BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs The Pool Fa Cup

chor808

The game clashes with my Mum's 90th Birthday party.

This will be the Bowyer who said to me and Baz after the fans meeting at Ewood "and I had to miss Corrie for that". He had a few digs at the fans in the press as well if you all remember.

He did well financially for himself at Elwood. There is obviously little gratitude for it reading his latest comments.

What a pillock, good riddance.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this game.

Hopefully give Bowyer the send off he deserved after doing a good job here after the mess he took on when he was appointed full time.

Yeah I might crawl out from under that rock Bowyer thinks I live under, to cheer him wildly.

Unbeaten run of three games? What a tit. How about 3 wins in 16 Gaz? He obviously does not understand why he was sacked and presumably thinks he did a very good job. Yes he helped keep us up all on his lonesome, or was that Rhodes? I get confused.

Chance for both sets of fans to fully support the protests and not attend the match. Yeah right.

Riverside is closed for this game.

Darwen End for away supporters only.

Einstein not needed to work out what comes next for future fixtures / next season.

The riverside closure now was rumored last year now definitely seems on the cards

Fans have been riversiders for years.. What a way to lose even more fans

The riverside closure now was rumored last year now definitely seems on the cards

Fans have been riversiders for years.. What a way to lose even more fans

I wonder what kind of spin Cheston will apply to try and sell the idea to as many people as possible?

No doubt reference to the better facilities in the JW stand, possibly something about a better matchday experience in other stands.

When he shut down the Blackburn Upper and forcibly relocated long standing season ticket holders it was sold as a move to improve the experience for the families and kids by bringing them closer to the action to the side of the pitch. No such excuse when shutting the Riverside, especially when it contains some of the longest standing season ticket holders the club has and many people likely to be hostile to the idea of being told that their seat isn't theirs any more.

I predicted when Cheston started his cost cutting regime that home fans would be concentrated into the Blackburn lower and JW stands and if the likely relegation occurs then this will almost certainly happen this coming summer.

I wonder what kind of spin Cheston will apply to try and sell the idea to as many people as possible?

No doubt reference to the better facilities in the JW stand, possibly something about a better matchday experience in other stands.

When he shut down the Blackburn Upper and forcibly relocated long standing season ticket holders it was sold as a move to improve the experience for the families and kids by bringing them closer to the action to the side of the pitch. No such excuse when shutting the Riverside, especially when it contains some of the longest standing season ticket holders the club has and many people likely to be hostile to the idea of being told that their seat isn't theirs any more.

I predicted when Cheston started his cost cutting regime that home fans would be concentrated into the Blackburn lower and JW stands and if the likely relegation occurs then this will almost certainly happen this coming summer.

Maybe the Accountant is playing both sides, this is a cunning plan to get all the Venky's out banners infront of the re-located tv cameras :)

Seems that the Blackpool supporters are up for a joint protest for this. Ideas are being sought from both sets of supporters, but this is a huge opportunity to show the owners and the FA what we all think. A theme of football is nothing without fans, is being mooted.

The thing is, there will be no more football matches at Ewood or Bloomfield very soon, unless we make a stand. Do not underestimate this opportunity to make a stand. That's exactly why we have got to the fourth page discussing protests and we will see plenty more.

£10 for season ticket holders and £12 for non season ticket holders. £5 for Seniors and 18 to 21 year olds. £2 for 17 and under. Pretty good prices in my opinion,

We have till Friday 20th to claim our own seats in the Blackburn End and Jack Walker Stand. Riverside closed and Darwen End for away supporters only.

It IS a 3pm kick off.

There were only 5,900 on Ewood when we played Swansea a few years ago and then only 13,900 against Stoke the round after despite Stoke bringing nearly 7,000 fans. So about 5,000 and 7,000 home fans for games in the Cup against Premier League opposition. That was at a time of relative stability and improved atmosphere around the club, arguably the one and only time that the club has appeared normal and the fans focused on the football.

This time round with the opposition being from League Two, and more importantly the atmosphere around the club being at an all time low, I'd be amazed if more than 5,000 turned up to watch, and that's assuming a reasonable following from the coast.

Extremely sad and should be humiliating and embarrassing for the club to have such crowds turning up for a winnable 4th round game in an all Lancashire tie given what this club has achieved over the years, especially in this tournament.

I suspect the reaction from the club will be a 'such is life' mentality and further 'evidence' why we need more cutbacks.

There were only 5,900 on Ewood when we played Swansea a few years ago and then only 13,900 against Stoke the round after despite Stoke bringing nearly 7,000 fans. So about 5,000 and 7,000 home fans for games in the Cup against Premier League opposition. That was at a time of relative stability and improved atmosphere around the club, arguably the one and only time that the club has appeared normal and the fans focused on the football.

This time round with the opposition being from League Two, and more importantly the atmosphere around the club being at an all time low, I'd be amazed if more than 5,000 turned up to watch, and that's assuming a reasonable following from the coast.

Extremely sad and should be humiliating and embarrassing for the club to have such crowds turning up for a winnable 4th round game in an all Lancashire tie given what this club has achieved over the years, especially in this tournament.

I suspect the reaction from the club will be a 'such is life' mentality and further 'evidence' why we need more cutbacks.

If we lose this game, and Coyle is still manager, then I am officially done until that plank and his cronies are gone. I still try and check scores, but if that happens, I won't bother anymore.

Stokies only had the bottom tier i think just under 5k as i think the famous Bburn boys in blue took over that game. Agree with the rest though and a game like this even in tough times should see 10k+ on with a decent Seaside contingent.

5k max on this.

£10 for season ticket holders and £12 for non season ticket holders. £5 for Seniors and 18 to 21 year olds. £2 for 17 and under. Pretty good prices in my opinion,

We have till Friday 20th to claim our own seats in the Blackburn End and Jack Walker Stand. Riverside closed and Darwen End for away supporters only.

It IS a 3pm kick off.

Agreed, the prices are excellent. Several friends have been down for tickets today, I'll pop down tomorrow. So glad it's a 3pm kick off. Quite why the TV companies think Man Utd v Wigan is going to be a crowd puller I can't imagine - but more than glad that they have left us alone.

Agreed, the prices are excellent. Several friends have been down for tickets today, I'll pop down tomorrow. So glad it's a 3pm kick off. Quite why the TV companies think Man Utd v Wigan is going to be a crowd puller I can't imagine - but more than glad that they have left us alone.

I'll get mine by 'phone.

Archived