BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

Lambert equaled Bowyer's total wins with half the games, still, you keep referencing the 9 without a win if it makes you feel better......

At one point last season Lambert won 5 out of 24 games. Add in 8 away games without a win and the now classic 9 games without a win and it paints a sorry picture. Mix in Bowyer's start to last season, and add a sprinkle of Coyle's incompetence and it really has been an awful 13 months on the pitch.

Nothing makes me feel better about all of that.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Factual statement about Lambert. We did play ourselves out of play off contention under him. Not sure why you're being so precious about it.

Does this not imply we were IN play off contention when he took over. In my mind Lambert played us out of relegation danger.

That support has been unwavering over the past 6 years and look where that has got us. Everybody has a breaking point but if you haven't reached yours yet I really do wonder what more it will take.

It's all well and good "supporting the team" but that very phrase should mean that there's passion and most certainly anger when things are not quite right - it's that passion that sets football fans apart. If all you can do is shrug your shoulders after every defeat hoping that the fans will get behind the team and then miraculously we'll turn the corner then you're going to be seriously disappointed as this is only going one way.

Jason you're quite right that the support of the rapidly dwindling fan Base won't tip the balance if the team isn't good enough but you're completely out of order to criticise Parson for continuing to support the team.

What should it take for Parson to give up on supporting the team, hopefully the answer is nothing would persuade him to do so. If you want to continue to justify to yourself your own reasons for boycotting that's up to you but it's unfair to criticise someone who I assume is hoping there will still be a Club left to support when Venkys up sticks and leave.

At one point last season Lambert won 5 out of 24 games. Add in 8 away games without a win and the now classic 9 games without a win and it paints a sorry picture. Mix in Bowyer's start to last season, and add a sprinkle of Coyle's incompetence and it really has been an awful 13 months on the pitch.

Nothing makes me feel better about all of that.

Here we go again.

You mean it painted a sorry picture when Lambert took over the squad Bowyer left him?

Let's look at what happened when Lambert had been in situ for a while. Ooh look, we took 21 points from his last 14 games, only losing once in his last 6 games.

If only he'd got the money to spend he was promised. Instead we get this dumb chicken-clucker in charge.

Bi Jesus Rev there is optimism and serious brain malfunction

Where has your head been for the last 6 years?

Seriously - it feels like yourself , Parson and Chaddy are in a completely different universe to what is actually going on.

Did you/do you really think there was any other outcome with FKW, and as for the owners (who ever that may be)!

With respect to you all, I say this in jest but you 3 just give me the impression of ' the Goldfish of Apocalypse'

I've no idea where you're coming from at all with that post Cap. If the owners can be persuaded to put the Club up for sale and someone with the means to take on the Club and run it long term rocks up so much the better.

In the meantime though surely it's better if we were to maintain our current status than drop even lower through the Leagues? I'm astounded anyone could think otherwise.

Does this not imply we were IN play off contention when he took over. In my mind Lambert played us out of relegation danger.

Totally correct.

We were never a contender for play offs last season. We were flirting with relegation.

Leave Parson alone. He's a grown up and entitled to make his own decisions and will do. Personally I am boycotting and will continue to do so.

Here we go again.

You mean it painted a sorry picture when Lambert took over the squad Bowyer left him?

Let's look at what happened when Lambert had been in situ for a while. Ooh look, we took 21 points from his last 14 games, only losing once in his last 6 games.

21 points from his last 14 games? It's not much to shout about. Bowyer got 14 from his last 10 games and he got potted.

I don't think dismissing my comment as sarcasm does it justice. There should be someone at the club who thought appointing Coyle was a good idea scratching their head tonight, saying that very comment I wrote (or something along those lines, because there was logic in their decision). Instead there won't be, as it was a rotten appointment with a very predictable outcome and whoever made it knew what was coming.

Coyle was selected as the outstanding candidate by unknown puppet master with unknown agenda.

Most likely Coyle is doing a great job managing relegation as next phase of dismantling club.

I have no doubt his boss is pleased he is doing exactly what he was asked to do.

When Coyle was appointed I said it would end in tears and it will at some point. I simply will not walk away from the club no matter how bad things get and I accept that they may well get worse before they get better. I'm too old to change my belief that you support a club through good and times and bad. It's got nothing to do with this super fan that some like to throw around as an insult as if you could ever feel insulted for supporting your club. I know that is an outdated concept to some but it's one I still believe in. I'm sorry if that upsets people - I really don't see why it should.

Thanks for the response PB and dignified as always

I don't think it upsets people that you go on and still support - nothing wrong in that.

Agree , its nothing to do with 'superfan' tag pro attendance or not, its just the posts you make are bewildering given the circumstances and really hard to believe from a sensical angle and feels like you appear to be trying to blank out what is going on ( especially given the comments re the Cardiff game).

All what is happening has all been predicted and with the correlation for what is happening off the pitch to what is on cannot be ignored so its difficult to believe what you can actually get from attending ie satifisfaction, enjoyment, value for money just for example.

Another irrelevant result. It's irrelevant who is in the dugout and what players we have on the pitch or who's in the boardroom. We are a sinking ship until Venkys leave.

If Venkys leave this season then we'll have had a very good season, our best one since winning the league. If they stay then we've had an atrocious season. It's a shame what happens on the pitch is just a sideshow nowadays.

Coyle was selected as the outstanding candidate by unknown puppet master with unknown agenda.

Most likely Coyle is doing a great job managing relegation as next phase of dismantling club.

I have no doubt his boss is pleased he is doing exactly what he was asked to do.

Coyle was the outstanding candidate because he's cheap, will toe the party lie, and is happy to operate in the loan market.

Totally correct.

We were never a contender for play offs last season. We were flirting with relegation.

Leave Parson alone. He's a grown up and entitled to make his own decisions and will do. Personally I am boycotting and will continue to do so.

Me too.

Anyway, I don't think we should get into an either or argument re Lambert and Coyle.

Lambert's record and many of the performances certainly concerned me. I just hoped it was a planned risk management strategy, using short term loan players to get us to the next transfer window in the same division.

Coyle's very appointment should have sent alarm bells out to the whole fanbase on account of his connections! The recruitment and selection ...er..process( cough) suggested old dark forces were still at work at the club. Cheston's comments told me all I needed to know about his own appointment.

Aside from any of the above, Coyle's management record on its own scared me. Outstanding is not the word!

Desperately disappointing result tonight against another Club in turmoil. Doesn't augur well for Coyle having any chance of turning things round and in normal circumstances you'd expect Coyle to be living on extremely borrowed time.

Guess we'll soon see if the owners give 2 hoots where we finish this season. It seems to me they threw the towel in last Christmas when we played ourselves out of play off contention under Lambert and are now just selling anything off they can prior to implementing some sort of exit strategy.

Bloody 'ell. Talk about scraping the barrel!

21 points from his last 14 games? It's not much to shout about. Bowyer got 14 from his last 10 games and he got potted.

But Bowyer had 3 or 4 years to get his squad playing his way..

So you actually expected Lambert to come in and take over someone else's squad, get them playing to his own style and get them in the play off's with a third of a season already played.

Err. OK.

I've no idea where you're coming from at all with that post Cap. If the owners can be persuaded to put the Club up for sale and someone with the means to take on the Club and run it long term rocks up so much the better.

In the meantime though surely it's better if we were to maintain our current status than drop even lower through the Leagues? I'm astounded anyone could think otherwise.

Not sure why Rev - current status?

The club is in a mess and repeated ad non .. is only heading one way ( do you really think somebody is going to 'rock up' in the present scheme of things)

Don't think anybody wants us to drop through the leagues in reality - but in principle if it means we have to get rid of the disease that has affected the club then so be it

The thing is you and others seem to believe we are 'heading for glory' or somehow ignoring everything that is has and is going on.

Another irrelevant result. It's irrelevant who is in the dugout and what players we have on the pitch or who's in the boardroom. We are a sinking ship until Venkys leave.

If Venkys leave this season then we'll have had a very good season, our best one since winning the league. If they stay then we've had an atrocious season. It's a shame what happens on the pitch is just a sideshow nowadays.

Precisely.

Petty discussions :-

Disecting Coyle's irrelevant BS?

Who was best / worst, Bowyer or Lambert?

Is Parson sane or deluded?

One problem - The owners !!!!!

One solution - Get rid ASAP

Thanks for the response PB and dignified as always

I don't think it upsets people that you go on and still support - nothing wrong in that.

Agree , its nothing to do with 'superfan' tag pro attendance or not, its just the posts you make are bewildering given the circumstances and really hard to believe from a sensical angle and feels like you appear to be trying to blank out what is going on ( especially given the comments re the Cardiff game).

All what is happening has all been predicted and with the correlation for what is happening off the pitch to what is on cannot be ignored so its difficult to believe what you can actually get from attending ie satifisfaction, enjoyment, value for money just for example.

No problem Capt. At the end of the day I go with friends, we enjoy our football and supporting the Rovers, irrespective of the result. We have done it all our lives and whilst we all know that things are going to be difficult and need to change, we are not going to give something up that we enjoy, particularly at our time of life. We are not blind to the situation. We all believe that Coyle was the wrong appointment - as time will no doubt tell - we all believe that Cheston is out of his depth and that the owners are responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. The only difference in our positions is that we still want to continue to support the club in the way we have done all our lives. At the end of the day nobody should be criticised for boycotting or attending games. We are all Rovers supporters no matter what position we take.

Jason you're quite right that the support of the rapidly dwindling fan Base won't tip the balance if the team isn't good enough but you're completely out of order to criticise Parson for continuing to support the team.

What should it take for Parson to give up on supporting the team, hopefully the answer is nothing would persuade him to do so. If you want to continue to justify to yourself your own reasons for boycotting that's up to you but it's unfair to criticise someone who I assume is hoping there will still be a Club left to support when Venkys up sticks and leave.

No Simon, my post was not about his choice to go to games it was the complete lack of any anger towards the situation. Parson admits that everything about the club is wrong yet chooses to use a barbed comment (and not the first one by the way) about the fans needing to support the team rather than focusing on the problem that is smacking us in the face!!

Not sure why Rev - current status?

The club is in a mess and repeated ad non .. is only heading one way ( do you really think somebody is going to 'rock up' in the present scheme of things)

Don't think anybody wants us to drop through the leagues in reality - but in principle if it means we have to get rid of the disease that has affected the club then so be it

The thing is you and others seem to believe we are 'heading for glory' or somehow ignoring everything that is has and is going on.

No I don't think another sugar daddy is going to rock up Cap. which is surely why if Venky's were to be forced out tomorrow it wouldn't be the magical cure for all our problems.

If we drop further down the Leagues it might see the end of Venky's ownership but could well also signal the end of the Club. I'd rather that didn't happen and that we clung onto our current status by our fingernails to give future owners something to work with frankly.

No I don't think another sugar daddy is going to rock up Cap. which is surely why if Venky's were to be forced out tomorrow it wouldn't be the magical cure for all our problems.

I don't think it would be the magical cure either Rev - but it will be a start and a clean one at that ( by that I mean as clean as it could be in football terms)

From a fans perspective it would also be refreshing and I would think renew optimism amongst most fans.

But Bowyer had 3 or 4 years to get his squad playing his way..

So you actually expected Lambert to come in and take over someone else's squad, get them playing to his own style and get them in the play off's with a third of a season already played.

Err. OK.

Play-offs? Own style and squad? Never mentioned any of that.

I don't think it would be the magical cure either Rev - but it will be a start and a clean one at that ( by that I mean as clean as it could be in football terms)

From a fans perspective it would also be refreshing and I would think renew optimism amongst most fans.

Couldn't agree more Cap. Can't see what's wrong with commenting on the football side of things in the meantime though. If Coyle isn't good enough then he needs to be replaced, which doesn't detract in any way from what people hope will happen re the ownership situation.

No problem Capt. At the end of the day I go with friends, we enjoy our football and supporting the Rovers, irrespective of the result. We have done it all our lives and whilst we all know that things are going to be difficult and need to change, we are not going to give something up that we enjoy, particularly at our time of life. We are not blind to the situation. We all believe that Coyle was the wrong appointment - as time will no doubt tell - we all believe that Cheston is out of his depth and that the owners are responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. The only difference in our positions is that we still want to continue to support the club in the way we have done all our lives. At the end of the day nobody should be criticised for boycotting or attending games. We are all Rovers supporters no matter what position we take.

Any chat about the protests Parson? Or Wolves game? WAR?

You'd think it was a hot topic now with all the media coverage.

Just as a side note, mates a Leeds fan, said Rovers are the worse team he's seen at Elland Rd this season, even worse than Leeds and that's saying something.

According to my pal there last night Leeds fans had a go when their team had a go and we sat back early in the second which is perfectly natural and happens anywhere.

He reckoned before that they would have turned had we gone in front so lets not be painting a picture of every other club giving unswerving vocal support and us being the only ones who kick off !!!!!

He also said one of the stewards thought the crowd was several thousand less than stated and usually is these days. familiar stuff.

Factual statement about Lambert. We did play ourselves out of play off contention under him. Not sure why you're being so precious about it.

Interestingly Lambert hasn't found another gig anywhere yet so it appears his stock is a lot higher on here than within the footballing world generally.

1) we were never in play-off contention but we were going down when Lambert took over.

2)he was telling the truth wasn't he when he said he had no other job lined up?

Surely we all hope that?

Archived