BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away In The Efl Cup

Expecting alot of changes with Hoban and Williams cup tie.

Greer cant play 3 times a week.

Evans only just back from Injury. So dont risk him.

Plus 2 important league games to come.

So my team for this game would be

Raya Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Hendrie Feeney Akpan Byrne Mahoney Samuelsen Bennett

We need Conway Marshall Emnes and Gallagher all fit for the Derby away imo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd quite like to see the team kept together from the weekend as much as possible and dare I say it that we win again. Confidence can work wonders.

Very true but surely we need Gallagher, Emnes, Marshall and Conway fit for the Derby game.

League has to be more important at this stage?

Expecting alot of changes with Hoban and Williams cup tie.

Greer cant play 3 times a week.

Evans only just back from Injury. So dont risk him.

Plus 2 important league games to come.

So my team for this game would be

Raya Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Hendrie Feeney Akpan Byrne Mahoney Samuelsen Bennett

We need Conway Marshall Emnes and Gallagher all fit for the Derby away imo

That line up may occur for the reasons you rightly say but its frightening. No stiker on show and no proven goal scorer anywhere. Play that side and its a 'forfeit' game. Personally I think at least one of Emnes and Gallagher will start.

I would agree chaddy that changes will be made. With Hoban and Williams cup-tied and Greer coming off with a knock on Saturday there will be wholesale changes. The next five League games look somewhat daunting and I suspect that Coyle will look to rest one or two. Wharton, Doyle and Mahoney may well get their chance and I suspect Byrne and Akpan will get the nod in midfield with Bennett returning to the starting line-up. One would like to see us put out as strong a team as possible because winning breeds confidence, however, with injuries and players cup-tied, I suspect it will be a makeshift team. It will be interesting to see what sort of team Leeds put out as the last two results will have lifted some of the pressure on the manager.

We need to approach this game as though it is a League match. We need to develop a winning feeling/mentality. Approaching it as a sideshow/distraction and putting out a weak side will set us back again. This is very much a winnable game if we go about it in the right way and a good cup run could do wonders for our league form, as it seemed to do when Coyle was Burnley manager and they had a good run in the League Cup.

After finally getting that first win on Saturday it is important that we start to get some consistency.

We actually now seem to have a fairly decent squad on our hands, albeit with some concerns defensively. With Mulgrew, Stokes, Graham and Bennett all out injured that ought to have been a major issue for us and yet the good performances of Conway, Gallagher and Emnes are making up for their absences. Interesting that Graham and Stokes were supposed to be our front two and 'big signings' this season yet we've ended up with Gallagher and Emnes working well and I would expect Graham/Stokes to now have a fight on their hands to reclaim a starting position when fit.

Are you playing Elliot Bennett up front there Chaddy?

Yes sought of.

I would agree chaddy that changes will be made. With Hoban and Williams cup-tied and Greer coming off with a knock on Saturday there will be wholesale changes. The next five League games look somewhat daunting and I suspect that Coyle will look to rest one or two. Wharton, Doyle and Mahoney may well get their chance and I suspect Byrne and Akpan will get the nod in midfield with Bennett returning to the starting line-up. One would like to see us put out as strong a team as possible because winning breeds confidence, however, with injuries and players cup-tied, I suspect it will be a makeshift team. It will be interesting to see what sort of team Leeds put out as the last two results will have lifted some of the pressure on the manager.

With Graham and Stokes out injured and Emnes was carrying a knock but wanting to play.

I would like to play our strongest team but we cant due to a number of reasons

• Moderation Lead

All is well again

Nobody is saying that, to be fair. This is a match thread where people will be talking about the upcoming match. There are endless other threads to talk about our owners and pretty much every issue to do with the club.

All is well again

No Abbey, we have players cup-tied for this game and several players carrying injuries. It's far from well but hopefully Coyle will be able to put out a team that will be competitive in this one. Admittedly, the League position is more important but Cup games are always a nice bonus to have.

From Wheelock on twitter

#rovers boss Owen Coyle openly admits there will be wholesale changes - '8 or 9' - for the EFL Cup tie at #lufc tomorrow.

Not unexpected. The League is the priority at the moment and with injuries and cup-tied players there is little else he can do.

Confidence breeds confidence, playing the same team and winning tomorrow night takes us into the Derby game on a high. Get a thumping and it's back to square one.

Look at the season we won the Worthington Cup, those victories in the cup set us up for a really strong finish when we had been looking like relegation. I don't buy into the resting players nonsense, if Emnes bagged 3 tomorrow night he would be flying for Saturday.

Nobody is saying that, to be fair. This is a match thread where people will be talking about the upcoming match. There are endless other threads to talk about our owners and pretty much every issue to do with the club.

Ok I've got it I think .. We pretend everything is good for the match thread .. Ok

Wembley Wembley

• Moderation Lead

I'm not pretending anything (I can't speak for anyone else), but I'm sure everyone on here knows the situation with the club, it is discussed enough on here in countless other threads.

I'm not saying what can or cannot be discussed, but it stands to reason that in the match thread that anything relating to the match will be discussed in here really......

Jesus Christ Abbey will you give it a rest. I'm as against Venkys as any man but it's all you ever go on about. This topic is clearly about the match day, not the owners. Nobody here is saying everything is ok, they are just trying to discuss the squad. There's about 7 other active topics of people discussing the swines. Must you infest every topic with your monotony?

You are without doubt one of the most terrible posters on here. Nowt but a novelty. A @#/? t-shirt gimmick. Make us look a laughing stock more than you make a useful contribution.

Archived