BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only two points to make. Firstly young gallagher ran his socks off and gave 110% all game. His work rate and effort was superb. Secondly akpan was like a ghost. He never showed for or wanted the ball, never made a tackle and shortly in to the first half his head went down and he was just wandering around the half way line whether we were on the attack or defending. An absolute disgrace to the shirt tonight.

That was three steps backwards.

Back to giving the opposition too much time and space on the ball.

Too many Rovers players taking the easy option of passing backwards without even looking around.

Graham did absolutely nothing. I just don't think he can play upfront on his own.

Marshall continued to give the ball away too much, don't know what's going on with him.

Emnes scored a great goal. He has to start instead of Graham on Saturday.

A section of our fans finally turned on Coyle.

The west stand roof leaks.

i was foolish enough to forecast a victory last night,by the sounds of it a draw was the best we deserved.were do we go from here,i reckon coyle is unsackable and the owners aint going anywere.i met a rovers fan just after venkys took over and he was convinced they had bought the club to ruin it,some compiracy about jack walker and there dad having a fall out over business.the more i think about it the more logical it is,dave burnley could not have done a better job.im off to get @#/?.

A hugely disappointing result as we looked good enough for a point. At the moment we are having no luck whatsoever in front of goal and are being punished for individual errors - the classic relegation formula. We looked good for a point until we made a mistake at the back and didn't pick up the goalscorer. Rotherham is now a huge fixture as a win will put us back in the pack but another reverse and it's difficult to see how we will avoid being cut adrift long before Christmas. I suspect that Coyle won't be sacked as the owners won't want to pay compensation to another manager and his backroom team so we can only hope that he can turn it around - the sooner the better. Rovers really do need those 9,000 home fans behind them in these troubled times. I must say that the backing that a very poor Leeds side got was impressive.

its not down to luck ,its down to venkys ownership.A win will put us back in the pack? we aint been in the pack to start with. Rovers don't need 9000 fans they don't care if theres 30 fans left.Leeds fans ? gates there have dropped to 19000 for the bestest fans in the world.

• Moderation Lead

Desperately disappointing result tonight against another Club in turmoil. Doesn't augur well for Coyle having any chance of turning things round and in normal circumstances you'd expect Coyle to be living on extremely borrowed time.

Guess we'll soon see if the owners give 2 hoots where we finish this season. It seems to me they threw the towel in last Christmas when we played ourselves out of play off contention under Lambert and are now just selling anything off they can prior to implementing some sort of exit strategy.

I thought it had been a while since you'd had a dig at Lambert....we've got considerably bigger problems now than petty remarks about former managers, I'll be honest.

Parson. Forget the 9000 being needed. 90,000 wouldn't make a scrap of difference in the long run.

The squad is... I can't sum it up.

Vocal backing won't mask the issues.

The players on the pitch need support as they always do despite everything else that is going on at the club.

The players on the pitch need support as they always do despite everything else that is going on at the club.

That support has been unwavering over the past 6 years and look where that has got us. Everybody has a breaking point but if you haven't reached yours yet I really do wonder what more it will take.

It's all well and good "supporting the team" but that very phrase should mean that there's passion and most certainly anger when things are not quite right - it's that passion that sets football fans apart. If all you can do is shrug your shoulders after every defeat hoping that the fans will get behind the team and then miraculously we'll turn the corner then you're going to be seriously disappointed as this is only going one way.

Desperately disappointing result tonight against another Club in turmoil. Doesn't augur well for Coyle having any chance of turning things round and in normal circumstances you'd expect Coyle to be living on extremely borrowed time.

Guess we'll soon see if the owners give 2 hoots where we finish this season. It seems to me they threw the towel in last Christmas when we played ourselves out of play off contention under Lambert and are now just selling anything off they can prior to implementing some sort of exit strategy.

Bi Jesus Rev there is optimism and serious brain malfunction

Where has your head been for the last 6 years?

Seriously - it feels like yourself , Parson and Chaddy are in a completely different universe to what is actually going on.

Did you/do you really think there was any other outcome with FKW, and as for the owners (who ever that may be)!

With respect to you all, I say this in jest but you 3 just give me the impression of ' the Goldfish of Apocalypse'

I thought it had been a while since you'd had a dig at Lambert....we've got considerably bigger problems now than petty remarks about former managers, I'll be honest.

Factual statement about Lambert. We did play ourselves out of play off contention under him. Not sure why you're being so precious about it.

Interestingly Lambert hasn't found another gig anywhere yet so it appears his stock is a lot higher on here than within the footballing world generally.

Bi Jesus Rev there is optimism and serious brain malfunction

Where has your head been for the last 6 years?

Seriously - it feels like yourself , Parson and Chaddy are in a completely different universe to what is actually going on.

Did you/do you really think there was any other outcome with FKW, and as for the owners (who ever that may be)!

With respect to you all, I say this in jest but you 3 just give me the impression of ' the Goldfish of Apocalypse'

When Coyle was appointed I said it would end in tears and it will at some point. I simply will not walk away from the club no matter how bad things get and I accept that they may well get worse before they get better. I'm too old to change my belief that you support a club through good and times and bad. It's got nothing to do with this super fan that some like to throw around as an insult as if you could ever feel insulted for supporting your club. I know that is an outdated concept to some but it's one I still believe in. I'm sorry if that upsets people - I really don't see why it should.

Well he certainly won't beat his points per game tally. Wonder if he can match Bowyer's tremendous 3 wins from the first 16?

What was it, just over 1 point per game? I think that's beyond Coyle.

Who knows if he'll trump Bowyer, but it's going to be edge-of-the-seat stuff finding out.

Maybe one day we'll get a good manager.

• Moderation Lead

Coyle's that bad he might beat Lambert's 9 games without a win from last season.

Lambert equaled Bowyer's total wins with half the games, still, you keep referencing the 9 without a win if it makes you feel better......

Factual statement about Lambert. We did play ourselves out of play off contention under him. Not sure why you're being so precious about it.

Interestingly Lambert hasn't found another gig anywhere yet so it appears his stock is a lot higher on here than within the footballing world generally.

To 'play yourself out of playoff contention' suggests that we were in the mix in the first place. Which we weren't. Which we haven't been for our entire stay in the Championship, bar a couple of weeks at the end of the 2013/2014 season, when we needed all results to go our way plus gain about a dozen goals or so on a few teams.

• Moderation Lead

I've no idea why every post you make seems to have a swipe at him, but it is what it is.

No Parson ,most of the players on the pitch , are not good enough to wear the shirt !

Signed by a fraudulent regime , who from day one , asset stripped the club .....

In 1789 the peasants stormed the Bastille , the time as come !

A hugely disappointing result as we looked good enough for a point. At the moment we are having no luck whatsoever in front of goal and are being punished for individual errors - the classic relegation formula. We looked good for a point until we made a mistake at the back and didn't pick up the goalscorer. Rotherham is now a huge fixture as a win will put us back in the pack but another reverse and it's difficult to see how we will avoid being cut adrift long before Christmas. I suspect that Coyle won't be sacked as the owners won't want to pay compensation to another manager and his backroom team so we can only hope that he can turn it around - the sooner the better. Rovers really do need those 9,000 home fans behind them in these troubled times. I must say that the backing that a very poor Leeds side got was impressive.

Complete fallacy. Leeds had 28000 for their previous home game AND LOST!

They consistently have well over 20000 and have been wallowing around in the bottom half of the Championship for years.

The team isn't good enough, the manager isn't good enough, the structure of the club isn't good enough.

You have got it the wrong way round. The fans are missing because the club is rotten, the club is not rotten because 9000 fans are missing.

Archived