BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

It’s an unwinnable fight and it’ll continue making people miserable and one by one we’ll give up and slink off until there’s a couple of thousand left watching us non-league and about 5 regulars on here. The only way out in my opinion is to start a new club. But that idea needs the support of the majority of the fanbase or it’ll inevitably fail. I suggested it a few months ago and received largely negative responses. I’m gonna keep suggesting it each time we get relegated, at some point opinions may change.

Was thinking about this the other day and think this may be right. The fight may very well be unwinnable.

Now don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I don't hate Venkeys nor does it mean we shouldn't fight and oppose them just because it's unwinnable - some fights are worth fighting regardless. But I am increasingly convinced it is unwinnable.

This mainly comes because I look at how other clubs have protested - in a far more significant and united way than we have. Coventry, Charlton, Blackpool - they've all caused a lot more havoc, discomfort and generated more media interest than we have. Ultimately though, what have they got to show for it? Their owners are no nearer going or not running the club as a basket-case. Not saying that means we don't fight but...

Contrast that with the relative success of AFC Wimbledon and FC United. AFC Wimbledon are now in the same division as MK Dons! Again, I'm not sure this is the right way to go, but in terms of relative effectiveness it is food for thought...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlton fans are now of the opinion that Roland will now continue to drag them down out of spite because of the hassle they've given him. There was definitely an element of that from the Oystons but when you look at those 3 and us we all had some value in us despite all posting modest loses. We've all been asset stripped to varying degrees then scaled back to a cheap shadow version of what we were a few years ago and yet most probably still post ridiculous losses.

All 4 blatantly owned for non footballing reasons and all four probably used for some complex almost legal money laundering/tax evasion by the various owners whilst in our case being run by agents for their cut.

The FA is more corrupt than the KGB

Just read an interesting article in the Mail from Christmas eve about Readings ownership. It was saying things along the lines of their ownership reneged on it's promises to pay off debts on takeover and a lot suspected they'd never actually spent much of their own money at all. Others happy they were paying the bills to keep the club going yet conspiracy theorists thought they'd lent the club money to a lesser value than the parachutes then taken them back in full to make a profit.

A lot of it similar to what some suspect at Rovers although most centered around land around the ground down there. You could just substitute the land for players though in regards to Rovers/Venkys and i'm pretty sure if they could get away with it or it was really worth huge bucks a lot of Rovers fixed assets would've been sold by now.

Something goes on at Ewood though in regards to the finance, no way never till i'm blue in the face will i have it these lot are pouring money down the drain for nothing. Amazes me though how our full story is being kept out of the media whilst Vs hide behind this 30 mill a season pumped in bull fed to SKY by the hidden forces.

• 1 month later...

Anyone thinking of returning for few games now coil is gone. I am thinking about the Wigan game at home and not sure what to do yet. On one hand I want to get behind the team (FFS!) at least until the bitter end of the season. Not sure what my 'come on Rovers' every twenty minutes would do to help however coil made boycotting an easier choice.

Just now, chor808 said:

Anyone thinking of returning for few games now coil is gone. I am thinking about the Wigan game at home and not sure what to do yet. On one hand I want to get behind the team (FFS!) at least until the bitter end of the season. Not sure what my 'come on Rovers' every twenty minutes would do to help however coil made boycotting an easier choice.

Well I am tempted...but we have been here before( I keep reminding myself!) I have allowed myself to buy two tickets for tonight anyway. 

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well I am tempted...but we have been here before( I keep reminding myself!) I have allowed myself to buy two tickets for tonight anyway. 

I should have done that! Not far from me either, can you do a 'come on rovers' for me please.

Just now, chor808 said:

Your choice, Chor. I wouldnt dig anyone out for returning.

HirinI boycotted because  I couldn't support the owners, or the manager.

Ive certainly questioned whether I will give in and see a game before the season is out, Ive not wavered yet.

The managerial merry go round is nothing but a side show, nothing has changed.

I fell for the Lambert appointment, then they treated him like an idiot and forced him to leave, I won't be falling for it again.

Not a penny more until those 3 rats leave the club.

Would have been able to go tonight so would have done so had it been POD but there's the new ground factor as well. Thing is Mowbray is a guy i feel i want to get behind so i might well end this seasons Ewood exile for the next match.

Wasn't boycotting just because of Coyle iv'e had enough of the whole pantomime but i was still in two minds until his appointment pushed me over the edge. I took it as the ultimate 2 fingers and i still think it was but from Venkys i'm not sure given that fat waste of space wouldn't have had even half a clue how crap Coyle was or the feelings towards him. Whoever was pressing the buttons clearly did though and that's horrific but it's obvious they are an agency scorned at the min so i'm happy with that if nowt else.

Besides staying away has caused me more aggro than going and being angry in a place i can actually vent, a football ground is a better place for therapy than social media for an angry fan :o

Just now, Gav said:

Shearer is all over the Indian media slamming Venkys ownership of the club.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/venkys-should-sell-blackburn-rovers-feels-alan-shearer-4553310/

Good effort Al

I think this warrants its own thread Gav? Fantastic by Shearer!

Yes, good effort by Shearer here - but why is he suddenly being vocal about this, and why only in India - we need high profile support for the 'Get Venkys Out' campaign here in the UK. Unless, of course, this is a plant by a media agency to provide a face-saving opportunity for Venky's to be able to withdraw 'gracefully' in the eyes of their countrymen? Personally I don't care whether they withdraw gracefully or disgracefully - I just want this nightmare to be over, and for the Rovers to be rid of the cancerous forces that have destroyed our heritage (and yes, that especially includes the Huber Anderson sports mis-management idiots who think we can't see their dirty fingers in the spoiled pie).

Great work by Alan Shearer.

He has already spoken out in the UK against the Venkys. He is in India at a football event and has seized the opportunity to criticise the Venkys on their home soil.

We could not have bought the publicity the VenkysOut campaign is now getting for free in India.

Well done Alan, a true Rovers Legend.

Another link to Shearer in India:

https://sports.ndtv.com/football/alan-shearer-asks-blackburn-rovers-owners-to-back-the-club-1665907

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

Yes, good effort by Shearer here - but why is he suddenly being vocal about this, and why only in India - we need high profile support for the 'Get Venkys Out' campaign here in the UK.

There are two possibilities.

1. Thinking back to the Jim White piece, it's possible that one of their pals in their little cosy group has been financially stung by Venkys, and they're making a concerted effort to damage their reputation, now that the honey pot has run out for them.

2. Championship level is about where most pundits are satisfied to see little old Rovers. The fact that we're teetering on the edge of dropping down a league has finally given some of them a wake-up call to focus on the owners, rather than the fans. It was the fans fault we were relegated under Kean, who was abused terribly, remember! But now it's the owners' fault!

Archived