BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are We Entering The Final Phase?

Tom

• Backroom

They are trying to flog the club at a ridiculous price? Have I missed something?

It was suggested by somebody on here (I forget who) that the club was "unofficially" for sale at around £100m. Basically Venky's wanted all of their money recouped.

No actual source given so it's up to you whether you believe that or not.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a contradiction philipl.

Though I was not sure turning the taps off in the mid noughties was what Jack wanted, you can't argue that letting John Williams and Tom Finn run the club was a master stroke.

However, talk about short sightedness 'you can't make money out of a club the size of Rovers' was the refrain of many and probably the Trust too, however subsequent TV deals have blown that completely out of the water. Clubs the size of Bournemouth and Swansea are now richer than AC Milan.

Selling to the first bunch of clowns that stumped up the cash (for a pittance) was not only an affront to all Jack built but terrible business too.

Though I was not sure turning the taps off in the mid noughties was what Jack wanted, you can't argue that letting John Williams and Tom Finn run the club was a master stroke.

However, talk about short sightedness 'you can't make money out of a club the size of Rovers' was the refrain of many and probably the Trust too, however subsequent TV deals have blown that completely out of the water. Clubs the size of Bournemouth and Swansea are now richer than AC Milan.

Selling to the first bunch of clowns that stumped up the cash (for a pittance) was not only an affront to all Jack built but terrible business too.

20 : 20 hindsight

After they've sucked out whatever they can, this situation is The prélude and has ultimate voluntary liquidation written all over it. Cheston is nothing more than an overseeing administrator IMO but not in name.

Surely anyone that's been in a business can see the signs, they'd have had dialogue with Seneca otherwise. (Whoever 'they' may be btw)

We've every right to be extremely worried and The FA should be asking some serious questions but won't for whatever reason.

We need to forget any egos, stop buggering about, respect others individual viewpoints and unite. IMO time is not on our side and We need to get pedaling before its too late.

Sadly, there were ructions between Walker family members and the Trust which are now out into the open.

We will never know what the Trust would have done had there not been that personal law suit brought against Egerton-Vernon.

The Chinese are going big- look at the Liverpool offer.

It is such a shame the Trust could not have hung on for a few years longer. We wouldn't have been relegated from the Premier League, would not have been tainted and destroyed by Crescendo and we would now be looking at new owners who could be capable of reviving past glories.

Too many supporters got on the backs of the Trust in my opinion and have duly been rewarded by this horrific mess.

Blaming the fans !!! Poor

20 : 20 hindsight

Not really yoda IMO.

The TV Sky deal has gone up significantly every single time it has been renegotiated. It was always on an upward curve and shows no signs of abating.

They bought the club for £23m. It was practically given away. This is what I don't understand. The TV deal at the time was worth what? (I'll really can't recall so anyone please feel free to shoot me down on these figures) £40m per annum? Then you have the value of the players at the time. "Venkys" will have got their money back through the sale of Jones and half a Samba. Never mind all the others. Plus parachute payments of x2 £16m and x2 £8m over 4 years. (Admittedly they also took on £20m of debt as well - they've done wonders with that and grown it five fold)

This is where the FA, The Premier League, The EFL and the Government need to get a grip and tighten things up. What was Rovers at the time? £60m revenue organisation? Where does the money go? On wages and transfers. No one really needs to spend it on that do they? You don't have to be successful or even try to maintain a position in the top flight do you? And it'll happen again, it probably already is. Too much money sloshing around, huge amounts - and nothing in place to stop clubs falling into the wrong hands.

Chuck in Agent involvement, potential betting irregularities and well, as I'm sure it was said at the time - they really couldn't go wrong.

Not really yoda IMO.

The TV Sky deal has gone up significantly every single time it has been renegotiated. It was always on an upward curve and shows no signs of abating.

They bought the club for £23m. It was practically given away. This is what I don't understand. The TV deal at the time was worth what? (I'll really can't recall so anyone please feel free to shoot me down on these figures) £40m per annum? Then you have the value of the players at the time. "Venkys" will have got their money back through the sale of Jones and half a Samba. Never mind all the others. Plus parachute payments of x2 £16m and x2 £8m over 4 years. (Admittedly they also took on £20m of debt as well - they've done wonders with that and grown it five fold)

This is where the FA, The Premier League, The EFL and the Government need to get a grip and tighten things up. What was Rovers at the time? £60m revenue organisation? Where does the money go? On wages and transfers. No one really needs to spend it on that do they? You don't have to be successful or even try to maintain a position in the top flight do you? And it'll happen again, it probably already is. Too much money sloshing around, huge amounts - and nothing in place to stop clubs falling into the wrong hands.

Chuck in Agent involvement, potential betting irregularities and well, as I'm sure it was said at the time - they really couldn't go wrong.

My worry was Swansea before the spanish lad joined for 15 million were to head the same way under the new owners.

It was suggested by somebody on here (I forget who) that the club was "unofficially" for sale at around £100m. Basically Venky's wanted all of their money recouped.

No actual source given so it's up to you whether you believe that or not.

I can confirm that's the asking price I've been told despite me pointing out it basically worthless.

Not really yoda IMO.

Not sure. The Sky bubble has been predicted to burst for some time - just how high can the figures go? It's been obscene for some time, now it's something else.

Message from Vinjay (who isn't going to stop pestering until I post this) to PhilipL:

"You are a jackass."

Not entirely sure I agree personally but I'm trying to watch Leicester and this is the quickest solution to my phone going off.

Anyone else feel like Venkys are entering the final phase of their reign of hell?

It seems to me like pretty much every single asset player wise has been cashed in on and any money that was ever coming in has stopped.

I feel they are now going to milk us for every penny they can before finding a way to stop funding be that through a sale or attempt to wind up. The rumours of the enquiry about selling the land tie in with this. It's also why I don't expect Coyle to come under any pressure.

I just hope when we are in league one next season we can start to rebuild slowly Venky free!

I think we are entering the final stages tbf. I guess they will make a decision on whether to keep us or sell us? the price has to be sensible and not stupid.

will take a couple of years to stabilised the club but we will one day get back to the PL

I think it's almost certain that our next owners will be Asian, most likely Chinese.

I think either Chinese or middle east. t

It is such a shame the Trust could not have hung on for a few years longer. We wouldn't have been relegated from the Premier League, would not have been tainted and destroyed by Crescendo and we would now be looking at new owners who could be capable of reviving past glories.

Too many supporters got on the backs of the Trust in my opinion and have duly been rewarded by this horrific mess.

I think the trust should have keep the club and waiting for these new TV deals to kick in. The PL TV deal is worth millions and millions pounds each season. 77

I think the fans wanted us to kick on and started achieving more.

Not sure. The Sky bubble has been predicted to burst for some time - just how high can the figures go? It's been obscene for some time, now it's something else.

don't see Sky Bubble bursting anytime soon.

the PL TV deal is massive and is worldwide tv deal treble last time around I believe(could be wrong tho)

will take a couple of years to stabilised the club but we will one day get back to the PL

OMG I AM TRYING TO IGNORE YOU CHADDY I REALLY AM .....BUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA A POST THAT MAKES VINJAY LOOK NORMAL

...christ all mighty do you not get the actual real life situation we are in......i know i wont see premier league at ewood again in my lifetime

The plan falls down though if we are no longer in the Championship, if we are relegated the academy will almost certainly lose its current status and we will be playing in the central league rather than the premier development league, so the kids coming to us will have been turned down by every prem and champ club, which when you look at the amount of kids they take a punt on each year it gives us an insight into the sorts of scholars we would be signing.

At the moment prem and champ clubs are largely turning out players fit for lg 1 and lg 2 with lg 1 clubs turning out conference players, by the time all the prem and championship clubs have had their pick of the kids, each club taking on roughly 30 scholars a year, circa 1300 kids, whats left is generally the dross that has little to no hope of making a career from football. Those are the kids we will be looking at, for venkys plan to make money from selling kids to lower league clubs we need to be in the championship at least.

Interesting points and i'll admit to not being up to speed with the academy system now. So you can't have a cat 1 in the lower leagues even if you can fund it ?

I'm not sure it would be Venkys plan if it was to be put in practise more the plan of those still involved in the club and breathing in their ears. There'll always be a few quid involved in moving players around even kids but I agree it sounds pointless unless we are at least competitive in the champ and giving them games there.

Another relegation gives them excuse to close it though I suppose then there is a lump of land of no use to the club ;)

Then just fill next seasons squad with this seasons youth and fire off most of the rest. This is not something any football person would advise but a suited accountant or an Indian businessman would just look at the numbers and it would make sense.

Thing is they obviously haven't been interested for at least 3 years, I can't remember the last time they even attended a game.

So it makes no sense to me other than they don't want to go public they want to sell (as that immediately reduces the price), and aren't prepared to put any more money into it, so it is up to the board to generate the cash to keep things running- hence the player sales. The cash is effectively paying the wages of the current squad, plus whoever else we may still be paying.

Once the tills hit zero, then either admin, or hand over the keys.

At one stage that was the nightmare- now we are in such dire straits it may be the best way.

Don't agree with this. The Trrust were desperate to sell, you said so yourself I seem to recall. They didn't want to sell because we were criticising them! They wanted to dump a loss-making sector of their business empire. Shame on them!

When you say it's a pity the Trust couldn't have hung on a little longer, what was there to prevent them?

Don't forget that the club had been on the market for years before Venkys bid came in. We were stagnating from lack of investment and always one poor manager away from relegation.

An odd post from you.

Heard all the suggestion and rumour about admin and the owners leaving but I'll believe it when I see it.

From the evidence presented - a brief summary of their ownership (in my eyes) is believing a pack of lies, shifting their decisions to more bad advice, then eventual ignorance with basic instructions to the husk of remaining staff to make the club "wash its face"

Unless someone is going to give these cretins their money back or at least a substantial part of it, we will continue to decline due to the sheer embarrassment of accepting blame. Maybe in 10 years when we are out of thought enough for sale or folding exercise to be ignored.

Depressing.

• The club wasn't 'theirs'. The idea of a Trust is that assets/businesses/wealth/property are safeguarded/protected beyond someone's death. In this case the club belonged to Jack Walker, and he entrusted the people on the Trust to manage/look after the club once he had died. If the club was losing money, then it was losing money. I'm sure Jack would have calculated the cost of running the club in each division and would have known that funds were in place to keep it going. There was a clear remit when he died that the Trust would ensure 'business as usual' in terms of maintaining the existing structure and ensuring the club was looked after. I remember very clear comments from Jack Walker prior to his death reassuring fans that the club was protected and that the trust would continue to invest in the club using proceeds from the other businesses.

The Trust don't deserve credit for the excellent work of people like Williams, Finn, Hughes and Allardyce. John Williams was already at the club before Jack Walker died and was responsible for the board of directors at the club and club staff. The arrangement of the Trust remaining in the background whilst John Williams managed the day to day business was already in place prior to Jack's death and the Trust merely allowed that situation to continue. In some respects they were lucky that Jack Walker had found such a capable CEO/Chairman to run it and that Williams stuck around for more than a decade doing the job well, because if he'd have walked away or been less capable they might not have had a Premier League club to offload.

I would love to see the precise figures of what income the club had in the Premier League and how much it was losing per annum, and how much the Trust were putting in. Somehow the Trust in their continuing silence have managed to convince the majority of the fanbase that BRFC was a loss making burden that they simply couldn't afford to maintain and had to get rid of asap and they were therefore perfectly reasonable to sell it to this mob and their agency friends. I refuse to accept that the club was a burden, and even if it was anyone with an ounce of interest in the Premier League would have known that the value and revenue of Premier League clubs was only going to go one way. These days we have Chinese billionaires buying West Brom and Americans buying Swansea and Palace. Why then was it so difficult for them to sell us and why did they end up virtually giving the club away to probably the single most suspicious and dodgy looking group of people to buy into English football in the last 10 years?

For those interested in some light reading, here is Venkys annual report for 2015-16:

http://www.venkys.com/Venkys_Annual_Report_2015-16.pdf

As far as I can see not one reference to Blackburn Rovers in the entire report (more than 100 pages long).

'Enterprises over which key management personnel and their relatives have significant influence and enterprises having a key management personnel in common where transactions have taken place during the year' - no mention of Blackburn Rovers. Almost as though we don't exist.

Interesting that the Venkys AGM is being held on 29th September 2016 at 10:30am at the Hotel Le Meridian in Pune

Interesting that the accounts do not mention that they own Venkys London Limited, giving that they show all other companies they are involved with, and own. Venkys London Limited are owned by Venkateshwara Hatcheries Private Limited.

Archived