BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, am an attender when I can because I do not want to lose the lifelong feeling of supporting the Club.

What I cannot understand is that 'boycotting' needs to be coupled with joining in with protests and not becoming disillusioned and diffident.

Much respect for anyone actively boycotting, for a Rover with decades under his belt, it is obviously done with a heavy heart.

For those boycotters that still actively follow events at the club, still post on brfcs.com etc, you can see a day when they return. However for some boycotters, and for others that have just stopped going for whatever reason- a year away from Ewood turns into two that turns into five/six/seven- any fire for the Rovers will largely be gone- new hobbies, a family may have come along with financial pressures, left the area etc.

Venky's finally leave in, lets say 2019, with the club a smouldering wreckage in League 1 (or 2?), who will return out of the lost 20,000? A quarter? A fifth?

Unless they go in the next 12/18 months, I believe we will be past the point of no return- if we aren't already.

I really feel for the Blackpool fans. The money men of the game don't care about all that. It's just profit margins and were they can exploit the next quid from. Without the whole thing imploding on itself sadly it will never change. Football now reflects society. The rich get richer and have all the power why the poor struggle to fend for themselves. Rovers are in a mess and I've no doubts will be reading identical articles about us to the one posted. I watch Stockport now and then in a virtual empty stadium paying £20 a ticket to watch curzon Ashton and Solihull moors. It breaks my heart thinking this could be us. More and more people are seeing What football really is. A smokescreen for the rich, corrupt backslappers to use as a tool to distract and profit from years of loyalty, passion and dedication. Makes me sick.

Although it is only this year I have stopped attending, my concern, disgust and unhappiness was evident form the minute these owners potted Allardyce. Unlike many who celebrated his removal, I could not enjoy any match following his sacking under the lying drunkard. There are many on here who were glad to see him let go, getting little boy excited at the thought of pretty triangles and a new way of playing. More fool them.

I therefore stopped enjoying it immediately and predicted instant relegation. Which we avoided. Just.

I hated the following year with the inevitable relegation and thought when the drunkard left we may be able to move on. The madness continued at pace with Black, Berg, Appleton and then Bowyer. I hated every minute. Poor football, waxing millions, no-one cared, crap atmosphere.

Perhaps to explain my principles it is worth mentioning I would have stopped attending far sooner had my poorly mother and son not wanted to carry on attending. Well my mother has passed away now and that link has gone and my son studies in Newcastle so cannot attend.

As a business owner I decided, not before time, to open my shop at weekends instead of going to the Rovers on my own. I open until 1pm then see my kids. I am far happier doing this than trailing down to an empty, soulless Ewood.

I love sport and football in particular and have played, coached, supported and worked in football and wider sport for 25 years now. However I can safely say I do not in anyway miss the product on offer, have zero respect for any of our players or management, have found it far more enjoyable not attending and feel that in not going somewhere to be abused that I am being cleansed from all the deceipt, lies and skulduggery that revolves around everything Rovers.

I am not missing it at all.

Not a penny more. Venkys Out.

Yes indeed the sacking of Sam was a clear signal for some of us of what was to come. An Indian woman who had confessed to knowing nothing about Football and the first thing she does is go back on her word and sack the manager.

I couldn't agree more. Anybody with half a brain would have left things well alone until they had got a feel for the situation. Changing horses for no good reason in mid season was a crazy decision. Trouble is the Chicken Chokers haven't got half a brain between them.

When my son sent me a text saying Sam had been sacked the first thing I did was have a quick look at the league table to see how many points we were off the 40 you usually have as a target. I was that convinced we were dealing with idiots.

Good to see, administration will be a hard process but the only way we will get back.

Is it?

I don't see administration as the end game, just resignation from the league and the club shut down. Once crowds get low enough for the Venky's to claim a football club is no longer viable in the town.

The continuous downward spiral will eventually achieve that.

Good to see, administration will be a hard process but the only way we will get back.

The only positive from administration is I expect it would show who the true owners are. If one thing is abundantly clear today Venky's may be the apparent owners but in reality they are not.

Sadly I think this could mean the club closing to avoid administration and exposing those who have clearly broken regulations and quite likely the law.

The only positive from administration is I expect it would show who the true owners are. If one thing is abundantly clear today Venky's may be the apparent owners but in reality they are not.

Sadly I think this could mean the club closing to avoid administration and exposing those who have clearly broken regulations and quite likely the law.

Our only hope one day you feel is administration, as you say, or perhaps one of the masterminds/partners behind our downfall dropping a clanger or getting the hump. Either way though, right now there just seems no end in sight and it's absolutely sickening.

I pray to God that the shysters behind all of this, V's included, get brought to justice as Abbey said.

Went to the new shirt launch of my Rugby League club. The away shirt is great, I'll be getting one of those. Live band on later playing " Cream " covers. Well at least they were trying. Then I got home to look up the score.

Looking at what Sale have done Cas and how NRL clubs are offering teenage prospects £300k a year RL in this country is going to same way as lower league football.

So how do we preempt this? Surely if it is so obvious then some of the journalists itk could do something, leak something, get them before they get us?

Almost seems to me that the whole football organisation (including the FA and PL) need bringing down for us to survive.

Here's a question: if Venkys closed Rovers down, no admin, no follow on sale, what happens to Ewood and Brockhall? Expecting that 'somebody' would sell off Brockhall - probably to Burnley FC just to really rub salt into the wounds - could the stadium be used by a bottom tier non-league Blackburn Phoenix club as a home ground (running costs notwithstanding)? Or could Venkys sell this land off for housing?

One thing is for certain, if Venkys are allowed to completely prevent Blackburn Rovers 2019 FC from playing at Ewood, I would absolutely blame the Walkers and Walker Trust for that.

Looking at what Sale have done Cas and how NRL clubs are offering teenage prospects £300k a year RL in this country is going to same way as lower league football.

Yeah it's not looking good. My little club is thriving at the moment but the age profile of the fans is worryingly old. My view is Super League was a massive error and Summer Rugby wasn't the greatest move either.

So how do we preempt this? Surely if it is so obvious then some of the journalists itk could do something, leak something, get them before they get us?

Almost seems to me that the whole football organisation (including the FA and PL) need bringing down for us to survive.

Here's a question: if Venkys closed Rovers down, no admin, no follow on sale, what happens to Ewood and Brockhall? Expecting that 'somebody' would sell off Brockhall - probably to Burnley FC just to really rub salt into the wounds - could the stadium be used by a bottom tier non-league Blackburn Phoenix club as a home ground (running costs notwithstanding)? Or could Venkys sell this land off for housing?

One thing is for certain, if Venkys are allowed to completely prevent Blackburn Rovers 2019 FC from playing at Ewood, I would absolutely blame the Walkers and Walker Trust for that.

Ewood would get stripped bare making it unusable until it became derelict. Then demolished and the land sold off.

Archived