BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Window

If it was young Sam Gallager signing I wouldn't have a problem with Sam young raw already putting the ball away and he's English/British now a mediocre Dutch striker shouldn't be on these shores never mind at Blackburn or Swansea this I have an issue with his agent.

The two misses are in keeping with Emnes standard can't hit the back of the net from twelve yards OK you might miss one but to miss two shows hes just shyte !

I watched him against Brighton and he was not what I was expecting he totally disappointed me - he hasn't got it so send Emnes back end of story !

You've watched one match, on TV, all season and you consider yourself expert enough to decide that one of the best players is not good enough. Come back when you've seen him play a few more times and you MAY have a bit of credibility.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness Emnes was good yesterday, should have scored but his hold up and general contribution were great.

Jal has decided he's not good enough based on who his agent is as with Nyambe (you asked where he was - he came on yesterday)

It's boring now and touching on trolling, time to put up or shut up with the agent business.

Emnes for me is a top championship player, not quite a premier league one, if we signed him he'd become one of the top few players in our squad along with Graham

I reckon, he will be awesome in league 1

We won't be buying anybody unless cash comes in first and the Venkys are feeling kind and might let Owen spend a fraction of it.

Given that we only have about 3 players that would fetch any money, and the most valuable of those is out of contract in the summer and likely to sit tight and wait until then to pick his next club, they are really going to have to pull a rabbit or two out of the hat to get player(s) sold in money in during January.

Rest assured Cheston will be trying his best to drum up interest from rival clubs. Expect to see Corry Evans or Craig Conway or even Danny Graham as the sacrificial lambs if Marshall won't budge.

Then again, Cheston might have to wait until the May annual review in Pune to learn what his targets are for the next 12 months and find out how much he has to cut. They might be happy with the £10 million over the summer and leave things to drift until the summer with a few loans allowed to replace Samuelsen/Emnes/Byrne.

They probably don't even know there is a January transfer window.

With Marshalls wage already budgeted for then if he goes that might make a bit available for some movement in otherwise if he sits it out till summer i can't see many incomings.

That said who'd be surprised if he went and they used that money to pay off Guthrie to get his wages of the books ?

You've watched one match, on TV, all season and you consider yourself expert enough to decide that one of the best players is not good enough. Come back when you've seen him play a few more times and you MAY have a bit of credibility.

It's like when you see someone that haven't seen for ages and then see the visible difference in them from the last you saw them. They've trained all week to perform. The performance Emnes gave against Brighton then I see them glaring misses against Reading you can be forgiven for being used to that standard week in week out but it's a shock for me.

It's no wonder Rovers first team haven't been outside the bottom five all season.

Edit

It beggers belief if they pay off Guthrie yet add the likes of stokes on high wages and long contract. Especially when he doesn't play

Who's Guthrie agent he's not the same one or an associate of the one who brought Brad Orr to the club and got him his big payout.

We should be competitive next season in League One if we keep our players, that's for sure.

With the likes of Graham, Stokes, Mulgrew, Conway and Evans on decent Championship wages (hang long contracts) I think we would easily have the biggest wage bill in League One. I'd be amazed if any Rovers player has a relegation clause in their contracts given the haphazard nature of the senior Ewood staff.

With the likes of Graham, Stokes, Mulgrew, Conway and Evans on decent Championship wages (hang long contracts) I think we would easily have the biggest wage bill in League One. I'd be amazed if any Rovers player has a relegation clause in their contracts given the haphazard nature of the senior Ewood staff.

The only clause they'd be likely to have would be a bonus!

They'll be forced out of the club then, as per usual.

They'll be forced out of the club then, as per usual.

Paid off %%%%%

Then that debt will hamper us for the next 4 years !

Plus note is if they kept them for a season with the intention of going back up we might have a promotion to celebrate. Oh how the clappers and head in the sands would then hail the V's.

One step back, start of exciting times etc etc :rock:

His replacement will be utter toss. That's if we even replace him.

Yes, spot on, that's why getting rid of most players - think the Browns being an exception - are not a cause for delight because we'll always get worse.

People say Marshall's 1 in 5, or another player is League 1 standard so can bog off. Fine, except their replacements (IF they're replaced) will be a 1 in 10 player and a League 2 standard chap.

Let's look at the latest batch in. Half the loanees couldn't get in our (very poor) team, Gallagher has been a success, arguably Williams too, and the rest have been crocked, crap or both. It's also worth noting that Gallacher isn't ours, and Williams has been decent, but replaces player-of-the-year Olsson, so long term, not sure there's any improvement there either.

Mind you, the agents will be rubbing their hands with glee - between an aging back line and a raft of loanees returning, all needing to be replaced in a downgrading manner next season, means another significant cut for the parasites. So all's well at Ewood.

Yes, spot on, that's why getting rid of most players - think the Browns being an exception - are not a cause for delight because we'll always get worse.

People say Marshall's 1 in 5, or another player is League 1 standard so can bog off. Fine, except their replacements (IF they're replaced) will be a 1 in 10 player and a League 2 standard chap.

Let's look at the latest batch in. Half the loanees couldn't get in our (very poor) team, Gallagher has been a success, arguably Williams too, and the rest have been crocked, crap or both. It's also worth noting that Gallacher isn't ours, and Williams has been decent, but replaces player-of-the-year Olsson, so long term, not sure there's any improvement there either.

Mind you, the agents will be rubbing their hands with glee - between an aging back line and a raft of loanees returning, all needing to be replaced in a downgrading manner next season, means another significant cut for the parasites. So all's well at Ewood.

The only way it could work out in our favor is if we promote Mahoney to the first team and he is a success but it could very easily go the other way.

The only way it could work out in our favor is if we promote Mahoney to the first team and he is a success but it could very easily go the other way.

IF we promoted Mahoney to the first team and IF he was a success he'd be out of the door within a matter of months. The club would pretend to be trying to give him a new contract whilst making it pretty clear to anyone taking an interest that he isn't getting a new deal and he's available in the transfer window.

Even if a player wants to stay at Rovers he is sold (see Tom Cairney and no doubt others we aren't aware of).

And around and around we go again, each time a few notches down the football pyramid dealing with inferior players on slightly less money, but the cycle and process remains the same.

Give it 5 years and we'll be offloading our prized assets to Fylde and Morecambe and Cheston will have a spreadsheet to explain why.

IF we promoted Mahoney to the first team and IF he was a success he'd be out of the door within a matter of months. The club would pretend to be trying to give him a new contract whilst making it pretty clear to anyone taking an interest that he isn't getting a new deal and he's available in the transfer window.

Even if a player wants to stay at Rovers he is sold (see Tom Cairney and no doubt others we aren't aware of).

And around and around we go again, each time a few notches down the football pyramid dealing with inferior players on slightly less money, but the cycle and process remains the same.

Give it 5 years and we'll be offloading our prized assets to Fylde and Morecambe and Cheston will have a spreadsheet to explain why.

True.

Good point, well made

he's out of contract at the end of the season so we'd better hurry up

Archived