BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boycott Feeling

ABBEY

Last time I looked it was still Blackburn Rovers in the League table. It would appear that this club Venky Rovers seems to exist only in the mind but not in reality.

The sad thing is that it is the other way around.

It looks like Rovers but it's a pale imitation.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I looked it was still Blackburn Rovers in the League table. It would appear that this club Venky Rovers seems to exist only in the mind but not in reality.

It's a pity fans like you are not willing to fight and save our club.

No sorry. If you want to disagree with posters at least use facts. Far too much rubbish like this posted.

Selective quote there.

It's a fact that Venkys have turned our club into something that it didn't used to be.

This is not the same Blackburn Rovers that I have grown up with.

It all looks the same but it is not. If you think otherwise then you, sir, are deluded.

Selective quote there.

It's a fact that Venkys have turned our club into something that it didn't used to be.

It all looks the same but it is not. If you think otherwise then you, sir, are deluded.

I'm not deluded. You always bring it down to insults.

It really isn't necessary to argue this one out because it's all happening on its own. Thousands of Rovers fans have walked away and home attendances set new lows week by week.

It's impossible to work out those who have actually boycotted against the owners as against those who have simply given up watching an unfit team, with a clueless manager give away yet another late goal in an empty stadium.

The outcome is the same. It doesn't matter if individuals continue to spend money at Ewood because there aren't enough of them to finance a football team and the decision-makers are ensuring we go down anyway, fewer therefore attend and so on ad infinitim.

On whether its Blackburn Rovers or Venky Rovers, I can only say that it certainly doesn't feel like our club anymore.There has never been any comparable point in my long lifetime where the fans views were of such little relevance to anything. Paying to be treated with contempt seems perverse to me.

Completely agree Gav. I won't boycott because I support Blackburn Rovers it's as simple as that. I don't need to make excuses for my continued support, nor do those I travel up and down the country with supporting the Rovers. It's our club - irrespective of owners, managers or players - as you say, it's nothing more complicated than that. It's a love for the club I've supported all my life and nobody is going to change that, least of all some family on the other side of the world.

I agree 100% there ParsonBlue.

I will always attend games and support Blackburn Rovers.

RTID

Selective quote there.

I don't know about you Stuart, but tomorrow I'll be going to watch Blackburn Rovers - the same club, playing at the same ground, in the same colours - just as I did fifty-odd years ago when I was taken to Ewood Park for the first time and fell in love with the club. I'll experience the same emotions - good and bad - during the game, will find good points and bad points to discuss with friends after the game and then look forward to the next one. The owners/directors may change, managers and players come and go, the League status may shift up and down but that experience remains the same - be it first team, reserves or youth team.

I agree 100% there ParsonBlue.

I will always attend games and support Blackburn Rovers.

RTID

Always.... haha unless it's summer of 2016 and you say your boycotting

I don't know about you Stuart, but tomorrow I'll be going to watch Blackburn Rovers - the same club, playing at the same ground, in the same colours - just as I did fifty-odd years ago when I was taken to Ewood Park for the first time and fell in love with the club. I'll experience the same emotions - good and bad - during the game, will find good points and bad points to discuss with friends after the game and then look forward to the next one. The owners/directors may change, managers and players come and go, the League status may shift up and down but that experience remains the same - be it first team, reserves or youth team.

Ah, it's still the same as ever!

You'll be likely experiencing more bad emotions than good ones Parson, at least on the basis of what's gone on in the last 6 years or so. More to the point, those bad experiences will increase as time goes by.

You have completely divorced events off the field from those on the field when common-sense tells you they are strongly connected.

You'll be the last man standing! Fair enough, I admire your tenacity.

Venkwashing continues

But it's not. It just isn't

I admire your blindness though

I've no idea how you can do that but fair play to you. It seems to me that the same curiosity and desire to analyse what happened in the game, how it could be done differently or better next time, should surely extend to events off the field. If you're analysing anything tactical, how can you stop asking questions before getting to the bloke who decides the tactics? If you're analysing player quality, first team and general squad strength, how can you stop asking questions about it before getting to the people who decide how much money to spend on it?

What makes it even harder is you surely know as well as the rest of us the sick and sordid answers to these questions. A corrupt, conniving agent launched a huge scam in broad daylight. He sold a bunch of clueless cricket-loving Indians a club he didn't own, got them to appoint his inside man as gaffer, and together they set about signing useless players for decent prices with a massive agents fee slipped into each one. After 2 years the clueless cricket-loving muppets finally cottoned on, realised the crook they'd let play with their toy had auctioned it off in exchange for wads of cash. So they had a strop and then washed their hands of the whole affair.

5 years later and we've got some bored mid to senior level administrator in the Venky company making disinterested decisions about something he couldn't care less about. I'd be amazed if Venkys have even looked at which league we're in for years. The top level of the club consists of people who think of it as a boring distraction, the middle level consists of people who are happy to take the money for doing a rubbish job, the lower level consists of fearful and depressed victims worried they'll be for the chop at the next budget cut.

So that's the "same club" you mentioned and to be honest you and fellow Rovers fans are the only credible part of it left. Lions led by donkeys was the saying in the first world war, this is lions led by a photocopying machine accidentally left on in the office after anyone decent went home years ago.

This is where you and I differ.

I don't feel anything like the same emotion I used to. Apart from the odd 'blip' this last 6 years have really taken all of the enjoyment out of supporting Rovers.

The worst of it is that, being a member of this board, ignorance is not a reason you can use. Which means you believe all is well. Business as usual. The closest I can get is SNAFU but it's all relative.

Where is the personal insult in that sentence that necessitated you to respond with one?

I'd say that my view being rubbish and me suggesting politely that if you believe this is the same Rovers then you are deluded are fairy even. Hardly a disproportionate response.

I'd say that my view being rubbish and me suggesting politely that if you believe this is the same Rovers then you are deluded are fairy even. Hardly a disproportionate response.

You point me to or show me a legitimate league table or fixture list or match report that names us Venky Rovers instead of Blackburn Rovers and I'll take back my 'rubbish' comment, otherwise I'll stand by it.

You opened your post on referring to Rovers as a company, your post and point of view was based on this.

So I see Blackburn Rovers, any shaving cream, McDonalds, Lucasfilm and Hurns bakery in woodnook the same after saying;

"I hate the football, I hate the emptiness, I hate the manager, I hate the lack of quality, I hate the decisions, I hate the league position etc etc - but I still love Blackburn Rovers. Find me a solution that works and I'll support it. Boycotting, dwindling fan numbers and sponsors just means further decline."

Sorry Neal, the reality is; we differ on the view of a solution. I don't need to use paradox or "brain washing" to validate my views. My opinion, is that alone! An opinion forged from my experience.

I think some people forget it hurts just as much for me.

I agree with all that SKH.

Do you agree without fans attending matches there'd be no football club.

We have to use it or lose it.

Yep certainly do agree. I just don't know how it's possible to use it anymore. That's why I suggested starting a new club in a thread a while back.

We haven't fallen far enough for some yet but you know what they say about torture, everyone has a breaking point!

• Backroom

You point me to or show me a legitimate league table or fixture list or match report that names us Venky Rovers instead of Blackburn Rovers and I'll take back my 'rubbish' comment, otherwise I'll stand by it.

Stop being literal.

Is this the same Blackburn Rovers as when Venkys took over? No.

We were in the Premier League, the Gold Standard of responsible finance in football, with a nationally respected board of directors, a squad crammed with international players and 'captains', managers of international repute, and regular attendances of 25k.

We are now in relegation zone of the Championship, have accrued over £100m in debt, we have a single actual director alongside 'the finance guy' and a bunch of agents in the background, a squad barely strung together by a strategically shaven ape who lies and contradicts himself as much as Kean ever did, and regular sub-10k attendances according to the few who still go.

Blackburn Rovers is NOT the same! ALL caused by those utter @#/?S from Pune! I will still be there tomorrow, but I'm at my wits end. If not for my very ill father enjoying the craic of a matchday, I'd be far away from Ewood.

How some fans DARE to insult others by claiming 'it's the same' baffles me.

Archived