BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

As today passes by its my 5th boycott .What a horrible feeling it is when "setting off time " approaches its one of the worse feelings I have had. There's a sick feeling and butterflies and a feeling of being dirty and betrayal. However this feeling is better than watching and supporting the murder of my team . When kick off arrives its like what do you do ,do I listen or try and find a stream (unlikely Wigan aside), we concede and its a gallows smile and when we score its a gallows smile .When I say we its a loose term because im referring to Venky FC.

How do fellow boycotters cope?

1970-2016 thanks for ruining my life Venkys .

#VENKYSOUT

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is certainly a strange feeling knowing Rovers are playing and I am not there. However I believe it is short term pain for long term gain and I am resolute and principled enough to see this through irrespective of how long it takes. I will be riding my bike later and ironically will cycle through Ewood on my way home.

I despise those Indians with every fibre in my body as should EVERY Rovers fan.

Wake up with match day excitement but then disappointment and anger that I cant go.

Thinking about the game...mental build up...what team will he play...hurry up 3pm...

But then when KO does arrive its strange. SSN on TV, Radio on, reading this MB...trying to feel part of it whilst not being part of it.

Strange hope in that another loss would bring the fans to unite closer and rid us of these #venkyscum. That a win would have some think everything will be alright and momentum is lost to apathy.

But I want us to win...how can I have both? How can we have #venkysout unless I give up the excitement and enjoyment of going to the game?

Last night I thought I might go tomorrow...already wavering in my boycott...I have regained my resolve though. Losing will make me feel at ease with my choice. A good win will make me feel bitter and angry that I cant be there to feel that special feeling.

#venkysout

They are to blame for our pain.

Wake up with match day excitement but then disappointment and anger that I cant go.

Thinking about the game...mental build up...what team will he play...hurry up 3pm...

But then when KO does arrive its strange. SSN on TV, Radio on, reading this MB...trying to feel part of it whilst not being part of it.

Strange hope in that another loss would bring the fans to unite closer and rid us of these #venkyscum. That a win would have some think everything will be alright and momentum is lost to apathy.

But I want us to win...how can I have both? How can we have #venkysout unless I give up the excitement and enjoyment of going to the game?

Last night I thought I might go tomorrow...already wavering in my boycott...I have regained my resolve though. Losing will make me feel at ease with my choice. A good win will make me feel bitter and angry that I cant be there to feel that special feeling.

#venkysout

They are to blame for our pain.

Pretty much my feelings.

Last week I actually went to the stadium, on the off chance that there might have been some protest. Now I know what it must be like to be a ghost.

Anyway,I sat by the JW statue and watched everyone going in. I spotted someone I knew and part of me wanted to shake him and say"WTF!" A very odd experience.

But sometimes, doesn't fate has a strange way of paying you back. A couple of days ago I got an offer to go with the kids, all expenses paid for the Rovers hospitality experience against Fulham..

If last week was an out of body experience....

. Maybe, I will accept the offer ...and go to confession afterwards LOL

I feel hardened to it. Every single day I read things that remind me why I don't attend, be it Venkys, their puppets or idiotic fans. For me it's more a matter of principle and a direct "@#/? you" to them... I think too much of myself to be treated like something on the bottom of their shoe, I'm not beneath them and never will be, they're a bunch of chicken farmers who are embarrassing themselves whilst the world watches... I'm sure as hell they're not going to embarrass me.

They don't deserve my/your support. The players down there are better being left to perform to the best of their abilities without a toxic atmosphere.

If you do feel yourself weakening (and I don't blame you) here are a couple of photos to keep you in the right frame of mind.

All one big happy family at one time, unfortunately no picture of Huber and Venkatesh to complete the set (probably in a family album in Pune)

1835038.jpg

662253-21735028-2560-1440.jpg

Im still abroad so couldnt be there anyway. I went to watch lorient bastia last week and last night concarneau paris fc. I find it easier to watch clubs i have a vague interest in but dont really care about than to watch a rovers team i don't recognise.

I found the initial part of boycotting easy as I'd moved to Ipswich for work so regular home games were always going to be difficult especially with a child on the way at the time. Saying that I've boycotted since the Kean days and only ventured to the ground once under Bowyer in Dec 2014 as I just missed everything that goes with the match day experience. I've found solace in following my hometown rugby league side Hull Kingston Rovers instead home and away. A rubbish side but I don't care, I'd go watch them in Swinton in Championship One if I had to because it is a well-run family club and it is in my blood. We were all once able to say the same thing about Rovers.

I'm finding myself teetering on the brink of breaking my boycott now. My little lad turns five this year and he wants to go to football with his dad. I don't want to put money in the Venkys coffers so it may well just have to be the odd away game, but I also want him to go to Ewood. Hopefully we get Venkys Out sooner rather than later. He wants a rovers kit but I'm resolute that they won't be getting a penny out of me.

Venkys! Destroying football for families since 2010 - would make a nice tag line.

I 'boycotted' under the final months of Kean. That was horrible but back then I was torn because I genuinely believed the only way he was going to go was if we lost games and I couldn't want us to lose games (ironically that wasn't the case in the end).

Ultimately it was the social aspect that I missed and not the action on the pitch. Fortunately Kean didn't last long enough that season for me to 'get out of the habit'. However I probably would have done with a long enough break.

Nowadays,I don't believe that losing and relegation will necessarily make this lot go. I don't believe attendances can ever get low enough to force them to leave. I do believe there are shady reasons why they won't sell and I do question myself every time I've set off for every game this season.

I'd miss the Wolves game (or any other) in a heartbeat if there was a targeted action to do so. I feel for those who want to go but are choosing not to go and if that's what you feel you must do, keep strong.

Archived