BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs The Pool Fa Cup

chor808

The one thing the protests have done is change the public perception of the fans from the kean period to now. More pundits, newspapers and fans of other clubs understand what is happening and I believe our fans tarnished image has been replaced by a modicum of understanding of why we protested and that we are not just spoiled fans who expect to much but loyal honest people who want what's right and best for the club and wider community. It may or may not affect the scumbags in India but the reason I stated alone made everybody who spent time and effort supporting any form of protest worthwhile and gets my full respect.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Protests in the UK against Venkys wont work. They arent affect by it. They arent here in the Uk and have no other business interest in the UK.

this is why the england cricket game in pune was vital for a protest but low and behold we miss the oppurtunity.

there are two pitches at mill hill,griffin park and mill hill old boys,both could hold a couple of thousand fans,fancy the blackpool team playing with venkysout on there shirts and us with oystons out on ours.

Protests in the UK against Venkys wont work. They arent affect by it. They arent here in the Uk and have no other business interest in the UK.

Cop-out Chaddy. You repeat this same excuse every time the topic comes up.

You have no more idea what affects Venkys than anyone else. Just because it hasn't yet doesn't mean it never can.

Read Post 102 this page which explains exactly why protest is important and why you should be part of it.

Lets strip it right back. Chaddy, you say that protests in the UK don't work, but you want Venkys Out. Great, that's your opinion.

In which case why are you not in touch with the other fans in the background that are working away on things like the newspaper advert, travelling to India, reaching out to Indian journalists, attacking their products on social media?

There's plenty of protests that aren't in the U.K. that you can support and help be achieved. But I get a funny feeling that this isn't really to do with protesting in India, right? It's more of a can't be arsed thing, isn't it? Just waiting for everyone else to do the hard work so you can celebrate when they do leave.

Bowyer got more points per game than Lambert, which is the only true gauge of how a manager performs. Lambert also signed 9 players in one window so he's also ahead in the 'players signed per window' table.

Facts, not fancy, dear boy.

So after 2½ years in the job, five transfer windows, Bowyer only has a marginally better PPG ratio to show for it?

And didn't Lambert bring in seven players, not nine? Mostly loans?

.....and all those who are in denial about the plight of BRFC will ignore the missing 20,000 and the closed stands and say 'It's just a bad spell we're going through'.

Pass me the sick bucket.

:brfc:

Not specifically aimed at you MCMC but the last few posts are typical; blame the fans!

I can respect those who boycott, even though I think they are helping speed up the nails in the coffin.

Why can't people who boycott, respect those who don't think that or protesting is a useful action?

It's easy; "oh you made your mind up? Ok I can live with that".

Not specifically aimed at you MCMC but the last few posts are typical; blame the fans!

I can respect those who boycott, even though I think they are helping speed up the nails in the coffin.

Why can't people who boycott, respect those who don't think that or protesting is a useful action?

No logic there Jbiz. YOU are clearly blaming boycotters who you think "are helping speed up the nails in the coffin."

A terrible analysis in my view but there you go.

CHADDY - You said this on the PL thread and others which I gave you the other side of, incase you missed it concerning the movement of protests and possible affects.

Owners bothered about it? Yes refer to the accounts in which additional monies put in last year would have been significantly lower if we still had the levels of turnover from supporters, that was based on 14k attendances. Given we are sub-10k these days then the next set of figures will be even more damming further underling that boycotting and initiatives are having a desired impact and requiring more levels of director funding to subsidize the deficit, given we are taking short term loans out to cover expenditure it would suggest the bank and Venkys are trying to halt further losses in anyway they can.

In relation to the protest movements/1875 you seem to fail to grasp the concept behind it! If you have exposure on Sky who then report it, the clear action of protests become talked about, if your on sky then it's shown to all football fans of which some still have no clue about the turmoil of this club! Why do you think Coventry, Charlton get the press? It's simply because there fans have exposed it to the main stream media and had the country talk about it! It also gives no excuses to the likes of the LET to ignore our plight and print the Venkys WW3 propaganda. How many papers and tv outlets reporting Blackpool and Coventry's pitch invasion? All of them.

I read some absolute Sh1te from attendees telling everyone they are there showing we are a good club to buy and fan base? Do you seriously believe that? Stop sniffing the glue as it has zero affect, the 70% of ex ST's/Fans have taken action, they've walked away, it's down to the 30% to take action of ANY form. The premier league clubs revenue from ticket sales don't even cover a players wage for a year, it's only the further down you go then it becomes more important of self-financing/FFP/Wage Turnover but we shouldn't be looking at that, this club prior to the Indians spent bar two years of its PL existence hosting top flight football, continuing to join boycotting will chase these out.

You can always look at the accounts, distribute flyers before you take your seat, hold a banner up?

What have you done out of curiosity in respect of supporting any form of "Movement"?

No logic there Jbiz. YOU are clearly blaming boycotters who you think "are helping speed up the nails in the coffin."

A terrible analysis in my view but there you go.

It's my opinion 47er. I believe those walking away are hastening the speed of our drop. Do I utilise that to call out boycotters as "fair weather?"....

No. I respect the reasons and decisions of most to walk away. Abbey, Neal etc - they are taking stances to be respected, even if it doesn't tally with my own personal view.

The only people whose actions I don't respect are a few who are "boycotting" despite never bothering to protest or put their funds/energy into a solution.

Sitting on your ass and just not going to Ewood is not a "boycott".

It's my opinion 47er. I believe those walking away are hastening the speed of our drop. Do I utilise that to call out boycotters as "fair weather?"....

No. I respect the reasons and decisions of most to walk away. Abbey, Neal etc - they are taking stances to be respected, even if it doesn't tally with my own personal view.

The only people whose actions I don't respect are a few who are "boycotting" despite never bothering to protest or put their funds/energy into a solution.

You call on others to respect Chaddy's view, which is that protest/boycotts are useless and we should continue to turn up but disrespect those who say "this is a farce and I'm staying away"

Can't help thinking this is contradictory and hypocritical.

what is it then?

To me It's turning your back on the club and walking away.

Anyone is entitled to make that choice but don't hide behind the term 'boycott'

To me a boycott is a singular event, never going is walking away.

Many have walked away, for whatever reason, probably never to return.

But there are actual boycotters like Abbey who are doing it out of principle and will return once the incumbent have buggered off.

Staggering. Truly staggering. Venkys must love people like you doing their dirty work for them. Who needs enemies with comrades like this?

You do understand the concept of a boycott?

Verb: withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

Not going once isn't a boycott.

I'm fine with fans attending JBiz. We need em all and the vast majority despise Venkys for all they have done/are doing. However, there are one or two who can see no danger and think all is well down Ewood way.

If there was 15k fans steadfastly turning up every home game it wouldn't make one jot of difference apart from maybe saving a stand from closing. The extra bit of revenue that brings in would be spewed away on something else and would barely make a dint in servicing the debt or outgoings.

This has been done to death.

What about if you just go to away games?

It's a boycott for many, you can't deny that.

what is it then?

It's giving up going. Moaning about the state of the club on here is not "protesting". I can understand why people don't want to go, but just giving up your seat and doing other things; that's not essentially a boycott imo.

If it is, it's definitely not one that will make a difference.

What about if you just go to away games?

It's a boycott for many, you can't deny that.

See that's not sitting on your ass! Still vocally and physically supporting the team, a platform to protest and essentially an action designed to show the club your feelings. Just stopping going - it may not achieve anything more than the previous, but there is at least some level of effort or intention.

It's one thing I considered to be honest - 250 quid for a ST or 5 away games.

If he was boycotting he would understand. I must have been to over 1000 matches the last 40 years. Feels strange not attending, but these are strange times, with strange owners and strange goings on.

Not bothered what divisiom we are in, but would like honest owners with the clubs best interests at heart and a united fanbase.

Can't support the corruption any longer. Taints your skin. This is a shell of the club I have followed all my life. Went on the original protests, but the turnout was pathetic. No wonder Kean claimed 1%.

Theres no right or wrong. Nothing lasts forever.

I'm fine with fans attending JBiz. We need em all and the vast majority despise Venkys for all they have done/are doing. However, there are one or two who can see no danger and think all is well down Ewood way.

I don't think there are more than "a couple" who think the club is in anything but the wrong hands, and those cannot be taken seriously. Attending and refusing to protest at games (under the belief that it makes little difference) is not the same though.

I'm broken by the way the club has fallen, but it hurts to see so many empty seats - I think yours is one (I think you sat about three rows in front of me).

They won't be "all" refilled when and if we turn the corner, it will take years.

I don't think there are more than "a couple" who think the club is in anything but the wrong hands, and those cannot be taken seriously. Attending and refusing to protest at games (under the belief that it makes little difference) is not the same though.

I'm broken by the way the club has fallen, but it hurts to see so many empty seats - I think yours is one (I think you sat about three rows in front of me).

They won't be "all" refilled when and if we turn the corner, it will take years.

I know this is probably fantasy land, but of this unlikely happens and we survive this year and start to run correctly again, do you not think we would be up to 15, 000 fans again quite quickly? If we are up there challenging this time next year, with a new owner, I think the crowds will return. The danger is, we are stuck with Venky's and fall further, as that scenario will take some real recovery time.

Archived