BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are We Entering The Final Phase?

Tom

For those interested in some light reading, here is Venkys annual report for 2015-16:

http://www.venkys.com/Venkys_Annual_Report_2015-16.pdf

As far as I can see not one reference to Blackburn Rovers in the entire report (more than 100 pages long).

'Enterprises over which key management personnel and their relatives have significant influence and enterprises having a key management personnel in common where transactions have taken place during the year' - no mention of Blackburn Rovers. Almost as though we don't exist.

Interesting that the Venkys AGM is being held on 29th September 2016 at 10:30am at the Hotel Le Meridian in Pune

This bit was funny

3. To appoint a Director in place of Mr. B. Venkatesh Rao, who retires by rotation and being eligible offers
himself for re-appointment.
Quick calculation I think this is right, lacs are 100,000 units so turnover was about 243 million GBP?
That food looks grim by the way.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Message from Vinjay (who isn't going to stop pestering until I post this) to PhilipL:

"You are a jackass."

Not entirely sure I agree personally but I'm trying to watch Leicester and this is the quickest solution to my phone going off.

I am genuinely sorry that he has been pestering you for so long.

Being called a jackass by Vinjay is a sort of proof that I am fine and all is well with the world.

Interesting that the accounts do not mention that they own Venkys London Limited, giving that they show all other companies they are involved with, and own. Venkys London Limited are owned by Venkateshwara Hatcheries Private Limited.

Something I flagged up a while ago and it seems a bit odd. We were told in the early propaganda days that V's were funding it personally yet VLL has always come under the VH group as it's parent. You'd think it would show up somewhere if that was the case ?

Blaming the fans !!! Poor

He has a point though. Plenty of fans whinged and whined when things were better than good. Sam's football style, selling star players to tick over, the trust need to sell, Riverside needs developing, quite a long list. I'm sure with hindsight they'd be quieter and more patient.

He has a point though. Plenty of fans whinged and whined when things were better than good. Sam's football style, selling star players to tick over, the trust need to sell, Riverside needs developing, quite a long list. I'm sure with hindsight they'd be quieter and more patient.

That's football though particularly when your at the top table and have been for a while. A quick glimpse around other clubs message boards will paint a very similar picture. You can bet your last quid Leicester fans will be moaning about something or other before long.

That's football though particularly when your at the top table and have been for a while. A quick glimpse around other clubs message boards will paint a very similar picture. You can bet your last quid Leicester fans will be moaning about something or other before long.

Absolutely. Some Leicester fans will forget the miracle very quickly.

That's a nonsense argument though. The fans weren't in uproar and certainly weren't leading campaigns against the owners due to the reasons you've mentioned. The fact of the matter is the Riverside did need developing, we did need to stop selling our top stars and the football under Sam was in stark contrast to the football we'd become accustomed too under Hughes. Let's not try to brush off the criticisms of the current regime with our whines of old. We all still went and all still staunchly defended anything Blackburn Rovers under the old ownership but, as with any football club, felt there was room for improvement.

The Trust made it clear they wanted to sell and the fans simply said there needs to be movement in that area. It was going on for some time.

It can be in no way compared to the current situation.

That's a nonsense argument though. The fans weren't in uproar and certainly weren't leading campaigns against the owners due to the reasons you've mentioned. The fact of the matter is the Riverside did need developing, we did need to stop selling our top stars and the football under Sam was in stark contrast to the football we'd become accustomed too under Hughes. Let's not try to brush off the criticisms of the current regime with our whines of old. We all still went and all still staunchly defended anything Blackburn Rovers under the old ownership but, as with any football club, felt there was room for improvement.

The Trust made it clear they wanted to sell and the fans simply said there needs to be movement in that area. It was going on for some time.

It can be in no way compared to the current situation.

I disagree. I remember quite a few packing in because of the football on offer. Some deny it happened, but it absolutely did.

Oh, to have those troubles again.

Frankly,I think that is irrelevant to this hell..

Sam's football was woeful. Certain away games were...well lets say fulfilled...BUT we all knew he was having to manage on a shoestring, due to the Walker Mistrust's change in policy.

But the reason Sam was sacked was merely to allow the sleasy lounge lizard predators the opportunity to make hay with Jack's legacy and sign players for interests other than winning matches.

Any other conclusion is laughable...

Frankly,I think that is irrelevant to this hell..

Sam's football was woeful. Certain away games were...well lets say fulfilled...BUT we all knew he was having to manage on a shoestring, due to the Walker Mistrust's change in policy.

But the reason Sam was sacked was merely to allow the sleasy lounge lizard predators the opportunity to make hay with Jack's legacy and sign players for interests other than winning matches.

Any other conclusion is laughable...

I have really got to add that the football was changing towards the end of Sam's reign and it was getting more pro active.

I have really got to add that the football was changing towards the end of Sam's reign and it was getting more pro active.

Well, I remember Stoke, and f*** Arsenal away. Worse still, I knew what would happen but I reluctantly agreed to go with London in laws. I hated myself.. Must be genetic Two of my kids went to Leeds this week.." You don't know what you're doing!"

At HOME I actually thought the footy was progressing to Hughesy-type footy in his final season. Away, I can't say, but apparently it stayed abysmal.

It's the performances against arsenal, Chelsea, city, Liverpool and that 7-1 at United that stick in people's memories!

Funnily enough, I remember victories at Bolton, Blackpool and Burnley more vividly.

It's the performances against arsenal, Chelsea, city, Liverpool and that 7-1 at United that stick in people's memories!

Funnily enough, I remember victories at Bolton, Blackpool and Burnley more vividly.

SA took over a team bottom of the league in December 2008, and kept us up.

The following season (09/10) he sold Santa Cruz and Warnock, got only a fraction of the cash to spend, and we finished 10th.

Then he was sacked in December 10 with us mid-table. It's hardly like he had chance to build a squad during that time.

Was there some poor performances in that period? Yes, but I saw lots of those under Souness, Hughes (esp when he first took over) etc...

I disagree. I remember quite a few packing in because of the football on offer. Some deny it happened, but it absolutely did.

Everybody knows people who packed in at that point, particularly away games. However, the attendances figures held up. Either the numbers who packed in were really low or new ones came along.

Given time and backing, these issues would have gone away with success.

• Backroom

SA took over a team bottom of the league in December 2008, and kept us up.

The following season (09/10) he sold Santa Cruz and Warnock, got only a fraction of the cash to spend, and we finished 10th.

Then he was sacked in December 10 with us mid-table. It's hardly like he had chance to build a squad during that time.

Was there some poor performances in that period? Yes, but I saw lots of those under Souness, Hughes (esp when he first took over) etc...

I remember a 3-3 away at Brum under Hughes and was convinced we were heading down. What that man achieved here in just his first 2 seasons was virtually miraculous. Imo, only Leicester realistically top it in terms of speed of rise.

Very true - I had several conversations with friends who moaned that under Allardyce that 'even winning a game felt like a defeat, as the football was so pish poor (hoofball and sore necks from craning skywards)..'

Still, back to the present - are we at the edge of the precipice? IMO we have been teetering on the brink for some time now, and reading DunnFC's assertion that the eejits want £100million for this now relatively worthless enterprise makes me think that it is only a matter of time before someone with a hard business nose clocks the fact that this isn't going to get any better anytime soon under current circumstances, and therefore decides to pull the plug...

Venkys OUT!

Everybody knows people who packed in at that point, particularly away games. However, the attendances figures held up. Either the numbers who packed in were really low or new ones came along.

Given time and backing, these issues would have gone away with success.

Home attendances increased under big sam; admittedly John Williams played a part with sensible season ticket pricing.

I do agree with that. My only point was there was ample reason for people to be dissatisfied with the style of football. But that certainly didn't justify Anderson getting him sacked for his own ends. Neither does it justify some people blaming the fans for Anderson's recommendation or rather .......management decision....

Archived