BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Owen Coyle and his sidekick Sandy on a free transfer out of the club this window ?

They should be !

Coyle seems as cosy as Kean ever was. For a man with such an appalling results record over several seasons, he seems under no pressure at all to deliver results. You 'd have thought the local paper may have been asking questions to this effect, but alas no.

Radio Rovers said that Emnes was going back to Swansea after Christmas. Is this confirmed?

I think his loan deal is up in the middle of January. From Coyle comments it appears he wants him to stay either loan extension or permanent. Whether this happens I dont know. Depends on the owners yet again

Radio Rovers said that Emnes was going back to Swansea after Christmas. Is this confirmed?

It was being said yesterday that Le Tissier was under the impression Gallagher was going back to Soton in Jan. A very trying time coming up i think .......

Still there is always Giles.

%%%

Swansea are complete toss under their new manager. Emnes was loaned to us by the previous manager, you would think Bradley would want him back to give him a chance.

doubt Bradley will be manager there come January. talk of sacking him in the media and I've seen a few names mentions.

As a Brexiteers Al shouldn't we be sending him not back to Swansea but back home to his home country the Netherlands. The lads not got much in his locker to take up a space in English football.

Following on from Brexit and staying political shouldn't all non British players be sent back to their homelands once their contracts have expired ?

I think his loan deal is up in the middle of January. From Coyle comments it appears he wants him to stay either loan extension or permanent. Whether this happens I dont know. Depends on the owners yet again

Whatever JAL says I agree with you that Emnes has a bit of class. He's watched one match on TV and drawn a conclusion from that. Coil (and we know where they insert them) plays him wrong. He is not a target man and is better wider where he has a bit more room.

Swansea have loaned him out for the last two seasons. Why should they so keen to have him back now?

As a Brexiteers Al shouldn't we be sending him not back to Swansea but back home to his home country the Netherlands. The lads not got much in his locker to take up a space in English football.

Following on from Brexit and staying political shouldn't all non British players be sent back to their homelands once their contracts have expired ?

Don't be a pillock. I've always been in favour of an Australian type immigration policy and he can offer something that Rovers do not have.

Whatever JAL says I agree with you that Emnes has a bit of class. He's watched one match on TV and drawn a conclusion from that. Coil (and we know where they insert them) plays him wrong. He is not a target man and is better wider where he has a bit more room.

Swansea have loaned him out for the last two seasons. Why should they so keen to have him back now?

Totally agree..

Dont see Swansea wanting him. I would either use him in the 10 role or wide left in 4-3-3 formation

• Backroom

Much like with Marshall, if we let Emnes go back it's highly unlikely we'll get in a better replacement. That's not to say either Marshall or Emnes are great players, just better than what we're likely to dredge up should they leave.

Totally agree..

Dont see Swansea wanting him. I would either use him in the 10 role or wide left in 4-3-3 formation

He did nothing in that role against Brighton and was duly subbed send him back to Holland !

Emnes isn't good enough !

Archived