BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

So how do we preempt this? Surely if it is so obvious then some of the journalists itk could do something, leak something, get them before they get us?

Almost seems to me that the whole football organisation (including the FA and PL) need bringing down for us to survive.

Here's a question: if Venkys closed Rovers down, no admin, no follow on sale, what happens to Ewood and Brockhall? Expecting that 'somebody' would sell off Brockhall - probably to Burnley FC just to really rub salt into the wounds - could the stadium be used by a bottom tier non-league Blackburn Phoenix club as a home ground (running costs notwithstanding)? Or could Venkys sell this land off for housing?

One thing is for certain, if Venkys are allowed to completely prevent Blackburn Rovers 2019 FC from playing at Ewood, I would absolutely blame the Walkers and Walker Trust for that.

My view is the Chicken Chokers end game is to run the club down to a point were the fan base ceases to exist as an effective force and then sell off everything they can with little or no opposition. That's been my opinion since it became clear they weren't prepared to back Lambert.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how do we preempt this? Surely if it is so obvious then some of the journalists itk could do something, leak something, get them before they get us?

Almost seems to me that the whole football organisation (including the FA and PL) need bringing down for us to survive.

Here's a question: if Venkys closed Rovers down, no admin, no follow on sale, what happens to Ewood and Brockhall? Expecting that 'somebody' would sell off Brockhall - probably to Burnley FC just to really rub salt into the wounds - could the stadium be used by a bottom tier non-league Blackburn Phoenix club as a home ground (running costs notwithstanding)? Or could Venkys sell this land off for housing?

One thing is for certain, if Venkys are allowed to completely prevent Blackburn Rovers 2019 FC from playing at Ewood, I would absolutely blame the Walkers and Walker Trust for that.

That's where the FA come in. Thankfully they have legislation in place to prevent parasitic owners from shutting clubs down and selling off the land. So nothing to worry about there, they'll come to the rescue in our hour of need......

Then suddenly the Wimbledon's and Coventry's spring to mind.

I've had a season ticket since I was 6 in the 93/94 season.

So 23 seasons in a row.

Last night, in particular, was so hard to watch, my love for Rovers is on the serious decline. I'm afraid it might be terminal!

21,000 empty seats! An uninterested team, the best player being a loanee!

That's where the FA come in. Thankfully they have legislation in place to prevent parasitic owners from shutting clubs down and selling off the land. So nothing to worry about there, they'll come to the rescue in our hour of need......

One thing I have learnt from all this. Nobody but nobody will come riding to our rescue. We're on our own. It's down to us.

My view is the Chicken Chokers end game is to run the club down to a point were the fan base ceases to exist as an effective force and then sell off everything they can with little or no opposition. That's been my opinion since it became clear they weren't prepared to back Lambert.

If you wanted a face saving stealthy exit that'd be it. Just let things rot for a few years whilst we slide further out of the public gaze then pull it to bits and quietly punt what's left on to some other no marks. You've then left quietly and not bust the club to bring worldwide attention to yourselves. The downscale sales have paid for the running of the club, it still exists but just as a tiny version of it's former self rattling around in the lower leagues on tiny gates and most unsuspecting or ill informed people just think that's their level because of the time that's past.

Corrupt @#/?.

Yeah, they'll send them on a course.

I've had this fear for some time. It's very plausible.

Looking back over what has happened since they arrived it is hard not to see it as asset stripping. Always somebody else's fault: the player wanted to leave, he was a bad egg, FFP, embargo, the parachute payments have run out, bad advice, bank lending has dried up, relegation, fans have walked away.

ALL of these things caused by the so-called owners. ALL of these things allowed to continue under the noses of the FA whose job it is to protect 'the game'.

Now, as our club stares ignominy in the face from the edge of our championship precipice, the spotlight shines on the stayaway fans again. Venkys simply keep their head down, make no comment and every single problem goes away - and takes a few hundred fans with it.

Boycotting is the only response fans can now make because nobody is listening to any of the concerns - even when they are put directly to the club.

Yet boycotting seems to be exactly what Venkys (or whomever owns our club) want. "Remove the final barrier to any covenants" - it's seems sound logic. No football fans means no need for a football club to service the demand. So any safeguards protecting land or venues for "the purpose of football" become moot, redundant even.

How do we fans fight that?

Can money that would have been spent on season tickets or match tickets be put into an escrow account specifically for use by the next owners? Could this be used to demonstrate that remains a demand for football whilst not giving any money to the owners? Would people buy in to this? It requires an awful lot of trust and fan unity. In principle it seems like the best of both worlds for the BRemainers and the Vexiteers...

I know a lot of people won't get behind starting up Blackburn FC because it's not "the rovers". But fast forward 2/3 years when the club is put into administration/liquidation. Only option being to start a Phoenix club. What are those people going to do then?it wouldn't be the rovers.

I'd get behind starting FC Blackburn now. If venkys stay for a few more years it would give a head start to the alternative team to represent the town.

If a club called,say, RoversFC were formed and had the financial support of whatever wealthy Rovers fans there are, 4 or 5000 fans should see it through the lower leagues and challenging for Football League status in a few short years.

Playing in Blackburn or its surrounds, in blue and white halves, it would be "our club".I would love that.

It's not impossible at all. Wimbledon have done it!

Best way to stick 2 fingers up to Venkys while having a good time as well!

The only problem I have, like a few on here, is "will I live long enough to see it?"

There are now about 6 or 7k turning up at Ewood and there's 140k people in the borough so i think a good few thousand would get behind it for sure even if thousands of hardcore roverites wouldn't. Going off present levels it would match a league 1 version of Rovers.

Trouble is what happens if Venkys do then bail or sell ? Two clubs or does everyone desert that one and go back to Ewood ! :unsure:

I don't think there will ever be 2 Rovers clubs, we won't be doing a UB40!

If a second club took off it would surely be after Rovers fans finally accepted that the Venky version was dead?

How many fans would be left by then? That could be a problem!

Imo it has to be done though.It's unthinkable that kids should grow up in Blackburn without a professional football to support.

I repeat----Wimbledon fans did it and they had fewer fans than us.

I'm in support of any other start up club and have been for a while now, HOWEVER, the problem with a pheonix club is longevity. If these people decide to leave someday then everyone will go back to Ewood and the efforts of the building the new club up will have gone to waste. I think a properly funded Blackburn Olympic would be a better idea considering there is some history already there. I feel the new club should be something of a fresh start and clean slate that will be a genuine professional outfit that is an alternative to supporting Rovers rather than building hanging on to it's coattails. People who come to support it will obviously sing about Venkys etc but I think what people need at this point is something fresh to believe in.

No, sorry! It's got to emerge from the funeral pyre of Rovers, a true Phoenix club!

I could not see myself supporting Blackburn Olympic.

By definition it couldn't begin till the old club had died.

After some period of thinking the demise of Blackburn Rovers was simply a possibility, for some months I've come round to the view that it is highly probable that BRFC will cease to exist in its present form.

We keep asking what the end game is with Venkys. I think it is just that----the end. There is no plan other than to sell every asset it's possible to sell, everything and everyone of value.

I'm in support of any other start up club and have been for a while now, HOWEVER, the problem with a pheonix club is longevity. If these people decide to leave someday then everyone will go back to Ewood and the efforts of the building the new club up will have gone to waste. I think a properly funded Blackburn Olympic would be a better idea considering there is some history already there. I feel the new club should be something of a fresh start and clean slate that will be a genuine professional outfit that is an alternative to supporting Rovers rather than building hanging on to it's coattails. People who come to support it will obviously sing about Venkys etc but I think what people need at this point is something fresh to believe in.

You can already support Blackburn Olympic. They play in the second division of the Blackburn Combination.

Archived