BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

And Coyle is going to pick an XI and select tactics to go at Leeds hard from the off?

Again say yes without flinching at recent memories...

I'm trying to forget he is our manager tbh.

The most inept, excuse ridden, bilge spewing person to have held the post of Rovers manager. (I did say person, ergo why the snake Kean who was infinitely worse doesn't win that award.)

Recent gems include -

"it's not about 5 or 6 games but the 46 games"

"If we keep performing as we are the wins will come"

"We should have an extra 3 points"

"Leeds have spend millions. We haven't and the budget has been slashed and we've lost £10 million of talent. Not that I'm making excuses..."

I know Venkys are the main problem but the sooner we get rid of this guy the happier I will be.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

A Rovers onslaught ffs :lol: has that ever happened in recent memory?

Amazing what a loss to Fulham and draw against QPR has done for certain people's perceptions. If we win tonight we'll be on the promotion path no doubt.

Middle of the road going nowhere teams tend to average win, draw, lose repeat repeat as we've seen.

Teams going down tend to average lose, draw, lose repeat and we know which pattern we are setting.

Desperate for a win tonight otherwise can't see that pattern ever really changing.

I'm trying to forget he is our manager tbh.

The most inept, excuse ridden, bilge spewing person to have held the post of Rovers manager. (I did say person, ergo why the snake Kean who was infinitely worse doesn't win that award.)

Recent gems include -

"it's not about 5 or 6 games but the 46 games"

"If we keep performing as we are the wins will come"

"We should have an extra 3 points"

"Leeds have spend millions. We haven't and the budget has been slashed and we've lost £10 million of talent. Not that I'm making excuses..."

I know Venkys are the main problem but the sooner we get rid of this guy the happier I will be.

I don't rate him either but you can't really argue with what he's said. Some of it is standard manager speak when a team isn't doing well, and some of it is true. Losing the centre of our defence, one of the good things about last season, can't have been easy to manage, especially with no real funds to spend.

Enjoy the match. I'm going for a 1-1

This is a very mediocre league where I would say 75% of teams are capable of beating each other at any one time.

Games are often turned and decided on either one flash of excellence or, more often than not, a mistake.

I know we aren't great and I think Coyley is no improvement on Kean but hell fire, we are playing the shambolic Leeds of 2016 and not the Leeds of the Don Revie era. Struggling to see how some are so dismissive of our chances tonight.

I dont know where this optimism is coming from in all honesty. Granted I wasn't at QPR and by all accounts we did ok but I wouldn't have called Fulham a good performance. Just because we actually defended like a professional football team for once, it wasn't a good performance. Attacking wise we were absolutely woeful, had no idea what to do in the final third and once again it was the parting of the waves between our midfield and forwards.

Two facets to football, attacking and defending.

I get it's our football team, of which we are allowed to instill SOME blind faith, maybe a couple more performances like the the QPR one and to score more than one goal in a game before I call a resurgence.

I won 122 quid off a fiver five yeam NFL acca on Sunday, that's good isn't it?

However, in order to keep it on topic, Leeds 2 Rovers 1.

Well done.

If you are that confident, lump it on Leeds at 11/10 and more than double your money.

Like many posters, I make a result prediction on most matches, however, I don't bet on each and every match - far from it!

I think we should have a 'Mercerman Betting' thread, where you state your odds/stake on any Rovers game on here beforehand and then at the end of the season we see if you're up or down? It's for the best MM!

• Backroom

Our midweek away record is absolutely pathetic, also. Leeds might be awful but they've already achieved something this season we haven't - win a league game. We've shipped more goals than them and scored the same amount. There's very little beyond "we always do well at Elland Road" to suggest we'll come away with a win tonight.

We could scrape a 1-0, it's possible based on both teams performances so far this season. But I find predictions of 3-1/4-1 entirely unrealistic.

Our midweek away record is absolutely pathetic, also. Leeds might be awful but they've already achieved something this season we haven't - win a league game. We've shipped more goals than them and scored the same amount. There's very little beyond "we always do well at Elland Road" to suggest we'll come away with a win tonight.

We could scrape a 1-0, it's possible based on both teams performances so far this season. But I find predictions of 3-1/4-1 entirely unrealistic.

People of a certain age will remember Tranmere in November 1971. "Field shines as Blackburn Romp to Victory" I read the next morning.

In those days, the agony seemed to go on forever, yet it was only just over a year. Hell, we were only down in the Div 3 for four seasons in that spell and that included a few good runs plus a narrow miss on promotion.

This has been going on for 6 years ....and counting. VENKY'S OUT!

I don't rate him either but you can't really argue with what he's said. Some of it is standard manager speak when a team isn't doing well, and some of it is true. Losing the centre of our defence, one of the good things about last season, can't have been easy to manage, especially with no real funds to spend.

Enjoy the match. I'm going for a 1-1

It's excuse making, clear and simple.

Don't get me wrong I know we're in a crap position. I hate that we're in a crap position.

But banging on about it game after game, excuse after excuse, is sickening imo. You don't see Burton doing it - they just get on with it. Nor does money equal success like Coyle seems to think - if it were Derby would be a lot higher!

As for 46 games, and that being the time to judge, that's baloney - do we really wait that long to see if Coyle can cut it? Sure 5/6 games might be a bit early but by 10 I think a very clear picture emerges to his suitability. The reason he's saying it is to get the heat off, because he knows he is doing a poor job.

Blackpool and Burnley have both shown that you can with the right game plan and some shrewdness in assembling the team - and admittedly a bit of luck with injuries - you can get promoted from the championship on a shoestring budget. Now I'm not saying we should get promoted or it doesn't make things harder, but it's not the game over and nothing positive can be done that Coyle is promoting.

We don't even have a shoestring budget and you can't replace 10m of defenders with freebies, which he is having to do. I'm hardly his biggest fan but it's a fair excuse to give.

We need the team to come together (and by the sounds of it, things are getting better on the pitch performance wise at least) because we certainly won't be buying our way out of trouble in January, so I hope he can instill a bit of belief into our bunch as he did with the Dingles when he took them up and get us moving into safety. We need Venkys out but staying up is still important, going down will set us even further back.

As for 46 games, and that being the time to judge, that's baloney - do we really wait that long to see if Coyle can cut it? Sure 5/6 games might be a bit early but by 10 I think a very clear picture emerges to his suitability. The reason he's saying it is to get the heat off, because he knows he is doing a poor job.

I'm by no means a Coyle fan but if we carry on improving game by game as we have been doing, after ten games we'd look a decent outfit.

I'm by no means a Coyle fan but if we carry on improving game by game as we have been doing, after ten games we'd look a decent outfit.

A few ifs and buts and maybes in amongst all that.

We do look a bit more robust defensively now the new lads have come in and Duffy has been sold, but still concede most games, often more than one. We are also still struggling to score.

Whilst I personally do not believe we are nailed on for relegation the failure to get any early season wins and continued dropped points does not bode well at all. A long time to go I hear you cry, but with only 3 wins from the first 16 last year we were always looking over our shoulder even after Bowyer was potted. Failure to win either of the next two games then surely Coyle's position must be under scrutiny as both Leeds and Rotherham are teams we need to be taking points off to give us some breathing space.

No easy games away at any level. Too many dropped points in home games cranking the pressure up for away games.

As per usual our season doesn't start normally with pre-season and a settled squad. It starts about six games in with fans giving the new incumbent time to get his own team settled and sorted. Meanwhile we are constantly lagging behind others far more organised than ourselves.

Best of luck for the travelling fans. 2-1 Leeds.

Interesting quote from Coyle in LT:

"Then we lost at Cardiff, where it was self-inflicted, conceding our second and third own goals in a 40-minute period, and there was a lot of stuff going on that was uncontrollable in our respect"

Is he saying Duffy was 'uncontrollable' ? if not what is he referring to ? I'm still almost convinced he scored those two own goals accidently on purpose !

Interesting quote from Coyle in LT:

"Then we lost at Cardiff, where it was self-inflicted, conceding our second and third own goals in a 40-minute period, and there was a lot of stuff going on that was uncontrollable in our respect"

Is he saying Duffy was 'uncontrollable' ? if not what is he referring to ? I'm still almost convinced he scored those two own goals accidently on purpose !

Typical Coyle playing his get out of jail free card, we really should have been knocked out of this competition by Crewe, at 2-0 up they missed 2 real sitters, no mention of that Owen :rock:

Archived