BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cowardly Ex Players, Ex Employees

ABBEY

It's about time that some of these who claim to have an affection for the club actually grew a pair and try and help us save our club. Surely there's someone out there who has taken the blood money that is man enough to stand up and say hey you know what @#/? the venkyscum and the corruption let's save rovers or at least dish the dirt and make it very awkward for those shysters involved .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the same old thing with people who work in football it's a closed shop. I know one or two ex players, not just Rovers and not high profile yet you rarely get anything out of them in regards to what went on behind closed doors in their careers. Speak to an ex boxer and they'll chat all night about goings on. Football has always thought it's above everyone and everything else.

Like anything else if someone was offering 10k a time they'd be queuing up to squeal though.

It's about time that some of these who claim to have an affection for the club actually grew a pair and try and help us save our club. Surely there's someone out there who has taken the blood money that is man enough to stand up and say hey you know what @#/? the venkyscum and the corruption let's save rovers or at least dish the dirt and make it very awkward for those shysters involved .

As tomphil rightly points out its a closed shop Abs, they're all in it together, look at Mike Newell when he tried to rock the boat, Oyston not paying agents, cast out into the footballing wilderness.

I think its a fair assumption to make that bungs go right to the top of the sport in this country, so if the FA and managers are on the take, footballers and footballers families are being bought with 'sweeteners' like cars, villas abroad and houses, then why would anyone want to rock the boat?

I can on speak for myself, but I'd NEVER sign a NDA if I felt it important to speak out, you can shove the £1m payoff up your arse, but sadly its been Rovers employee and player after player happy to take a cash and secure future employment and fill the bank account at the expense of the average man in the street.

With each passing day I hate the sport even more.

I guess we should not be too surprised.

Remember this is the same closed shop culture that enabled and presided over so many young players being abused over so many years.

Avoidance of responsibility, looking the other way, not rocking the boat.

Just watch, When it is all "safely in the past", all the superficial, gravy train pundits/ex players/media will be jumping on the bandwagon, wringing their hands, saying

"This must never happen again!!"

Sound familiar?

What do you expect ex employees or ex players to say?

Its a job to alot of former employees/players not a club they support.

That's absolutely irrelevant they know the difference between right and wrong but they are mostly self serving to$$ers.

Then you look at someone like Salgado who's quite happily spoke up, not his club though are we ?

How about them showing a little empathy to our plight Chaddy,how about them showing some support for the fans and the club (yes,the same fans who supported them) in their darkest hours.

Is it all too much to ask of them?..Bloody poor do if true.

Yeah it's bad enough when some of our own fans criticise fellow fans willing to try and raise the issues. No wonder why explayers don't bother.

It's the same old thing with people who work in football it's a closed shop. I know one or two ex players, not just Rovers and not high profile yet you rarely get anything out of them in regards to what went on behind closed doors in their careers. Speak to an ex boxer and they'll chat all night about goings on. Football has always thought it's above everyone and everything else.

Like anything else if someone was offering 10k a time they'd be queuing up to squeal though.

Listening to the commentary on Radio Lancs today rammed home the point you make about the 'closed shop' .

I'm not necessarily saying Kevin Gallacher knows anything about the regime and certainly doesn't want to get himself in bother, however it struck me just how much the owners/manager get away with.

Not once was Coyle mentioned as a reason we are struggling or Venky's for that matter, we just are, right! At one point he seemed to suggest that Rovers fans expected the 90s back, you know 'get real'.

Of course, totally different if you are a fan of a big club, you are totally justified to 'demand change', after all they 'deserve success'. The local/national media and their pundits will do your bidding for you.

Now at a Rovers, you get zero national coverage, obviously, and locally noone will rock the boat, God forbid you or the other local journo that actually enter Brockhall are banned from Owen's scatter gun pressers!

You always get the impression that if you support a provincial town club, those in the game just believe that week after week, year after year of garbage are something us fans have to accept, it is certainly not the fault of Coyley- 'good lad is Owen, played a few rounds of golf with him'. Jobs for the boys in the lower league/local scene. Bowyer was backed to the hilt by the likes of Garner/Gallacher until the day Lambert was appointed, then it was all 'yep, time for a change' and then the cycle starts again.

You'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic.

Kevin Gallagher is just another example of an ex-player looking to protect his future earnings and not rock any boats. King rat had to almost **** Gallaghers wife before he'd criticize the rat, it was pathetic and he lives in the town!

I enjoy listening to Sutton on radio 5 because he tells it as it is, doesn't care if he upsets people, just the sort of pundit we need following Rovers around the country because he'd ruffle a few feathers and would certainly bring attention to our desperate plight if he was more aware of the shenanigans going on.

But Chris Suttons are few and far between sadly.

Listening to the commentary on Radio Lancs today rammed home the point you make about the 'closed shop' .

I'm not necessarily saying Kevin Gallacher knows anything about the regime and certainly doesn't want to get himself in bother, however it struck me just how much the owners/manager get away with.

Not once was Coyle mentioned as a reason we are struggling or Venky's for that matter, we just are, right! At one point he seemed to suggest that Rovers fans expected the 90s back, you know 'get real'.

Of course, totally different if you are a fan of a big club, you are totally justified to 'demand change', after all they 'deserve success'. The local/national media and their pundits will do your bidding for you.

Now at a Rovers, you get zero national coverage, obviously, and locally noone will rock the boat, God forbid you or the other local journo that actually enter Brockhall are banned from Owen's scatter gun pressers!

You always get the impression that if you support a provincial town club, those in the game just believe that week after week, year after year of garbage are something us fans have to accept, it is certainly not the fault of Coyley- 'good lad is Owen, played a few rounds of golf with him'. Jobs for the boys in the lower league/local scene. Bowyer was backed to the hilt by the likes of Garner/Gallacher until the day Lambert was appointed, then it was all 'yep, time for a change' and then the cycle starts again.

I was thinking the same today. But it is the same every week.

.It's as if Mr Gallacher is sitting in a room, full of elephants, but he only talks about about the wallpaper.Shameful!

Sadly a lot of ex-players are not that talented off the pitch. So a pundit is the only career they can hope for. Therefore, whoever is their paymaster or potential paymaster dictates what they say. They're not exactly going to be CEO of Tesco or Goldman Sachs, so they just parrot what will cause the least amount of trouble to those above, and what the public think is secondary.

They don't bite the hand that feeds them, and chase the next easy wage.

How about them showing a little empathy to our plight Chaddy,how about them showing some support for the fans and the club (yes,the same fans who supported them) in their darkest hours.

Is it all too much to ask of them?..Bloody poor do if true.

Its just a job to alot of players and ex players to earn a wage for them.

Dont know why fans expect them to care. Its a job at the end of the day.

Plus what do expect ex players/ex employees to say and do about the current situation? Its not like they can force Venkys to sell the club.

Its just a job to alot of players and ex players to earn a wage for them.

Dont know why fans expect them to care. Its a job at the end of the day.

Plus what do expect ex players/ex employees to say and do about the current situation? Its not like they can force Venkys to sell the club.

What I'd like Chaddy is for them to stop pissing in my ear and then telling me it's raining.

One ex employee who has spoken out against Venkys on twitter is Alan Myers.

Shortly into the new year he tweeted a picture of the Rovers badge with the message 'get it back in 2017.'

To his credit he always said he would walk if he couldn't do the best job for the fans, and he duly upheld his word.

As someone who has a few barcode mates all i can say about Gallacher is he's another big club bottom licker. Media whore, wonder what he says about Coventry ?

One ex employee who has spoken out against Venkys on twitter is Alan Myers.

Shortly into the new year he tweeted a picture of the Rovers badge with the message 'get it back in 2017.'

To his credit he always said he would walk if he couldn't do the best job for the fans, and he duly upheld his word.

Its certainly more than most ex-employees have done I'll give him credit for that, but his NDA means that's as far as it will ever go, and that puts him in the bracket of money before decency and doing the right thing.

Archived