BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cowardly Ex Players, Ex Employees

ABBEY

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Lambert gave them more stick than anyone else has in the hotseat although Appleton had a few digs and probably helped himself through the door as it surely wasn't football related potting him it never is with these lot.

Lambo soon piped down when they'd agree to release him so i suppose there was some kind of modest settlement in the offing or he was after one. Also all it takes is an agent or two to advise against going to far if he wanted to stay in the game. For me he was the kind of blunt manager pragmatic we've needed since Allardyce.

The way the money flies through this club is ridiculous though. They've scrimped on everything since they pitched up despite the funding bull that gets spouted and in transfer i bet they are up on outgoings as opposed to incomings money wise or even at the least. They've cut back on the football side yet have always been keen to fly through mostly crap managers, whole coaching staffs, directors etc and seem happy to keep adding to debt and losses paying them off. Why never any real scrimping there ? All very odd the movement of money through BRFC. Allegedly poured in at the top in India and continually almost encouraged even to hemorrhage out via various sources.

Daz or Persil ?

It would explain why they say (again allegedly) they have to put in £30m a year. (Which we all know is bullshit). Maybe they are trying to get the amount they have to pay current employees down because they have spaffed so much paying off ex-employees so they don't blab about their past dealings? Who knows, but there's no way they have to stick £2m a month in to pay just current expenses that's for sure.

A friends brother was dealing with the exit (pay off) of one of our very well paid signings during Venky's tenure. He was finanlising the package and wanted clarification from one our (ex) esteemed off pitch figureheads which figure was correct for the settlement (they were many £100,000's apart) he shrugged and said he didn't know! Safe to say the higher figure was negotiated, I'd say our outgoings do contain lots of pay offs still and if they were dealt with the same way this one sounded to be they will be damn expensive!!!

If we have any very seriously wealthy fans we need them offer a few quid to some of these ex employees and they'll cough. Although i suppose they'd need to guarantee legal expenses as well :rock:

People might not talk but cash usually does.....

If we have any very seriously wealthy fans we need them offer a few quid to some of these ex employees and they'll cough. Although i suppose they'd need to guarantee legal expenses as well :rock:

People might not talk but cash usually does.....

It'll just take one and the rest will follow. It's just finding that one person / organisation who is willing and able to start chipping away at them. There has to be someone out there! If not, then I really fear for us.

What about ex Managers,King Kenny? Souness? Hughes?...no NDAs there.

You high profile football fellas had great success at Ewood,you must have some empathy to our cause?

Nothing but silence to date.

I'm sure they'd be equally as reticent if there was the slightest shenanigans at Anfield...

did fergie not speak up about the rovers being run by agents?

Yes it did and it was probably down to him being a good buddy of Allardyce. I think it was after he was sacked, so no doubt they had a chat about who was the real owner and who was running the club. If anyone should have come out and said their piece, it was Sam. That was early doors and as we all know, he want on to successfully extract money from Kean, for calling him a crook. Imagine if he had come out and spilled the beans at that point, perhaps this whole sorry mess would not have happened.

Some Rovers fans seem to worship Sam and I am not saying he didn't do a good job at Ewood, but each time I see him on TV now, I feel sick. He knows exactly what has gone on and has chosen to stay schtum, even though they shafted him too.

Ex players(now pundits) or ex managers wont speak out cos it will damaged their chances of getting a new job or their reputation.

Why would Hughes or Big Sam speak out? Its not their club is it. No connection to us. They arent Rovers fans.

Hasnt Souness said that Venkys have wrecked the club that Jack Built and he hates what gone on? But that was 5 years ago. He not going to keep going on about it is he? He said his piece now. Same with Salgado.

So what are people looking for from ex players/managers? A figurehead for the protest campaign? A guy to get other fans behind the campaign?

Ex players(now pundits) or ex managers wont speak out cos it will damaged their chances of getting a new job or their reputation.

Why would Hughes or Big Sam speak out? Its not their club is it. No connection to us. They arent Rovers fans.

Hasnt Souness said that Venkys have wrecked the club that Jack Built and he hates what gone on? But that was 5 years ago. He not going to keep going on about it is he? He said his piece now. Same with Salgado.

So what are people looking for from ex players/managers? A figurehead for the protest campaign? A guy to get other fans behind the campaign?

I know it won't happen, but imagine someone like Shearer, publicly putting some serious funds into one of the campaigns like the advert in the Indian press. It would give us some serious exposure and would make it a lot more successful.

I know it won't happen, but imagine someone like Shearer, publicly putting some serious funds into one of the campaigns like the advert in the Indian press. It would give us some serious exposure and would make it a lot more successful.

Good idea but it always come back to money.

are you totally a WUM ,deluded or a numpty ? what do you think we want ?

are you totally a WUM ,deluded or a numpty ? what do you think we want ?

You started this thread to moan about it. But I dont know what you are really expecting to acheive from this apart from having a good moan about it.

Outline a plan and set of goals to achieved? Have you ever spoke to any ex players or employees about it?

Its a job to most players and managers. Nothing else

Just a thought, but has anyone ever thought of asking Dave Whelan for some support. I know he is still involved at Wigan, but he has been one to raise his head above parapet and may help raise a few eyebrows again.

The money they made with us is in tgeir bank accounts, they don't care past that with one or two exceptions, Salgado for one. What a man he is.

Benni McCarthy tweeted over NY. Would love to help the club apparently. :glare:

Then we have, Savage, Sutton, Shearer, Micky Gray, Matt Jansen whom all have re-tweeted or wrote in there newspaper columns. Would love the OP Abbs to copy each tweet onto the OP to keep track and get it pinned by the mods.

Archived