BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn Olympic would surely be seen as a rival club to Rovers so that might not take off. If someone formed a club called Blackburn Reds and they played in a version of a UTD strip that'd surely take off, sadly :blink:

Lancashire United ? :) not cropped up for a while

Lancashire United ? :) not cropped up for a while

Some saw it coming a while ago but this is the only way Blackburn, Blackpool, Accrington, Wigan, Preston, even Burnley will ever be able to really compete. Sure we'll get a go at being hammered every other week in pursuit of the extra cash in the meantime.

We are still decades away from this, if ever. Fans would rather be loyal to a non-league team, or even walk away from football completely than think bigger. That's obviously excluding those who would rather go and watch Citeh or United because "the kids want to go".

Perhaps if Rovers fold the new start up could have this in mind but I can't see it.

Oh, and it'd have to be Lancashire County because some folk struggle a bit otherwise.

Come February 1st, if the club hasn't addressed it's playing and managerial issues then there should be a complete boycott from all Rovers supporters forcing the club into administration.

That should have happened a long time ago IMO.

Creating a new club shouldn't be done unless a club dies or moves. As in the case of AFC Wimbledon the fans had no other choice they lost their club. Even the idea of creating a new one should not be encouraged, as to me it is like giving up on the fight. I wish i was based up north I would have love to get involved on a day to day basis and help out the movement.

I won't be boycotting lads.

Not purchasing a ticket for a company in serious debt, because you think it will rid us of people 5000 miles away who may or may not even own us!? How does that work? When you've explained it in an iron clad fashion, I'll accept the "baiting" of others who think differently.

I hate the football, I hate the emptiness, I hate the manager, I hate the lack of quality, I hate the decisions, I hate the league position etc etc - but I still love Blackburn Rovers. Find me a solution that works and I'll support it. Boycotting, dwindling fan numbers and sponsors just means further decline.

Not purchasing a ticket for a company in serious debt, because you think it will rid us of people 5000 miles away who may or may not even own us!? How does that work? When you've explained it in an iron clad fashion, I'll accept the "baiting" of others who think differently.

I hate the football, I hate the emptiness, I hate the manager, I hate the lack of quality, I hate the decisions, I hate the league position etc etc - but I still love Blackburn Rovers. Find me a solution that works and I'll support it. Boycotting, dwindling fan numbers and sponsors just means further decline.

You don't think your £20 a week in anyway helps that debt do you?

By all means support the club because its Blackburn Rovers, you don't have to hide behind excuses.

You lost me when you described our football club as a company. It's exactly that thinking that got us into this mess.

In its purest sense clubs have custodians not owners, if one of them starts trying to kill it then it needs another one.

If you want an animal to let go when it has locked its jaws onto something and it can't be tempted away then starving it of oxygen is probably the only option left. We'all have to worry about stemming the loss of blood, let alone healing the wound, once the immediate threat is removed.

NOTHING else has worked. Only removal of their oxygen is left as an option (tickets, merchandise and TV money and player sales) and they are doing their best to lose the TV money and player sales themselves by continuing to devalue the club.

If I'm honest, I'm not particularly looking forward to it.

You don't think your £20 a week in anyway helps that debt do you?

By all means support the club because its Blackburn Rovers, you don't have to hide behind excuses.

Completely agree Gav. I won't boycott because I support Blackburn Rovers it's as simple as that. I don't need to make excuses for my continued support, nor do those I travel up and down the country with supporting the Rovers. It's our club - irrespective of owners, managers or players - as you say, it's nothing more complicated than that. It's a love for the club I've supported all my life and nobody is going to change that, least of all some family on the other side of the world.

Fund the corruption then ,its up to you ,ive seen the light.

Completely agree Gav. I won't boycott because I support Blackburn Rovers it's as simple as that. I don't need to make excuses for my continued support, nor do those I travel up and down the country with supporting the Rovers. It's our club - irrespective of owners, managers or players - as you say, it's nothing more complicated than that. It's a love for the club I've supported all my life and nobody is going to change that, least of all some family on the other side of the world.

Funny how you use certain terminology to validate your point of view but if i was to look at Rovers as a 'company' I would surely think... "why would I give you money to be ignored, mistreated, blamed and made to feel insignificant?"

Blackburn Rovers isn't just the colours, the ground, the players, the manager... For me, its an idea thats OURS or at least it was but Venkys have taken that away from us.

In my view, you're investing your money into a poisonous and corrupt organisation but its up to you how you how you spend your cash. For me, it isn't a football club, that thing they've created that's masquerading as 'Blackburn Rovers' is a @#/? joke.

Could you explain how using the word "company" validated my opinion?

Its strange how one sentence in a longer post is what's replied to, rather than the general jist. I know the difference between a "product" and being a supporter, the point remains: the current trend of decline won't be halted by more boycotters, absentees etc. It does not guarantee they leave, but it does guarantee more cuts.

Find a solution, guarantee, a way to actively change the plight without potentially damaging it further is no picnic, but these discussions are never had. The "that group are venky lovers" is the preferable day to day chit chat for the remnants of this website!

Attract people to join together in unison by suggesting they are funding corruption...

Because it's not Blackburn Rovers anymore, it's just Venky Rovers.

Archived