BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away In The Efl Cup

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The EFL cup is a bit of a gimmick these days. We are going to be playing plenty of games already and have a squad with injury problems. If going out of this cup means we have more of a chance of keeping our strongest 11 fit then I wouldn't mind so much.

I don't want to see us getting a thumping but I'd definitely considering resting players tomorrow to keep them fit for Derby - a much more important game in my opinion.

I'm afraid that I come from the school of thought that we have to take this competition seriously and field the strongest team possible. Of course if people are carrying knocks and the physios think they would be better off with a break then fine, but all those able to play and 100% fit should be starting. The League Cup (I refuse to call it by its 'rebranded' name) is a good chance to progress in the competition and develop some momentum to run alongside the league form.

If we were top of the league and going for promotion this season then I could perhaps accept that the cup was a distraction and a risk of impacting on our league form. As it is I'm a firm believer that the League Cup and FA Cup should be seen as a big thing and treated as such. Having finally secured a much needed win on Saturday and reached a stage where the team looks to be starting to get used to playing together then this should be seen as an opportunity to build up some momentum.

we cant do that every thread must be negative haha

And I have decided to attend this one aswell. abit gutted it wont be full strength side but I'm off this week so its a ideal time to go.

Be careful near the ground its really rough ( I thought it was anyway ), leeds city centre is nice enough though

Big money to be won here.

Coyley has gone from 'winnable' to '8 or 9 changes' mode - IMV, towel thrown in.

Winning provides confidence and momentum. Think he should be fielding strongest side possible giving them time to gel, establish a pattern of play and gain some rhythm.

Can't see anything other than a thumping - gone for Leeds at 11/10 by 4 goals to 1 at 50/1.

Coyley has gone from 'winnable' to '8 or 9 changes' mode - IMV, towel thrown in.

Winning provides confidence and momentum. Think he should be fielding strongest side possible giving them time to gel, establish a pattern of play and gain some rhythm.

Can't see anything other than a thumping - gone for Leeds at 11/10 by 4 goals to 1 at 50/1.

If Leeds play a weakened team too, it could be a tight affair. Not too sure you will get great value, but perhaps worth a handicap punt with Leeds -1 as part of an accumulator.

Your assuming their second string are that much better than ours ? Strange thinking.

We'll lose this by the odd goal.

Leeds 2 Rovers 1

Your assuming their second string are that much better than ours ? Strange thinking.

We'll lose this by the odd goal.

Leeds 2 Rovers 1

Don't think Monk will make that many changes.

Think he will recognise the importance of wins, confidence and momentum.

Friend has invited me along - depends upon timings. Can't say enthralled about prospect of Elland Road beating.

. It's far from well but hopefully Coyle will be able to put out a team that will be competitive in this one.

We weren't even competitive in the first game never mind this

Even you have posted previously we don't have enough strength in depth - so only hope is that the 'mighty' Leeds Leeds Leeds are as worse as us re depth and adopt 'an enforced' change attitude.

Surely you try your best to win all games. Leicester's success last year was built as much on the momentum winning brings, as was United's in the past, as in the talent of the players on display. If we were playing a team from a different division then I could understand wholesale changes but comeing off the back of a win, the team should pick itself bar those who are genuinely carrying a knock

Surely you try your best to win all games. Leicester's success last year was built as much on the momentum winning brings, as was United's in the past, as in the talent of the players on display. If we were playing a team from a different division then I could understand wholesale changes but comeing off the back of a win, the team should pick itself bar those who are genuinely carrying a knock

We have players cup-tied and players injured so changes were going to happen anyway. Evans has only just returned to fitness so clearly needs to be nursed through games with his injury whilst it's a good opportunity to see if Mahoney can deliver against better opposition than what he faces in the Under-23's. It sounds like Leeds are also going to put some of their squad players in tonight.

Gonna need every ounce of energy we've got to stay up with everything else that is going on. We'll never win this competition and we probably turn a loss every cup home game with no cash coming through the turnstiles.

Chuck the kids in. Maybe Samuelson can get a hat trick, start the next league game and lead the charge back to the Champions League.

8 or 9 changes, what an idiot. This game has got to be about trying to get the team to gell. If he's not bothered about progressing he must realise that. Why wouldn't you play Gallagher and Emnes together? Why wouldn't you play Your best centre back or midfield partnership to get them used to playing together? If I hear that moron moaning about trying to get a new team to gell after passing up a chance to give them game time. Players should be at the peak of fitness now anyway.

Looking forward to sticking the radio on! Got planning to do and I can't just about stick that and work at the same time!

Hoping for a suprise, we've excelled recent levels in this cup so maybe we can push on further.

Anticipating goals, do we have ET and Pens tonight?

Archived