BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

It could be Jimmy that he doesn't believe that it will make one iota of difference. I'd like to believe it would but the Venkys seem to ignore any form of protest. I have no idea what to do.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem Capt. At the end of the day I go with friends, we enjoy our football and supporting the Rovers, irrespective of the result. We have done it all our lives and whilst we all know that things are going to be difficult and need to change, we are not going to give something up that we enjoy, particularly at our time of life. We are not blind to the situation. We all believe that Coyle was the wrong appointment - as time will no doubt tell - we all believe that Cheston is out of his depth and that the owners are responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. The only difference in our positions is that we still want to continue to support the club in the way we have done all our lives. At the end of the day nobody should be criticised for boycotting or attending games. We are all Rovers supporters no matter what position we take.

I have to ask though, does it not all seem a little bit pointless considering that it's obvious we've been set up to fail from the start?

At least if you go to watch wrestling it's pre-determined but entertaining.

It could be Jimmy that he doesn't believe that it will make one iota of difference. I'd like to believe it would but the Venkys seem to ignore any form of protest. I have no idea what to do.

Al, it's not just about getting Venkys to take notice, it's about getting a wider audience and wider support for our plight. :brfc:

Al, it's not just about getting Venkys to take notice, it's about getting a wider audience and wider support for our plight. :brfc:

I think this is the aim. The wider audience./other supporters .uk media...indian media.......increased pressure on the unfit for purpose FA... V's and their partners will hopefully follow.

A repeat relegation strategy! What is happening is breathtakingly scandalous and it almost seems to be going through on the nod...Our protests will need to be dramatic as well as strategic...

I think this is the aim. The wider audience./other supporters .uk media...indian media.......increased pressure on the unfit for purpose FA... V's and their partners will hopefully follow.

A repeat relegation strategy! What is happening is breathtakingly scandalous and it almost seems to be going through on the nod...Our protests will need to be dramatic as well as strategic...

Well done Len, that's exactly what it is!!!

Oh and kudos to Jimmy on the earlier post, nails my frustration as well.

Parson, you clearly love Blackburn Rovers very much and have been a fan far longer than me, seen more desperate times and also have a clearer memory of the glory years under Jack Walker. But I do have to take issue with the above.

- You are clearly against the current regime and how the club is being run.

- You have stated many times that you knew the Coyle appointment would end in tears.

- You know that the squad is woefully lacking.

Yet you won't in any way support an organised, peaceful protest designed to highlight the complete destruction of the football club that has been a huge part of your life for so very many years? A club that in the not too distant future may not even exist.

What are your reasons for that? Surely it isn't because you'll miss a total of 33 minutes of crap football? Not because you HAVE to support the lads on the field for that final 15 minutes...

There are people trying desperately to come up with ideas of how to unite the fan base behind a single protest/action that will show our dismay at how this club is being run, and all I can see is a number of fans who are completely against any of them that have been discussed.... WHY? Why is there such a complete disregard for ANY kind of protest or joint action by a section of the fan base?

They aren't asking you to Boycott and stop attending games. They aren't asking you to go on the pitch and jeopardise your season ticket or worse suffer legal implications. They don't want you to clash with police outside the ground in some kind of Euro 2016 Russian Mafia attack.

They simply want ALL fans to unite for one day to best showcase our plight, by walking in late and walking out early. Why is that idea going to be completely ignored?

I was thinking this morning as I read the 'Is this the final chapter' thread, started by Tom. And I thought about them finally closing the gates at Ewood as the club goes under.... the statue of Jack Walker desolate. I have so many great memories in that stadium; god knows how many you have! In a few years time that might be all we have.

All that's left of the club that Jack built will be a few dusty old video recordings and the occasional replay of Premier League Years 94/95.

So by all means keep on attending the games week in week out - it's what you feel is the right thing to do and I applaud your commitment. But don't lose sight of the fact that other fans are trying to bring our plight to a wider audience - and it might just require you and your mates to sup your pint a little slower before the game, and get back to the pub a little before 17:45 after it too.[/quote

Brilliant post summing up frustrations with large part of the fan base. "All that it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing". What the to do is debatable - hence so many different stances -but it seems like some fans will do nothing at all which is disappointing.

We discussed it a great deal Gav on Saturday and last night. The general feeling was that folk I travel with would be ignoring the 1875 protest. I think it simply reflects that there are varying views and I know that if you spoke to other fans they would be in full support of 1875. At the end of the day there has to be room for all views as you will never get complete agreement on any issue.

....and Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned...... :brfc:

It all depends on what you believe 'supporting the Club' really means?

I've always supported the 'club', I couldn't particularly care less about any of the journeyman wearing the shirt, they are simply paid to help 'the club' win football matches (well, that's the theory), so supporting the 'team' on a match day ergo helps the club towards that goal.

However, these are not normal times, many fans now think that the best way of supporting the club is by getting these owners put of the door, the big drop in attendances this season HAS had an impact and I believe given the campaign for new owners some publicity and momentum- so are the boycotters not supporting the club?

Though I have always thought the word 'boycott' is a bit of a misnomer, because let's be honest, how many are boycotting and how many were simply sick of watching s***e and have found new hobbies?

I don't boycott, because I believe we need a core of support still attending Ewood when and if they do finally sell, I seriously doubt a post Venky euphoric rush for season tickets in League 1/2, many of the missing 15000 have been lost for good- however the collapse in crowds is having an effect, so all power to the boycotters!

What I can do however, is help out at Ewood, be it handing out leaflets, 1875 protest and so on, am I supporting the club with this display of insubordination? Too right I am!

After all that has happened with Venkys,in the face of all the wanton destruction of Jack Walkers legacy,the blatant lies and deceit,I simply find it inconceivable that any real passionate supporter of this club would not want to protest and vent their spleen.

It just makes you want to throw your hands up in the air and raise your eyes to the heavens!

Archived