BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

My point being Tyrone, that selling players in nothing new. The reasons may be different but the result is the same - a weaker team, disillusioned supporters staying away and a drop down the Leagues.

At the end of the day, if they don't want it to get better then boycotting plays right into their hands. Much easier to run it down even more once we are out of the championship. For me, it is important that there is still a club that is functioning and employing folk, so that when the ownership changes - and it will at some point in the future - there is something left to build on. Sadly, history has shown that once people stay away for any length of time the tendency is that they never come back.

How dare you slag boycotters as playing into there hands , this post has angered me more than any post I've EVER read on here . It took me 5. Years but I a was not happy at feeding the dodgy corruption that's going on at ewood and enough is enough I won't feed the corruption .

Are you on the venky pay roll ? .. because the venkyganda that's been posted by yourself the last couple o daysf certainly makes it look that way . If your not then I apologise but if you are then it would explain a hell of a lot . By venky payroll I mean anyone being paid at rovers .

I admire your optimism

optism ? I'd say it's more brainwashing

Right at this moment in time sits a man in Brunei with several million quid of Blackburn Rovers money in his tax haven bank account. This guy came into Rovers as an unemployed cones and bibs man on a few grand per week then left a few years later a millionaire through his connections to the 3rd party AND the Venky mob. Leaving behind him a mess of epic proportions that still hasn't been cleared up today because no one with any power has actually tried to clean it up, why would they when there was still money to be made.

This isn't conspiracy it's cold hard facts and he's just the tip of the iceberg, the only one we really know about and really makes the Rovers situation rather unique in comparison to most other clubs in a mess. I'm sure had this happened in the 60's or 70's there'd have been uproar of probably a more aggressive style than we see today.

Apart from league position there really can't be too much to draw comparison to from days gone by.

The question has to be ... why do the likes of parson choose to ignore all this and pretend it's not true ?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day, if they don't want it to get better then boycotting plays right into their hands. Much easier to run it down even more once we are out of the championship. For me, it is important that there is still a club that is functioning and employing folk, so that when the ownership changes - and it will at some point in the future - there is something left to build on. Sadly, history has shown that once people stay away for any length of time the tendency is that they never come back.

Boycotting doesn't really play into their hands. Although in fairness that's because I'm not sure they are running it into the ground. More that they are ignoring the club and hoping it will just go away of its own accord. If the club starts to bite back by costing them money they might need to act.

The alternative future is where the club washes its own face in League One or possibly League Two. They haven't factored in that those staying away because of THEM are actually from hardcore stock rather than fair weather. This means that the 'crowds' that carried the club last time we were in the third tier will not donsonthis time around. Their continued involvement in the club is a daily slap in the face for fans because they could change it whenever they felt like it - which makes our current plight a form of cruel and unusual punishment relatively speaking.

But our fanbase is about to become lower League One level. It does beg the question though, Parson: at what point would you be moved to act? Would a relegation battle with the same old platitudes and Venkys still lingering like a bad smell in the background be enough? At what point does this stop being 'all part and parcel of the peaks and troughs of football' and become a story more akin to that of Accrington Stanley? Or are you comfortable with years and years of Non-League football?

The answer will no doubt be that many failed managers and over promoted coaches have been paid off followed by a shoulder shrug, it's just football we've seen it all before. We are just having a lean time in the great cycle of things :angry:

Yeah right, except this lean cycle is set to carry on and get leaner than ever before unless something very drastic is done. There'l be no comparisons from the 70's to draw if we end up in league 2 or bust !

So I see Blackburn Rovers, any shaving cream, McDonalds, Lucasfilm and Hurns bakery in woodnook the same after saying;

"I hate the football, I hate the emptiness, I hate the manager, I hate the lack of quality, I hate the decisions, I hate the league position etc etc - but I still love Blackburn Rovers. Find me a solution that works and I'll support it. Boycotting, dwindling fan numbers and sponsors just means further decline."

Sorry Neal, the reality is; we differ on the view of a solution. I don't need to use paradox or "brain washing" to validate my views. My opinion, is that alone! An opinion forged from my experience.

I think some people forget it hurts just as much for me.

Not at all but your argument perhaps in part was based on looking at it as a company. I'm wise enough to know that you think more of it than that but of we were then my original point still stands... Why would anyone give a company like that any money? They could call it Blackburn Rovers, play in blue and white, still ar Ewood but it's anything but the club we once had and deserve... Kidding yourself otherwise.

Customers have choices.

My ST money went towards a new gun. I am keeping the Italian gun makers in work.

They gave you a gun? Strewth!

The wife said to me just now , get your arse back to ewood as I'm doing here head in ... it ain't happening

I know how she feels.

Boycotting doesn't really play into their hands. Although in fairness that's because I'm not sure they are running it into the ground. More that they are ignoring the club and hoping it will just go away of its own accord. If the club starts to bite back by costing them money they might need to act.

The alternative future is where the club washes its own face in League One or possibly League Two. They haven't factored in that those staying away because of THEM are actually from hardcore stock rather than fair weather. This means that the 'crowds' that carried the club last time we were in the third tier will not donsonthis time around. Their continued involvement in the club is a daily slap in the face for fans because they could change it whenever they felt like it - which makes our current plight a form of cruel and unusual punishment relatively speaking.

But our fanbase is about to become lower League One level. It does beg the question though, Parson: at what point would you be moved to act? Would a relegation battle with the same old platitudes and Venkys still lingering like a bad smell in the background be enough? At what point does this stop being 'all part and parcel of the peaks and troughs of football' and become a story more akin to that of Accrington Stanley? Or are you comfortable with years and years of Non-League football?

Tell me something that might influence or, indeed, impact on the owners and I'm happy to listen. Walking in on 18 and out on 75 achieved what exactly? It may have made people feel as if they were doing something but the reality is that the owners probably didn't even know it happened. Football today is no longer about being owned by the local butcher, baker and candlestick maker. Look at the takeovers that are happening and they are large concerns from every corner of the world who see potential profit from owning football clubs, particularly in the Premier League and Championship. I would love to go back to how the game was forty or fifty years ago but it isn't going to happen. Stuart, I honestly believe that no matter what happens in terms of protests etc. at Ewood, the present owners will only leave when they want to. When they do decide to go I suspect that they will sell to another foreign owner who will see the purchase as a potential profit making exercise.

How dare you slag boycotters as playing into there hands , this post has angered me more than any post I've EVER read on here . It took me 5. Years but I a was not happy at feeding the dodgy corruption that's going on at ewood and enough is enough I won't feed the corruption .

Are you on the venky pay roll ? .. because the venkyganda that's been posted by yourself the last couple o daysf certainly makes it look that way . If your not then I apologise but if you are then it would explain a hell of a lot . By venky payroll I mean anyone being paid at rovers .

optism ? I'd say it's more brainwashing

The question has to be ... why do the likes of parson choose to ignore all this and pretend it's not true ?

The point I was making Abbey, perhaps clumsily I'll admit and certainly wasn't meant as having a go at those boycotting, is that if the owners are looking to run the club into the ground intentionally it will be much easier to do so in League One, or indeed Two, with fewer and fewer folk in attendance at Ewood and thus far from the media spotlight. Once we are in League One nobody in the media is going to be interested in how we got there. It will be a five minute story of how the former Premier League Champions have fallen on hard times and then the media will move on and return to covering the Premier League. As I said to Stuart above, I don't believe that anything that happens at Ewood will influence the owners, particularly if they are continuing to hold onto the club for reasons of their own. All supporters can do is either attend or boycott. We all make a choice. I choose to continue supporting the club despite the obvious issues with the owners. However, I have nothing but admiration for you in being able to stay away and I know how much it must hurt on a Saturday afternoon.

Tell me something that might influence or, indeed, impact on the owners and I'm happy to listen. Walking in on 18 and out on 75 achieved what exactly? It may have made people feel as if they were doing something but the reality is that the owners probably didn't even know it happened. Football today is no longer about being owned by the local butcher, baker and candlestick maker. Look at the takeovers that are happening and they are large concerns from every corner of the world who see potential profit from owning football clubs, particularly in the Premier League and Championship. I would love to go back to how the game was forty or fifty years ago but it isn't going to happen. Stuart, I honestly believe that no matter what happens in terms of protests etc. at Ewood, the present owners will only leave when they want to. When they do decide to go I suspect that they will sell to another foreign owner who will see the purchase as a potential profit making exercise.

We've done this a few times now and when it gets sticky you stop responding.

The 18/75 was never the answer, it was the start. It was to rally the fans together around a very easy demonstration of unity. Some people couldn't be bothered. Since then everyone has been waiting for the next stage - which hasn't come.

Tell me how Rovers 2016 is a profit making exercise though? Any new owner will have to take on £100m-plus in debt. (If Venkys were prepared to write that off then there would be other bidders).

The concern at this stage is not that they will sell us up, it's that they will shut us down. The question is when.

How far down should we let them take us before we say enough is enough? It sounds like you will simply keep watching until the end. Just please never ever turn around and say why didn't anyone do anything? Because you are one of the people preventing a 100% protest of any shape or form.

You say "tell me something [that would work]". The trouble with that is twofold: one nobody knows what will eventually work (we didn't know that 'Kean Out' would lead to Shebby which would lead to him going - until we tried), and, two, no matter what was suggested you would ALWAYS say "no" because "it won't work". So you are being disingenuous in even asking the question.

How far down should we let them take us before we say enough is enough? It sounds like you will simply keep watching until the end. Just please never ever turn around and say why didn't anyone do anything? Because you are one of the people preventing a 100% protest of any shape or form.

Spot on Stuart. A few years ago we had a home support of 20-22k. Very sad to see that only a few hundred are now prepared to try and make a stand.

We are a much bigger football club than either Blackpool or Charlton but their fans put us to shame.

In Blackburn, apathy reigns.

I totally understand both side of ParsonBlue argument and other side arguments.

The biggest problem is Venkys and their lack of interest and attending games which they dont. But Charlton and Blackpool owners both attend their games which ours dont

Its really hard how we can influence them to sell Rovers. (I'm open to ideas and thoughts)

But I want to make sure that any new owner(probably foriegn) still has a championship club to buy and one that can achieve promotion back to the Premier League.

also I could never imagine me not attending homes games and supporting my team with the passion I show from my seat and my desire to win games. I love going to Ewood Park and I have so great memories there and seen some great players.

I really hurts me when I see what has happened to my club in the last 5 years But I will not be forced out of my club by anyone.

also I could never imagine me not attending homes games and supporting my team with the passion I show from my seat and my desire to win games. I love going to Ewood Park and I have so great memories there and seen some great players.

I really hurts me when I see what has happened to my club in the last 5 years But I will not be forced out of my club by anyone.

I'll try and ask you this more gently than other will Chads.

If you could never imagine yourself not attending home games, why did you say if Coyle got appointed you wouldn't renew?

Everyone has their breaking point - even you my friend. You just don't know where yours is yet.

I'll try and ask you this more gently than other will Chads.

If you could never imagine yourself not attending home games, why did you say if Coyle got appointed you wouldn't renew?

Everyone has their breaking point - even you my friend. You just don't know where yours is yet.

disappointed by appointing Coyle when we could have got Warnock or Joyce or look for lower league manager like Keith Hill or Gareth Ainsworth. I felt we could have got a Simon Grayson if we showed some ambition

But then I realised that I would miss attending games and supporting my club.

disappointed by appointing Coyle when we could have got Warnock or Joyce or look for lower league manager like Keith Hill or Gareth Ainsworth. I felt we could have got a Simon Grayson if we showed some ambition

Believe me, those boycotting also miss attending games and supporting their club..

Talking about Keith Hill anybody seen where little Rochdale and Keith Hill are in their league ? They stand a decent chance of passing us on the way up as we drop down a division. Of course he was nowhere near good enough for the mighty Rovers.

And we don't miss it ? Sighhhhhhh

Bloody hell Chaddy. Earlier today in the match thread you said you wanted Irvine to take over when Lambert left.

We've done this a few times now and when it gets sticky you stop responding.

What's the point Stuart? You have your view and I have my mine. The fan base is split because we are all individuals and have our own views. I'm not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. It's one of the reasons why there has been so little traffic on this board over the past few weeks. At the end of the day life is too short to keep going over and over the same ground and hence I, like many others, don't bother posting much. Those who want to boycott will. Those who want to protest will and those who don't want to do either with continue to go to Ewood and watch the football and support the team as best they can.

What's the point Stuart? You have your view and I have my mine. The fan base is split because we are all individuals and have our own views. I'm not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. It's one of the reasons why there has been so little traffic on this board over the past few weeks. At the end of the day life is too short to keep going over and over the same ground and hence I, like many others, don't bother posting much. Those who want to boycott will. Those who want to protest will and those who don't want to do either with continue to go to Ewood and watch the football and support the team as best they can.

QED

I'm a boycotter but I cracked and went on the Blackburn End today (again)...have you seen the 100,000,000 Holes synopsis of BRFC's current existential plight as a result of the last 6 years of the Venkys stewardship of our team?

Stuart and Parsons Blue - your difference of opinion is irrelevant in Rovers' ongoing decline.

Big protests or little protests or oblivious no protest - all that really matters is how best you as an individual cope or deal with what is occurring at Ewood Park.

It doesn't really matter if Blackpool or Charlton or whoever seem to be more robust in their approach to confronting poor/dire ownership. We have shouted in an empty room for the last 5 or 6 years...most of our protests have been a form of therapy or a coping mechanism. The protests won't necessarily provide a silver bullet against the monsters that have abused and contaminated our club but that does not make them any less worthwhile.

This sums it up

I'm a boycotter but I cracked and went on the Blackburn End today (again)...have you seen the 100,000,000 Holes synopsis of BRFC's current existential plight as a result of the last 6 years of the Venkys stewardship of our team?

Stuart and Parsons Blue - your difference of opinion is irrelevant in Rovers' ongoing decline.

Big protests or little protests or oblivious no protest - all that really matters is how best you as an individual cope or deal with what is occurring at Ewood Park.

There's no 'I' in 'team'.

This isn't about individuals, it's about a collective. We should not stop looking for a chink in the armour. We should not accept that everything is futile. We should stand up for our club together or go our separate ways. It's that stark.

United we stand; divided we fall.

It doesn't really matter if Blackpool or Charlton or whoever seem to be more robust in their approach to confronting poor/dire ownership. We have shouted in an empty room for the last 5 or 6 years...most of our protests have been a form of therapy or a coping mechanism. The protests won't necessarily provide a silver bullet against the monsters that have abused and contaminated our club but that does not make them any less worthwhile.

This sums it up

I fully agree.

Who's suffering?

Venkys certainly couldn't give a chuff.

I hate not going to Ewood and think that may be being counter productive to our aims.

Get to Barnsley on Boxing Day and COYB!

Archived