BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are We Entering The Final Phase?

Tom

• Backroom

Anyone else feel like Venkys are entering the final phase of their reign of hell?

It seems to me like pretty much every single asset player wise has been cashed in on and any money that was ever coming in has stopped.

I feel they are now going to milk us for every penny they can before finding a way to stop funding be that through a sale or attempt to wind up. The rumours of the enquiry about selling the land tie in with this. It's also why I don't expect Coyle to come under any pressure.

I just hope when we are in league one next season we can start to rebuild slowly Venky free!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think it's telling that there has not been so much as a whisper about Coyle being in any danger despite getting a miserable 2 points out of 21. We will never know why they sacked Bowyer, but by this time last season there was a lot of speculation that he was close to getting the boot. The lack of such for Coyle suggests a total disconnect from the owners, which either means they're preparing to leave or are leaving us to rot.

• Moderation Lead

I fear it's the latter, DE. That thread about 'teaching us a lesson' struck a chord with me and thought that was exactly what was happening. They're spoilt brats, who aren't used to people standing up to them will want to show those peasants who's boss. (All IMO, of course).

I'd love nothing more than for them to clear off, preferably off the edge of a cliff....

I think it's telling that there has not been so much as a whisper about Coyle being in any danger despite getting a miserable 2 points out of 21. We will never know why they sacked Bowyer, but by this time last season there was a lot of speculation that he was close to getting the boot. The lack of such for Coyle suggests a total disconnect from the owners, which either means they're preparing to leave or are leaving us to rot.

Or they are pleased with the job he is doing...

Things changed big time this summer - I've said that a few times, but I don't get the impression they're trying to sell the club yet. Administration at some point seems inevitable. There is still a way for them to turn it around, and quite an easy way, but are they, will they ever be capable of going that way? No, is the probable answer. You have to wonder why they don't.

Things changed in the January transfer window den when they finally cashed in on their talisman Rhodes for whom they'd fiercely rejected all offers prior to that.

Without wanting to get into the age old debate about Rhodes ability or lack thereof you don't sell your most valuable asset on the last day of the transfer window if you still harbour the slightest shred of ambition for the Club.

Since we played ourself out of play off contention last Christmas (not a dig at Lambert) it just feels like they have taken the decision to cash in on everything they possibly can. Olsson, Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy etc.

Is this in advance of a planned exit? Feels to me that way but we'll have to wait and see.

You would really hope so but the fact there has not been a whisper out of them not just about Colye but anything means they have distanced themself as far as possible from the club, let's be honest they were never close! They have zero sentiment for the club so extracting every last drop of money out of it will make not a jot of difference to them, they could not care if we no longer exist.

I expect they are trying to see what else they can sell before they dump us into admin. Colye will not go unless he walks as a pay out would be due.

• Backroom

Or they are pleased with the job he is doing...

Which basically equates to leaving us to rot.

Things changed in the January transfer window den when they finally cashed in on their talisman Rhodes for whom they'd fiercely rejected all offers prior to that.

Without wanting to get into the age old debate about Rhodes ability or lack thereof you don't sell your most valuable asset on the last day of the transfer window if you still harbour the slightest shred of ambition for the Club.

Since we played ourself out of play off contention last Christmas (not a dig at Lambert) it just feels like they have taken the decision to cash in on everything they possibly can. Olsson, Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy etc.

Is this in advance of a planned exit? Feels to me that way but we'll have to wait and see.

Realistically we were never in playoff contention, a few wins pushing us into the top 10 in December does not equate to challenging for the playoffs. At no point were we ever in a genuine position to get to that spot. 15th was a good achievement considering the mess Venky's had left us in before PL arrived.

• Moderation Lead

Exactly. Anything of any sort of value has been shifted, to be replaced with a player of lesser quality (in the main).

You're still obviously very bitter about Lambert selling Rhodes Rev. That happened in January and I'll tell you again that from that point, results on the field improved.

The big change occurred in the summer when Lambert asked for money to move the club forwards, was refused and was allowed to walk away. It was a policy change from the owners and had nothing to do with Rhodes leaving.

As has been said if you wanted a phasing out exit strategy then this would be it. Cash in the assets, very handy when most are willing as well, slash costs but do enough to try and keep it solvent and a team on the pitch. Hire people to oversee this, well they are here with the accountant crunching the no's, the Slasha guy overseeing it from Punes side and the cheap yes man gaffer with many connections and contacts to plug gaps with loans. It's all in motion but we still don' know the end game and there may still be others putting a spanner in the works not wanting to give up their little project.

Would be no surprise whatsoever to see us in league 1 this time next year with half the youth team making up the matchday squad alongside other loans etc.

The club might well be up for sale then or still stuck in turmoil whilst squabbling goes on in the background. Moving it on could take another 5 years.

Other side of the coin maybe they are squeezing every drop out then when we are marooned at the foot of the table in March and all but down the admin men might be brought in. Possibly the best end ?

Anyone else feel like Venkys are entering the final phase of their reign of hell?

A cynic might say the Rovers Trust think so, hence the jockeying for position.

I think when they sacked Bowyer they still thought promotion was a possibility. I think they've now given up and are happy just to let the club tick over. If they are happy to let us get relegated then they'll keep Coyle in situ. The next few weeks will tell us what their future intentions are.

One last desperate attempt for promotion with the appointment of a Warnock-type figure and then a sale in the summer if it fails would be my guess. Unless of course there are reasons they can't sell...

As much as I think a lot of the things that are going on behind the scenes are against FA, EFL rules and morally reprehensible I don't think they are actually breaking any laws that would particularly interest national and/or international crime agencies.

The documents released and those that are said to be circling are pretty damning toward the management or lack of at Rovers and some very shady agreements with agents, use of different companies as investment (or not) vehicles but none of them point to illegality, christ they barely even break any Company Law. We all have suspicions about betting syndicates but that is virtually impossible to ever prove and to get a link back to the owners is never ever going to happen. As much as its painful to us, buying a club, stripping it of assets and letting it rot is not illegal, its the prerogative of the owners unfortunately.

Sadly, and it's probably just my emotions taking over but i don't see any end in sight anytime soon.

They've tried and failed miserably, now they have reduced as much as they can do and they will just let thing tick over with minimal input/finance.

I doubt they even pay any attention towards the club these days. They will have just instructed SEM to find and hire a manger who's happy to work in whatever conditions , hence Coyles random appointment out of the blue.

• Backroom

Answer to the question .. No

Simple reason they don't want anyone from tax/Interpol/FBI/Scotland Yard going through the happenings .... Allegedly

I hope this isn't true otherwise any protest we could come up with or any work would be pointless

Archived