BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

Leeds away tomorrow night and we are already at the must win stage, which tells you everything you need to know.

I'd keep the team the same that drew at QPR but assuming Mulgrew isn't fit, bring Evans in.

1-1 draw.

Leeds fan in the office is now getting concerned about their season. I reckon, if we beat them, Monk will be binned off.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I reckon we'll draw as well.

To be honest, I'm not surprised about Monk not doing that well there. He was a bit lucky at Swansea then got binned off when he couldn't arrest their decline and hasn't done anything of note since. He's another one of these that never seems to acknowledge his own shortcomings either.

Just the type of game one team could get their season started with a comfortable win and I suppose the smart money would go on Leeds.

If the new found organisation and battling spirit is for real though I think we can get a draw. Has Coyle finally sussed out how to be hard to beat first and foremost and take it from there ?

Leeds 2 Rovers 2 with 500 at most paying the Premeir league ticket prices for bottom of the Championship football.

Just the type of game one team could get their season started with a comfortable win and I suppose the smart money would go on Leeds.

If the new found organisation and battling spirit is for real though I think we can get a draw. Has Coyle finally sussed out how to be hard to beat first and foremost and take it from there ?

Leeds 2 Rovers 2 with 500 at most paying the Premeir league ticket prices for bottom of the Championship football.

I was going to this until i saw tickets were £35. Crazy prices considering where both teams are.

Last season v us they verbally roasted that fool of a chairman on live TV. Also there wasn't that many in the ground despite the stated official attendance.

They'll erupt spectacularly sooner or later you'd think although it being Leeds it will probably come in the form of going on the rampage at away matches :blink:

Do Leeds fans ever protest? As they've been the darlings of Sky for some time they certainly have loads of "TV opportunities".

I remember them doing a clever projection on to the side of one of their stands. In fact, i've found it...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/10168779/leeds-fans-project-cellino-out-image-on-elland-road

I think Graham may be dropped for this one with Emnes stepping in. A defeat here leaves us in the mire with massive pressure for Saturday.

We looked better as I said in the other thread but better than rubbish so I still think this could end up in a defeat.

Anyway Leeds 1 - Rovers 2 not going way overpriced for a midweek bottom of table scrap.

We have had a really good run of wins at Leeds recently after going decades of never winning there.

Having gifted Wigan and Cardiff their only wins thus far this season we are facing two more fellow travellers in distress away in quick succession. Lose both these and we will be looking at a long long season of distress.

It all depends on whether Coyle picks a team which looks the business. There were some mind boggling picks in the early games for Rovers this season.

A win would be marvelous (what's a win???) but please don't lose...

Living in Leeds I'm going - although I'm going with Leeds fans...

Never sat with the wrong fans before. This'll be a huge test not to celebrate if we score, rant at our players if/when they are poor etc.

Call me crazy but I actually think we'll win this one. Not based on any great insight or evidence, just one of those feelings.

Mulgrew having/had scan on calf and seems set to miss next few games at least.

Think situation at Leeds even more volatile than at Ewood.

First goal will be vital.

Rovers to get first goal, Leeds to implode and Rovers to go on and win game by 3 or 4 goals to 1 (or even nil!).

Rovers to get first goal, Leeds to implode and Rovers to go on and win game by 3 or 4 goals to 1 (or even nil!).

This might be one of this seasons most used sentences

I think we'll win this, we usually do well over there.

I would like to see Emnes in for Graham and Evans to replace the injured Mulgrew.

Nice easy drive, twice in a week too.

Never sat with the wrong fans before. This'll be a huge test not to celebrate if we score, rant at our players if/when they are poor etc.

It's easy to sit on your hands if we score, I was in the huge stand with the Leeds lot a couple of years ago and had no problems, even though they could probably tell we were Rovers fans.

Call me crazy but I actually think we'll win this one. Not based on any great insight or evidence, just one of those feelings.

It's not when we score that is easy sit on hands, it's when they score you will be the only one sitting there looking fed up.

• Moderation Lead

I'm not saying you're a wind up merchant, but you can't honestly believe the bit in bold, can you? :blink:

I'm not saying you're a wind up merchant, but you can't honestly believe the bit in bold, can you? We've been shipping goals for fun and have barely scored this season!

Last two league games, we've 'shipped' one goal in each - signs are that as a defensive unit we are improving.

A colleague of mine is a Leeds' fan and he was there on Saturday. He senses tomorrow is an absolutely critical match for Monk/Leeds and he hates to think what will happen if they concede first - crowd erupts, players' heads down and the whole thing implodes.

Think we should go for them from the start like we did last season when we were 2 up within first 5 minutes or so.

Not a wum, just reasoned thinking.

:D. So your reasoned thinking leads you to predict Rovers to win every single match? And usually by a few goals to boot.

Not at all as you would find if you had either the time or inclination to plough through my posting history.

When I have a strong gut feel, I put my money where my mouth is - a straight win bet with a 'fun' bet on the score when I think there will be goals which gives high odds particularly away from home. Remember winning spectacularly under Berg at Posh (4-1). Went for 4-1 at Mansfield in the League Cup this season and only the crossbar prevented an extra special payout. And there are others. As I said, if you've nothing better to do then look at my posting history.

By the way, you can get 3/1 on Rovers' win at Leeds with 3-1 at 33/1 and 4/1 at 130/1 !

Reasoned thinking after a few bottles of red, perhaps.

Chance would be a fine thing - too early in the day! Back to the day job now.

Archived