BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cowardly Ex Players, Ex Employees

ABBEY

Its certainly more than most ex-employees have done I'll give him credit for that, but his NDA means that's as far as it will ever go, and that puts him in the bracket of money before decency and doing the right thing.

He walk away. Didnt sign a NDA I think

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its certainly more than most ex-employees have done I'll give him credit for that, but his NDA means that's as far as it will ever go, and that puts him in the bracket of money before decency and doing the right thing.

I may be wrong but I'm with chaddy on this and didn't think he signed an NDA. If he has I completely agree with you.

One ex employee who has spoken out against Venkys on twitter is Alan Myers.

Shortly into the new year he tweeted a picture of the Rovers badge with the message 'get it back in 2017.'

To his credit he always said he would walk if he couldn't do the best job for the fans, and he duly upheld his word.

Any mileage in the Action Group or Trust having a lengthy chat with Mr Myers if he's willing? The enemy of your enemy and all that.....

I'm sure it was posted on here that Myers refused to go into detail when pressed about Venkys/resigning, that could just be a case of him protecting his future employment prospects, either way he wouldn't talk.

Maybe he wasn't around long enough to learn much anyway.

One ex employee who has spoken out against Venkys on twitter is Alan Myers.

Shortly into the new year he tweeted a picture of the Rovers badge with the message 'get it back in 2017.'

To his credit he always said he would walk if he couldn't do the best job for the fans, and he duly upheld his word.

He is supportive on twitter, however what did he do about it when he was in the job? Seem to recall a patronising "message from the owners" clearly written by him that went on about how much they wanted success. Obviously through their actions it was all lies. But people like Myers put it out there and some fans believe it.

That is why I am going to Castleford (Wife's team) v Leigh for Leigh's first Super League game.

The place will be rocking.....and no cheating overpaid nancy pants footballers.

When will you realise that we are not interested in your gloating about what you are doing instead of going to rovers matches. You are no longer a fan and should not be posting on here.

Alan Myers DID NOT sign a NDA.

Just asked him on twitter he verified he didnt sign one.

very approachable and always talk about Rovers and wants the best for the club. Its like we are his second club he supports

But it's just a job isn't it?

• Backroom

i thought salgado and savage had already spoken out about venkeys

Salgado yes, Savage not to my knowledge. Robbie has said he wants to "give the fans a platform" but as far as I'm aware has never outright come out against the owners.

Coventry got a few ex players backing them along with the local press against there dodgy owners and twohat of a chairman but to my knowledge not one ex player except salgado has backed the fans and don't get me started on that disgrace of a rag the LT

Alan Myers DID NOT sign a NDA.

Just asked him on twitter he verified he didnt sign one.

very approachable and always talk about Rovers and wants the best for the club. Its like we are his second club he supports

He's not gonna say yes is he? Can you imagine the stick he'd get for "taking hush money" and being a "greedy @#/?", etc. He may or may not have signed one, I (and definitely you too) don't have a clue if he did or not. Surely you're not naive enough to think he's gonna admit it on a social media site.

If he wants another job in football, be that in media or as a "communications officer", or whatever, then he's not going to slag off his last football employers. He'll give little hints without actually saying much and keep fans who can't see through it (by stupidity or by choice) on side.

I was looking forward to Lambert splilling the beans when he left.

Given all his bluster and bravado while he was in the job, I was expecting him to lambast the owners once he had left.

But no, it seems like he was happy to take the money and keep quiet. Only thing that mattered to him was to make sure his relatively unsuccessful reign was blamed on someone else. These people don't care about the truth or our football club.

Do NDAs last for ever? Six years since John Williams left. surely one day he will say something

What about ex Managers,King Kenny? Souness? Hughes?...no NDAs there.

You high profile football fellas had great success at Ewood,you must have some empathy to our cause?

Nothing but silence to date.

and that is what is very very galling

I was looking forward to Lambert splilling the beans when he left.

Given all his bluster and bravado while he was in the job, I was expecting him to lambast the owners once he had left.

But no, it seems like he was happy to take the money and keep quiet. Only thing that mattered to him was to make sure his relatively unsuccessful reign was blamed on someone else. These people don't care about the truth or our football club.

Do NDAs last for ever? Six years since John Williams left. surely one day he will say something

Wonder if these people are still being paid a monthly salary for the duration of their original contracts?

Would explain why we're still (allegedly) losing £2m a month, despite flogging everyone that earns a decent wedge.

But if they are - and it's plausible - then it doesn't explain the debt...

• Backroom

How would Lambert get another job if he started lambasting Venky's? Almost every club is owned by some crackpot these days, they aren't going to hire somebody who starts shooting his mouth off the moment he leaves.

It's amazing the grudge some people are holding against Lambert, for reasons that are beyond me. Meanwhile no questioning of Mr Bowyer's silence since he left? At least Lambert had the decency to thank the fans, whilst the man who supposedly loved the club had no word for the fans and nothing to say about Venky's. Hmm.

• Backroom

Bowyer thanks the fans when we played Blackpool in pre season

Well, his words were:

“Unfortunately for me I wasn’t able to thank the Blackburn fans for all the wonderful support that they gave me.

“The backing that I had there was fantastic so it will probably be a chance to say ‘thank you’ to them. It will be a thoroughly good game.”

What exactly does he mean by he wasn't able to thank us? He was incapable of writing a statement, or forced not to? Why did it take eight months and a pre-season friendly for him to do so?

Disregarding all that, not a peep from him about the owners. I don't blame him, as much like Lambert, he wouldn't be working in football anymore if he started talking trash about his past employers. Still, if we're going to have a go at Lambert for not saying anything we have to do the same for Bowyer, Berg and Appleton who haven't said a thing either.

But if they are - and it's plausible - then it doesn't explain the debt...

It would explain why they say (again allegedly) they have to put in £30m a year. (Which we all know is bullshit). Maybe they are trying to get the amount they have to pay current employees down because they have spaffed so much paying off ex-employees so they don't blab about their past dealings? Who knows, but there's no way they have to stick £2m a month in to pay just current expenses that's for sure.

Archived