BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

I'd have put last nights gate more around the 15,000-16,000 mark rather than the 19,000 claimed. Whilst those Leeds fans there were quite vocal and made a lot of noise before the game, at the start of each half and after they scored, no doubt they would have really gone ballistic had Rovers gone ahead. I could sense the nerves and anxiousness spreading around the ground when it was at 0-0 and then again once we had equalised.

In the end Rovers will be the team this season that every struggling manager and team looks forward to playing. Wigan have only won once this season and battered us in their first home game, other than that they've been generally poor. Cardiff couldn't buy a win or even a goal prior to hosting us and yet were 2-0 up in no time thanks to Shane Duffy's intervention, other than that they've been poor. Leeds were on the rocks prior to last night just outside the drop zone with major pressure on Monk and winless at home since April and yet even after being pegged back with 15 minutes to go our side managed to find a way to let them back in front through some woeful defending. Next up are struggling Rotherham and Derby and you'd be very brave to predict anything other than points for those two given the way things are. Nigel Pearson will have identified us at home as a chance to turn it around before he gets the sack.

Simple fact is that we've conceded 15 goals in 7 league games, and only Norwich can really be classed as a quality team. Conceding an average of more than 2 goals a game in this league equates to relegation. You can talk about chances, opportunities and all the rest of it, but if you can't do the basics such as marking someone in the 6 yard box on a free kick then its irrelevant.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me they threw the towel in last Christmas when we played ourselves out of play off contention under Lambert and are now just selling anything off they can prior to implementing some sort of exit strategy.

Surely to play one's way out of playoff contention, once must be within playoff contention to begin with? We were in a relegation battle when Lambert took over and he spent barely a bean on new players. If you were expecting a playoff push, then congrats, you're on the same wavelength as our batshit owners.

No I don't think another sugar daddy is going to rock up Cap. which is surely why if Venky's were to be forced out tomorrow it wouldn't be the magical cure for all our problems.

If we drop further down the Leagues it might see the end of Venky's ownership but could well also signal the end of the Club. I'd rather that didn't happen and that we clung onto our current status by our fingernails to give future owners something to work with frankly.

Whether we drop down the leagues is totally beyond our control. I will buy a season ticket the day Venkys leave and I am certain I won't be on my own. That is within my control.

To equate Venkys going with the end of the club is a recipe to continue to support them as we slide further and further down. Your money doesn't form part of a rescue package for the club, it's quite the opposite.

Makes more sense to save it until Venkys have gone. This way they can't misuse it and Rovers will need every penny at that point.

1) we were never in play-off contention but we were going down when Lambert took over.

2)he was telling the truth wasn't he when he said he had no other job lined up?

Surely we all hope that?

Had we beaten Forest in the home game we drew I think we'd have moved to one point away from the play off positions which is very much in contention with half the season to go imo. I'll readily concede we probably weren't good enough to make the play offs but at that point it did look as though we had an outside chance of being involved.

I honestly didn't make that comment to pass any sort of opinion on Lambert one way or the other, I thought it was a non controversial statement to observe we played ourselves out of any contention for the playoffs however remote. I was actually talking about Venky's shifting (imo) attitude towards owning the Club.

21 points from his last 14 games? It's not much to shout about. Bowyer got 14 from his last 10 games and he got potted.

Difference being it appears GB was tasked with a steadying job and coyle is on a Kea@ 2 mission .

Two much Scottish connection for it to be a coincidence

Whether we drop down the leagues is totally beyond our control. I will buy a season ticket the day Venkys leave and I am certain I won't be on my own. That is within my control.

To equate Venkys going with the end of the club is a recipe to continue to support them as we slide further and further down. Your money doesn't form part of a rescue package for the club, it's quite the opposite.

Makes more sense to save it until Venkys have gone. This way they can't misuse it and Rovers will need every penny at that point.

If the Club goes bust before you decide to return that's not in your control either.

Nor is continuing to support the Club an endorsement of the owners.

Not sure there is a right and wrong answer any more. People boycotting may coerce the owners into leaving earlier than they otherwise would have done. If too many boycott the Club may fold for good and the support of those still in attendance may ensure there is something left for future owners to take over.

It would probably help though if everyone could acknowledge that whatever view you take people are doing it with the best of intentions as to what they think best for the long term future and survival of the club.

No I don't think another sugar daddy is going to rock up Cap. which is surely why if Venky's were to be forced out tomorrow it wouldn't be the magical cure for all our problems.

If we drop further down the Leagues it might see the end of Venky's ownership but could well also signal the end of the Club. I'd rather that didn't happen and that we clung onto our current status by our fingernails to give future owners something to work with frankly.

Utterly disagree.

It is patently obvious that maintaining our current league status is a long way down the limited priorities of Venky's.

If the owners are, at best, totally unconcerned about relegation (at worst, we are off into the far off realms of betting rumours, corruption fantasies and match fixing plotting) there is no way a Manager as limited as Owen Coyle can save us, even if he doesn't have a Kean-esque contract.

Even if the Rovers Trust get control of 100% of the club with just £12k in the pot, the club would be OUR's, the passion and the crowds would be back; and that can do an awful lot to a previously dispirited directionless club seemingly abandoned by its own to the carrion crow accountants.

We could have Mourinho in charge and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference under Venkys, discussing Lambert and Coyle is totally moot.

There's a home gane on Sat with no protests (as far as i'm aware) planned...

We could have Mourinho in charge and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference under Venkys, discussing Lambert and Coyle is totally moot.

We should be protesting at every game, home or away, Sky TV or no Sky TV. :brfc:

Are there any leaflets etc. ready to be distributed before the game? I'll be a willing volunteer to do this if there are.

LD send a PM to pk1875.

7 games and 21 points before the Wolves protest...

Is waiting really an option?

Errr..... Mourinho or Coyle? I rather think it would.

I take your point though.

Whilst i think Cheston is a complete moron.

That's a daft statement to make, you will find most large or PLC companies are CEO's by ex financial/commercial chiefs etc.

Not really, pretty sure when an able CEO appoints people to particular posts they seek out the opinions of those that are most qualified in that field to help make their decisions. Can`t see what Cheston based his decision making on when appointing Coyle other than his willingness to accept mediocrity. Football is not really a business that will thrive by penny pinching.

Maybe not, but we'd be far more competitive.

Hypothetical comparison I know but if you take that argument to its conclusion then there would be no point ever replacing Coyle which I don't agree with.

To be honest the football is a side show and has been for 3yrs or so now. Until Venkys crawl off we'll never recover, so the managers position is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

But if you don't hold that view, and many won't, I agree with you.

Not really, pretty sure when an able CEO appoints people to particular posts they seek out the opinions of those that are most qualified in that field to help make their decisions. Can`t see what Cheston based his decision making on when appointing Coyle other than his willingness to accept mediocrity. Football is not really a business that will thrive by penny pinching.

Cheston didn't appoint Coyle, the owners did. Cheston just happens to be the employee tasked with signing contracts, he has no more say at what goes on at Ewood than you or I.

Are there any leaflets etc. ready to be distributed before the game? I'll be a willing volunteer to do this if there are.

Can't do it this Saturday, but if needed in future I would be happy to come to Ewood, give out leaflets then go home again.

Maybe not, but we'd be far more competitive.

Hypothetical comparison I know but if you take that argument to its conclusion then there would be no point ever replacing Coyle which I don't agree with.

A different manager could get Danny Graham fitter and scoring goals, like Lambert did.

Archived