I don’t see how they can possibly accomplish what we want them to. There are only 2 ways customers can hurt a business to my knowledge, financially and reputation-wise. But Venkys have racked up £100m of debt on Rovers in 6 years and don’t care. And their name is a by-word for incompetency throughout English football and they don’t care. So what ammo do Rovers fans have?

In general society there’s a distinction to be made between the success of protests in the public sector and in the private sector. When people protest against the government or local councils hard enough on a certain issue, they often get some kind of result. In the private sector when it’s hard-nosed business people you’re appealing to, the response almost invariably is silence. Philip Green, Mike Ashley, dare I say Donald Trump, these type of people are incredibly thick-skinned and simply couldn’t care less about people-power no matter how much of a racket is made.

I’ve felt like this for a good while personally. In fact, the very moment it hit me was around this time 5 years ago. We’d survived the disastrous plummet of the previous season under Kean by the absolute skin of our teeth (and in no small part thanks to points gained by Big Sam), after another chronic start there’d been protests to get shut of him, we were in severe jeopardy in the league and his performance as a manager had been pathetic by any standards you’d care to come up with. Venkys never batted an eyelid. From that point nothing they’ve done since has surprised me.

It’s an unwinnable fight and it’ll continue making people miserable and one by one we’ll give up and slink off until there’s a couple of thousand left watching us non-league and about 5 regulars on here. The only way out in my opinion is to start a new club. But that idea needs the support of the majority of the fanbase or it’ll inevitably fail. I suggested it a few months ago and received largely negative responses. I’m gonna keep suggesting it each time we get relegated, at some point opinions may change.

Stuart asked how to get the likes of mr and parson on the same page ....

The only way I set foot in ewood is for venkyscum to leave or someone else like Seneca to get 51% control ( mind you Phil , Jim & co don't recognise over 50% ;) ) , until then I won't be on the page of subsidising corruption at venky FC

Stuart asked how to get the likes of mr and parson on the same page ....

The only way I set foot in ewood is for venkyscum to leave or someone else like Seneca to get 51% control ( mind you Phil , Jim & co don't recognise over 50% ;) ) , until then I won't be on the page of subsidising corruption at venky FC

Yeah I know that. I think I've seen the T-Shirt around here somewhere. ;)

How do we get you on the same page before we get there? That's the tough one.

And the other question: Why try to unite the fanbase? Nothing ever got done with people working against each other. Everyone seems to be looking for a magic bullet. There isn't one. There's a hard slog and it starts with the first steps.

WAR so nearly started things. Let's hope the 18/75 isn't the end of it. Any word on whether the planned trip to Pune is going ahead still?

No talk of the club fixing the issues there or investing just 'it's the fans fault for not turning up'. You could just see that here next year in Div 3.

FA absolute shambles.

this is exactly the same way we're going................what an arrogant ignorant man Fisher is.........

The FA needs to look really hard at Coventry , etc as these owners aren't owning football clubs for football reasons

Interesting comments from this Coventry link about the owners not leaving while they are breaking even. Last year they made £1 million profit. This shows that they see the club purely as a business and have no respect for the fans BUT it also shows why they are not selling up. They make money from the club.

I think Blackpool still make fairly decent profits each year - Hence the Oystons hang on there.

So, two questions

1) Why do Venkys proclaim to lose £20 Million a year when no other clubs seem to ?

2) Why hang on to Rovers if they really are losing so much money ?

There just seems to be a big difference between Venkys and, literally, ALL other football club owners. The figures just don't add up.

Interesting comments from this Coventry link about the owners not leaving while they are breaking even. Last year they made £1 million profit. This shows that they see the club purely as a business and have no respect for the fans BUT it also shows why they are not selling up. They make money from the club.

I think Blackpool still make fairly decent profits each year - Hence the Oystons hang on there.

So, two questions

1) Why do Venkys proclaim to lose £20 Million a year when no other clubs seem to ?

2) Why hang on to Rovers if they really are losing so much money ?

There just seems to be a big difference between Venkys and, literally, ALL other football club owners. The figures just don't add up.

Clever accountants?

As an aside, I feel for those Coventry fans and that's coming from a Rovers fan!

Whilst there is no doubt the club loses millions at times it's almost seemed encouraged. Penny pinch, cut a cost here then go and waste millions there !

I think the books are well cooked at Rovers.

I know, its laughable. Lets just say they paid Henning Berg ten times more for his 37 days in charge than they spent on the squad in transfer fees in the August transfer window. I can feel a thread of ''ridiculous things to happen under Venkys '' coming on........................ and that's apart from the stupid things that have been said.

Clusterfeck of a club

Whilst there is no doubt the club loses millions at times it's almost seemed encouraged. Penny pinch, cut a cost here then go and waste millions there !

I think the books are well cooked at Rovers.

Was speaking to a Coventry fan who says he's surprised that it's taking so long at Rovers for the proverbial to properly hit the fan.. He went on to say if you get relegated the process will speed up.. Out of sight out of mind

Archived